Normal tables vs speed

• Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have been playing tons of speed poker on ipoker recently at nl10, and cant seem to beat it... I have heard in many places that speed tables are incomparably tougher then normal tables, and I was wondering to which extent. Is there anyone who has played both and can tell me about the difference in their winrates. Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Hi Blade.

If you can't beat NL10, I would suggest you to start posting as many hands in forum, and coatches will find you leaks for sure (it worked for me).

Regarding the speed tables, I think they are tougher than normal tables, because even most of the fish play tight preflop so they make less mistakes postflop.
      I played NL10 in ipoker and also in pokerstars, and I can tell you that it is much much easier to play in pokerstars. Ipoker network (any limit) is the hardest I played, and it is full of reggs especially at NL50 and NL100
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      I have spoken to a few regs, and also one affiliate who has 11 players in these games, they all swear no one is winning in speed nl10... So yea ofc my game can improve, but im probably switching to regular tables... Just would like to hear from more people who have played this speed thing.
    • Rinnok
      Rinnok
      Platinum
      the reason is huge rake, i can beat nl10 easy on party,stars,ftp,ongame, but everytime i play on ipoker speed nl10/20 its hard to be break even for me, i can earn only by rakeback
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Seen plenty of regs complaining about speed being unbeatable and haven't seen someone post big winning graphs with big samples. So I'd personally avoid speed or iPoker at all.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      I can tell you all, if you cant beat level NL10 on any site, then you have really big leaks, and you should try to improve it (it is far from good in that case) and the best is to post in forum.

I was having problem beating NL10 in ipoker, and when i switched to pokerstars zoom, then I was winning much easier but when I started posting in forum my hands, coathes found many of my leaks and then I crashed NL10 really fast.
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      In my opinion speed poker is definitely harder than normal tables, but it's not unbeatable. With a good rakeback speed poker is a great option because of high volume. Speed poker is harder because players are generally playing tighter, and because players are constantly changing, you really can't get too many reads from opponents, which means you can't exploit villains weaknessess really effectively.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I can tell you all, if you cant beat level NL10 on any site, then you have really big leaks, and you should try to improve it (it is far from good in that case) and the best is to post in forum.

I was having problem beating NL10 in ipoker, and when i switched to pokerstars zoom, then I was winning much easier but when I started posting in forum my hands, coathes found many of my leaks and then I crashed NL10 really fast.
      I beat 100nl, still wouldn't advice anyone that doesn't have very sick rb deal to play speed regardless of stakes. They can just go and play softer games and work on their skill there. Like what you did.

Much more fun to improve while not losing your br.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

I beat 100nl, still wouldn't advice anyone that doesn't have very sick rb deal to play speed regardless of stakes. They can just go and play softer games and work on their skill there. Like what you did.

Agree. What do you consider a good enough rb deal for playing speed tables? Do you consider pokerstars having a good rb deal?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Agree. What do you consider a good enough rb deal for playing speed tables? Do you consider pokerstars having a good rb deal?
      Something nearing 100% which is possible with bonuses, rake races etc Or [Edited by HollyMichelle]
      Stars rb is good enough if you play high volume. Supernova or higher. Regardless of volume stars is a good choice for micro players due to low rake. Also not having to deal with poor management is worth something too.

My personal preference is full tilt tho.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      I find speed poker harder, too. But there You can use some nice patterns and not be seen using them early. :)