Positions stats from HM2

• maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      Hi just wondering if someone could look at these and maybe see something
      I should consider changing or if they see something really bad.

I went from a heater to a 5 buyin downswing in 10NL today which maybe skews things a bit I don't know.

Thanks

• 11 replies
    • Mrmorph
      Mrmorph
      Bronze
      A couple of things:

- Low positional awareness, you open 20.2 from EP and 22.3 CO, the spread is too slim; specifically i would tighten EP a lot, no more than 13-15%.

- W$SD% from CO and EP is really bad, anything under 50% is an issue and 44.8 is very bad and, infact, your bb/100 from those positions are pretty bad

- WTSD% is pretty high, anything significantly higher than 25% is a potential issue, if we couple this with low W$SD% it means we are calling or 3barrelling too much in the wrong spots as we see too many SD with too few wins
    • maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      Thanks. I should tighten up from EP but should I loosen uop from CO though you reckon?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      At a glance, the biggest thing that stands out to me is your sample size -10k hands isn't enough to say anything really.

However...

Seems like you're playing looser in the SB than in the BB which is a mistake because SB is the worst position at the table. Instead you should be playing less from SB.

Looks like you are going to showdown a little too often as well, as Mrmorph said. Probably not folding enough on turns and rivers.

Your position awareness looks strange - for 6max I'd expect to see ~10-12% UTG, 14-18% in MP, 23-30% in CO and 45-60% in BU, but CO, BU and SB should be really dynamic.

Looks like your 3betting range is pretty static and looks like TT+ and AQ+ from most positions with a couple of bluffs thrown in especially from the blinds. This should be a very dynamic part of your game and will depend entirely on the opponent who is opening so it is likely to be a mistake to just have a static range.

Overall, anything that can be said about the stats you've given shouldn't be taken as accurate because you absolutely cannot say a thing about it until you have at a minimum ~30k hands. Also it would help to have a couple of other things in there too:
      averages over all positions, which should be along the bottom of the image and coloured yellow on hm2. Also, add in things like fold to 3bet and raise first in (UO PFR), along with Cbet flop, turn and river and fold to cbet flop, turn river.

I'm sure there are a ton of other stats you could display as well that might give a better idea of you game but once again, you'll need to play more hands :D

Hope that helps!
      Lewis.
    • maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      Sorry guys I had a filter on. I have more hands than this. Let me edit and add my real stats. I think I have a question or two too.

edit:

Just a bit confused about going to showdown percentage now and why it should be lower?
      I'm guessing I should be making my opponent fold more or stop calling too much rivers unless I'm winning?

Also, I'm worried about ratio from VPIP to PFR in the BB? Should I defintely be calling less/ raising more?
      Thanks again.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      17k is a bit of a better sample, but still not really anything...

Just overall it seems pretty normal to be going to SD somewhere between 22% and 26%. This is the ballpark that most solid winners lie within - I have just pulled that number out of thin air though but it just seems to be the case. I'd say stop calling rivers unless you're winning is a pretty good plan! Trying to make your opponents fold just to reduce your WTSD is a pretty bad idea.

About the BB... It's hard to say. I'm not really too familiar with looking at that info so maybe someone else can offer some ideas about it. The only thing is SB is the worst spot to be in for obvious reasons; in the BB you often get okay odds to call when facing a LP open and especially when facing a SB open since you have position postflop against a really wide range (on average). So if anything, your BB stats should be a bit more liberal than your SB. But not too liberal, especially if you can't state a good enough reason for getting into those spots. In the SB you should be playing very tight when facing an open raise - only flat with a narrow range. If I were to guess, you should just stop calling so much in the BB given your winrate.
    • maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      . I'd say stop calling rivers unless you're winning is a pretty good plan! Trying to make your opponents fold just to reduce your WTSD is a pretty bad idea.
      Lmao. But the second point I mean making them fold better hands.

Anyways I can't explain why I'm more open i the SB, perhaps I'm just trying to steal the big blind when it's folded to me?

I could have sworn I was lose enough from the button but I'm going to try steal more I think. I think perhaps I'll leave weak suited aces, suited connectors, QJo out of my EP range.
      HM2 tells me I'm not doing too well with those from EP anyways.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, if i saw you on my hud, the thing that reeeally stands out to me is that your positional awareness is bad.

since you specifically mentioned a few hands from EP...
      QJo totally sucks, it plays pretty badly and people will call you in position with hands that have you dominated... in fact i don't even open KQo/AJo without fish on blinds, though you can argue for it.
      suited aces and specially the higher suited connectors should be considerably better than QJo, though they are tricky and require good reading skills. you can do perfectly fine without opening them... i believe in "tight is right" when playing oop.

as for loosening up on btn and sb... you can def loosen up on btn, but by how much should be really dependant on the players behind and on your postflop skills. ofc it's fun to make people fold better hands, but to do that without being too spewy requires good hand and soul reading.
    • maca1214
      maca1214
      Bronze
      I undertsand. I've learned a lot more than I expected I would making this thread actually. Peace. I'm going back 5NL to sort this out before I take a shot again.,
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      actually i have different take than just changing your game style now.

actually stick to it after like 50 k hands.

go filter until you only get UTG stats and see what hands are making you money and losing you money.

It will give you a shocker but it gives you a better feel what type of hands you shouldnt play UTG.

I believe this is better than someone saying " no dude, dont raise that hand, it will cost you."

Sorry I might sound like an as* but trust me, I did this to myself to wake up.(after discovering one grouping of hands is causing me lose -20b/100 hands when i can just fold it and have -0BB/hands)
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      i've used Leakbuster a bunch, and it recommends a 50k sample for a more accurate reading of your stats. But it does seem like your winrate from the BB isn't so hot, so maybe try and work on tightening that up a little bit. And also you are 3 betting more from the SB/BB than you are from the Button/CO. And the WTSD numbers are pretty high.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      even 50k is still too small of a sample, get at least 200k or sthing around that. otherwise I don't think any conclusions can be made on a 10k sample.