scottymac28

• 9 replies
    • scottymac28
      scottymac28
      Bronze
      hey guys.. how are yous all doing.. not really sure how to use this forum first time on it to be honest.. looking forward to doin the course just refresh some things but also learn with abit of structure for once...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello scottymac28,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

When you are ready with your first homework please post it here.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey scottymac28

Welcome to the course! Hope you enjoy it
    • scottymac28
      scottymac28
      Bronze
      is the homeworks just the 3 questions at the end of each lesson??
    • scottymac28
      scottymac28
      Bronze
      thanks guys appreciate the welcome :D ..

scotty
    • scottymac28
      scottymac28
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

i started playing poker for fun but did not have an idea of any kind of strategy.. i then started to watch abit of poker on tv and seen they had a strategy it was mainly the folds that i wanted to know why they folded 2 pair.. once i knew there was a strategy and found out that i could learn it well i want to be pretty good at anything i do so thats my motivation.. to be the best poker player that i can be...

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

think my biggest mistakes are not giving the 2nl up to 10nl players much credit i have seen so many stupid plays that when i have a good hand such as kk i rarely fold and it costs me if they have 2 pair etc..

i also play pretty tight maybe not as tight as i should be but i maybe play too aggressively and if i miss i will continue tryin to bluff and i know that its hard to bluff some people... i am tryin to outplay them far too often..

i think my single biggest mistake is bankroll management though.. sometimes because its hard to put someone on a range if they do not have 1 i go to a limit where i think people do have a range and i do well for a while but then when i lose a few hands as is normal its far to big a dent on my bankroll..

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

em basically it is to only play profitable situations and to play those situations while applying pressure to opponents..

scottymac28
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Scotty,

Great work with the first homework.

Being able to fold hands, especially at the lower limit, is definitely a must have skill. Generally you want to give your opponents credit when their lines look strong. For example a ck/call, ck/raise turn is usually a strong line.

And most importantly you need to follow some BRM rules or everything will fail. I recommend at least 25-30 BI for the lower limits (2-5 nl) and more as you go up.
    • scottymac28
      scottymac28
      Bronze
      hi all.. been a while from i have posted on this i have been doin the course again recently as a refresher.. been really helping my game.. great course.. just wondering are the homeworks and the graduation exams still being marked??

thanks

scotty
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey scottymac28,

Unfortunately our NL Beginner's Course was discontinued a couple of months ago. :(

If there are any topics you are uncertain about or wish to learn more, then you can always ask questions or even start a discussion thread.

Regards

Laz