HU - late stages of sng's

• Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Im having trouble when getting heads up, I think I reach the money about 50% of the time however I not whinning that many Heads up matches, Im fine if I go in with a big chip lead because I can just bully the opponent, however when im the underdog Im finding it extremely difficult. Any tips/advice?

p.s I've looked at the SAGE article.
  • 4 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hi Alex

HU confrontations will all be different in my experience these are some things that will influence the games:

1) Blinds: the bigger the blinds the more aggressive you need to be... if the blinds are huge 1 fold from your opponent can give you a significant advantage... if you still have 13+ BB you can still play a bit more tightly... a lot of the time if I have less than 5BB or my opponent has less than 5BB I will push almost anything...

2) Your opponent: is he playing tight/loose, is he limping/pushing, is he trying to trap you etc... getting a guage of your opponent will allow you to adapt to the game...

As far as starting hands go, SAGE gives a good idea on what to use... you can always use ICM trainer as well... most importantly if you want to win you can't be afraid of losing...

Hope this helps

Nick
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I could give you a coaching on IRQ today or tomorrow if your interested :)
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      yeah sure m8, that would be gd, I know u think your a bit of a pro when HU lol
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      Just download ICM trainer and keep practising once your making the right play in every situation you will start to win more HU's than you loose