Fixed Limit blogs

• venatici
      venatici
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Could you please suggest me some good FL blogs on English board forums. And when I say good, I mean blogs where author or other posters bring some valuable theoretical posts, not only about strategy but general self improvement.

Thanks in advance! :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup:
      venatici
  • 23 replies
      Bronze
      hey vena.. I saw you on the tables yesterday :D my sn is n1ghtahh

and To be honest i don't think you will find any fixed limit blogs on the english side that are anything near the polish blogs. The only one i can think of is Boomer's blog.

on that note i think it would be cool if we could have a sub forum with fixed limit blogs only. because in the big blog sub forum its impossible to find FL blogs amongst all the useless nl/plo etc blogs. I would certainly start a blog if we could have that.
    • deralte71
      deralte71
      Bronze
      Taavi isn't playing as much as he used to, but it's an interesting blog about his journey from small stakes to mid stakes:

taavi1337 - noob learning FL
      Bronze
      taavi is not playing poker anymore. he moved on and will not very likely return to be playing poker ..
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren
      taavi is not playing poker anymore. he moved on and will not very likely return to be playing poker ..
      Very sad to hear, one of Pokerstrategy's genuine success stories and did very well for himself but people do move on in life and wish him all the best in the future

I will be posting more poker related content soon and there will be some public coaching chances too :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Very sad to hear, one of Pokerstrategy's genuine success stories and did very well for himself but people do move on in life and wish him all the best in the future

I will be posting more poker related content soon and there will be some public coaching chances too :)
      I know! .. Ive begged him for more than 3 hours straight to return to poker :D last time i spoke to him over mic/skype :P

but he aint coming back i think. unless he really is in dire need of money and that wont happen for a few months at least.
    • venatici
      venatici
      Bronze
      Hey,

@Avataren

hey vena.. I saw you on the tables yesterday grin my sn is n1ghtahh

Hey, didn't know it's you and from what I see we played only about 8 hands lol

on that note i think it would be cool if we could have a sub forum with fixed limit blogs only.

Ye, on polish board we've got sub forums for all different kinds of poker (okok, some studs, razz and so on are having one board) - very comfy!

@deralte71

Thanks for the link, will read it later and try to find something interesting there! :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup:

@Boomer2k10

As You (British) say: Bring in!

@General

Thanks for your replies guys. Unfortunately some great polish players recently stopped blogging (Belik555, klz03). But we still got chudyand1's blog. Pitty that you don't know polish, lots of value in klz03 and Belik555's blogs :p

Cheers! :s_smile: :s_smile:
      Bronze
      Originally posted by venatici
      Hey,

@Avataren

hey vena.. I saw you on the tables yesterday grin my sn is n1ghtahh

Hey, didn't know it's you and from what I see we played only about 8 hands lol

on that note i think it would be cool if we could have a sub forum with fixed limit blogs only.

Ye, on polish board we've got sub forums for all different kinds of poker (okok, some studs, razz and so on are having one board) - very comfy!

@deralte71

Thanks for the link, will read it later and try to find something interesting there! :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup:

@Boomer2k10

As You (British) say: Bring in!

@General

Thanks for your replies guys. Unfortunately some great polish players recently stopped blogging (Belik555, klz03). But we still got chudyand1's blog. Pitty that you don't know polish, lots of value in klz03 and Belik555's blogs :p

Cheers! :s_smile: :s_smile:
      Yeah i had to leave earlier than expected.
      and i wish i could read polish :P would love to have read beliks .. and chudy is amazing :D
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      FLHE Community Blogs

Sticky post for all EN FL blogs so don't be shy people now your blog won't get lost :)
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      What about T-Pirahna blog? In my opinion best FL Hold'em player...
      TPirahna
      Bronze
      @ SonOfSonOfSpock - first of all hard to spell your name :D second yeah TPirahna is a very good player and his blog is cool to read. as being the best player in FL thats debatable. hes certainly the best grinder and one of those who puts in the most volume. maybe toda grinds more not sure. and TPirahna has an amazing winrate at the stakes he plays. But even he thinks there are better players like otterkopf/st1ckman/Yoghii and a bunch of others.

But all in all my personal opinion hes a sickly good player and well respected. and my personal favorite. though his reputation got recently tarnished when the jama-dharma case was at its highest on 2p2 .. which all in all was a sad story. As jama was my first idol when i started FL. :)
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Yea my nickname is hard to spell, but they don't let me change it. To be frank with you I'm still fairly new at this game despite I start playing perhaps in 2008 and I play it regularly, but I still don't evaluate players because my experience in this game is limited. I said TPirahna because he is the most humble, have a good winrate like you said, he rarely overplay is hand to much and he judges very well some spots.

But even he thinks there are better players like otterkopf/st1ckman/Yoghii and a bunch of others.
      Like I said he is very humble perhaps its best quality. St1ckman is a very old player and I learn a lot just watch him playing, with him and with BRAZZMONKEY. Yoghii is allways $200/$400+ and is a little hard to see him playing.

though his reputation got recently tarnished when the jama-dharma case was at its highest on 2p2
      My English does not allow me to answer in the way I want, so usually do not read a some posts, but I can find that "story" on 2+2? Let me take a look...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      But even he thinks there are better players like otterkopf/st1ckman/Yoghii and a bunch of others.
      perhaps he overestimates how well the other regs play. but yea probably he's just being humble. the suggestion that otter or st1ckman is better than him actually made me lol

if we're talking non-hu games, i'd say TPirahna is clearly the best regular. hard to say who the best hu regs are.
      Bronze
      redskwerl , i would actually nominate either jama-dharma or Yoghii for best hu player since i havent heard either of them are even trying to focus on learning 6max or another format. they are still "fulltime" HU regs. jama does play 6max a few times but very rarely. Yoghii ive seen to be waiting for a week for otter to play him at 200/400 where yoghii is beating him heavily according to otter's chat :P

and there is a difference between the most solid and the best. I actually think after having a few talks and seen a few chats here and there would think TPir is not only being humble when he says others are better than him. For sure TPirahna is the most solid 6max high stakes reg there is and I don't think anyone objects to that of the other lhe regs.

though i just found tpir to say this about the question whos the best lhe player

"If you're including heads up and 6-max, it's not even remotely debatable in my mind. ZZeigler is the best."

SOSOS - thats what im going to call you from now on hehe

the case im refering to is this http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/18/high-stakes-limit/jama-dharma-1329932/

things got out of hand and I think even though i admire TPirahnas game he went out of hand on the personal stage here. lashed out and it actually all ended in he said "i quit 2p2 for sometime" and stopped posting there. im quite sure he hasn't been posting since. He also quickly makes a note of it in his blog that he states he went berserk in a thread on 2p2 and decided to not post there anymore for a while as it made him stressed while playing.

you'd have to read both the jama dharma posts to really get a fully view on the entire case as its large. but basically people has been annoyed TPirahna is so rule strict and they think he would report them for nothing. thats why i say his reputation got tarnished a bit. or damaged if you understand that word better.

all this is just my interpetration of how things went down and are. Can't say if im wrong in anything here or right for that matter. But I do have followed the whole jama dharma case since the beginning. aka those 2 threads which can be found in the high stakes limit section on 2p2.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      I will read that thread for sure.
      About the best Heads-Up player I vote for this three players:

jama-dharma (High Roller in HU tables in FTP and PokerStars)
      Yoghii ($1000 SnG fan)
      MTails (He is a 5-Card Draw player, but is very agressive ; never saw him losing to anyone at $10/$20)

I would say Maestro Shao as well, but he normally just play's 2-7 Triple Draw.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Is Kagome Kagome/IHateJuice/JesusLebtNot (same person) any good?

Do these guys ever get to actually play b t w. I have rarely seen any action at Stars in the higher stakes. Really high stakes FL died with Full Tilt. That's for sure. The little HU action I have seen at Stars has been pretty "bizarre". Far from what I'd expect would be the advice here at PS.

Ivey any good?

He played plenty of FL in the heydays of Full Tilt. I suspect he hasn't a tenth of the knowledge about GTO and stuff that the online players have, but I also think that when the really big money gets in, his stamina (endures long sessions) and big bankroll (not exactly scared money) and general skills would still make him hard to beat (in any poker game).

/Johan = ?(
      Bronze
      yes kagome/ihatejuice/jesuslebtnot is the same person. the reason why i dont consider him on my list of current best hu players is because he moved on to 7-2 draw on ftp to follow the high stakes action. while others mentioned like yoghii and jama im pretty sure they still only focus on hu lhe.

ivey once said to ihatejuice he was a better LHE player than Ivey himself and i do think Ivey is nowhere near the top of LHE. he just plays so high that barely anyone can play him. except a select few. in any game ..
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think so too. But one way Ivey could still do well is if the meta-gaming becomes important. Then they'd be playing him on his terms. As close to GTO as possible is prolly the best way to play Ivey.

(Did I just write "prolly"? O m g, guess I have given up all resistance :( )

I have seen Jesuslebtnot play in a couple of high HU sessions. I was surprised most times the cards were turned over. He definitely did not play "standard" GTO approximation those particular sessions. 3-betting trash in the BB pre, bluffing with showdownable hands, checking behind on the flop, an occasional donk, etc, but he did it well. Wouldn't want to play (those stakes) with him.

/Johan
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      redskwerl , i would actually nominate either jama-dharma or Yoghii for best hu player since i havent heard either of them are even trying to focus on learning 6max or another format. they are still "fulltime" HU regs. jama does play 6max a few times but very rarely. Yoghii ive seen to be waiting for a week for otter to play him at 200/400 where yoghii is beating him heavily according to otter's chat :P
      very hard to tell who's the best in hu, because people aren't 'forced' to play against each other.
      i've played a fair number of the guys mentioned in this thread (hu). some i thought were excellent (like kagome, Tpir. also yoghi, although i only have like 200 hands vs him).
      others (like otter) are clearly not that great imo, and i can think of 10/20 hu regs who would have an edge on them.
      i mean otter is okay i guess, but he does these incredibly silly moves sometimes.. and it's not even like, oh he was on tilt that one time, but otherwise he's solid, because i have like 5k hu hands vs him, and probably over 10k 6m, and he plays like that all time. granted, the highest i've played him hu was at 50/100, so perhaps that's like chump change for him and wasn't taking it serious, i dunno. i doubt it, tho.

Originally posted by Avatarenand there is a difference between the most solid and the best. I actually think after having a few talks and seen a few chats here and there would think TPir is not only being humble when he says others are better than him. For sure TPirahna is the most solid 6max high stakes reg there is and I don't think anyone objects to that of the other lhe regs.
      i use the terms 'most solid' and 'best' interchangeably. what's the difference in your opinion?

though i just found tpir to say this about the question whos the best lhe player

"If you're including heads up and 6-max, it's not even remotely debatable in my mind. ZZeigler is the best."
      i'd definitely agree that Zzeig is also up there, probably in the top 5 or so.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Actually all those things you mentioned:

3-betting trash
      Bluffing SD-able hands
      Check behind
      Donking

All form part of a GTO strategy it's just that they're such tiny variances from pure strategies it's easier to approximate. in other ways but hasu's obviously playing in a way to use these strategies as well as he can which is pretty cool.