UTG+1 newribas ($50.00)
      MP Lansky667 ($59.07)
      CO macke399 ($99.16)
      BTN Hero ($110.36)
      SB Lu____da ($50.00)
      BB winstrateg ($16.13)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is BTN Q:club: A:heart:
      BushMonkey1 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: 3:heart: A:spade: 6:club: ($3.75, 2 players)
      BushMonkey1 bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: 7:spade: ($9.75, 2 players)
      BushMonkey1 bets $9, Hero calls $9

River: 8:club: ($27.75, 2 players)
      BushMonkey1 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $27.75

Villian: 40/11/0.8/27

Raise flop? What to do against re-raise?
  • 3 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      against a re-raise I think you have an easy fold, as AJ and AQ wouldn't 3bet, so he probably has AK or a set. If he flat calls, he could still have any of those hands, I think. If he folds, then he probablly folded a pocket pair or K high, which we didn't want to fold.

I would just flat call and check behind or call on the turn, hoping that he will bet again with AJ or bluff the river when we check turn. He seems passive, but it's still possibly that he will bluff. I think you get more value and risk less this way.

On the river, I think he will usually value bet AK, and AQ is unlikely, so he probably has AJ, or maybe ATs, although ATs is more likely to have checked turn.
      So I guess a valuebet is possible, unless you think it's likely that he's chosen to bet flop - bet turn - C/C river with AK.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I think you played this fine since you had no real reads. Raising the flop pretty much only compels villain to fold everything you beat. NH.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Snodreliss,

I like to fold it PF. He's not a loose PF raiser, and he's raising from EP, I'd just fold it and avoid trouble.

Flop is fine, raising will just make him fold worse hands and call/raise better hands. But your hand is just too strong to let go right now.

I'd fold on the turn though. Villain is so passive I don't think he'd bet turn with a worse hand.

As played I'd also check behind on the river, after the turn bet I really don't think he has a worse hand here. I'd take the free showdown.