Defending vs BU min raises in BB (6max)

• donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      So its seems that at NL10/25 SH zoom over 50% of regs are min raising BU, what sort of defending range should we have in the BB.

Obv this depends on villains rfi in BU, 3bet call and fold range etc etc.

So vs TAG reg who minraises 50% OTB who we beleive we have a slight edge postflop what range should we defend?
  • 6 replies
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      for depends on bu player.

Basically if the player usually only CB and checks down, I might even call with A2o+ and small pp BUT if he notice it and start to 2nd barrel you might lose money so......

ya....

poker, tough...

hope i helped thou....
    • donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      Cheers mate, something to think about I suppose and yeah it depends on player etc. I just don't know wide you should be defending in general, I've always been pretty tight from the blinds so its a bit of problem when everyone starts to minraise BU lol. I guess starting from what %age you should defend to stop him autoprofiting by stealing the blinds with atc would be a good start, but then how would you factor in the fact that you know he only opens 50%?
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Well you can think about the auto-profit if you're concerned about exploitation, but IMO don't worry about that. Think of the odds you get when min-raised: 3.5:1! You need only 22% equity to b/e if we're only talking pot odds. Now, we can take a few % extra because of rake, and few % extra because we're out of position (harder to realise our equity). So let's arbitrarily say around 27-30% equity.

Against a 50% opening range you're going to have this equity with any two cards. So you need to be calling fairly wide here (ldo). How do you decide how wide? Well, it depends how competent you are post-flop. If you had an edge against most regs at the limit, I don't think it would be a mistake to defend nearly 100% in this particular spot. Remember HU players easily defend >75% of the time in BB and don't even have such great odds.
    • donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      Great reply ains21! cheers for that, makes sense! Now to try and incorporate it into my game :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you should at least defend 50% of your range. I defend around 80% of my range in BB vs BU minraise.

The key thing to note is that your aim is not to show a profit, but just lose less than 100bb/100 hands (mitigating your losses incurred by folding)
    • donut10
      donut10
      Bronze
      Thanks mbml so what your saying is, assuming large sample, if a hand you're calling with shows a loss of -0.9bb/hand its +ev to call coz you'd be losing -1bb/hand if you folded, right?