HM2 database copy?

• benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello there,

I have been playing poker using my old computer with HM2, now when I have a new PC I would like to start playing on that one.
      How should I proceed in order to have all the same data on the new computer? Is it possible to copy the database with all hand history and will the HM2 work with Windows 8?
      Awaiting for some answers,
      Thanks and regards!
  • 9 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey benaars

I'll give you a quick answer until our HEM2 expert comes along to help If need be. when you go into HEM2 you should see a option at the top called 'database' once you click this option select 'backup' it not only saves the hand history but you can opt to save all of the notes and stuff you've taken as well. Once you've done this you can simply import these hands on to your new computer. And holdemmanager2 supports windows 8 yes. I'm jealous that you have a new computer btw, I'd love an upgrade. Hope I helped.

Regards,
      Luke
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hi legand!

Thanks for your answer!
      Oh, didnt know that there is such an option! Anyway, when I do the backup, where will all the information be stored (file, folder)? How should I proceed further on? Will the back-up be stored in some folder which I have to copy to new computer? Never done this before, so it might be a stupid question though... :(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please see our FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/931/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+your+settings+ONLY

The Backup creates one file (you can edit location and name) which you can copy to the new computer via USB Stick or network or ....
      On the new computer you choose restore and select the file
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      I play with HM2 on a laptop & desktop.

Just install it on the new machine , sync database to cloud on the 'old' machine & then the same on the new one. (You are allowed 2 installs with your serial number I think).

That way all your hands are backed up on the cloud & transferred over aswell.

It seems to work fine.

If I change my HUD I just export it to dropbox & import on the other machine.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      netsrak,
      Thanks but i think that the website you have posted here isn't what I had to do, as it says I will be making a backup for my settings, not the whole hand history etc.

sileekhunt
      How do I sync my Pc's to the cloud?
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by benaars

Here is a picture;

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      thanks seleekhunt for your help dude (or dudette)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Originally posted by benaars
      netsrak,
      Thanks but i think that the website you have posted here isn't what I had to do, as it says I will be making a backup for my settings, not the whole hand history etc.

sileekhunt
      during the backup procedure you have different options to save your database, your settings ....
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE!