Is Jason Mercier the best right now?

• BarryCarter
      In my interview with Jason Mercier, he claimed to be the best tournament PLO player in the world, and also considered himself among the best all round players in the world.

"I think I am one of the best, if not the best, PLO tournament players in the world. I think I have a very unique approach to the tournament format and it has shown in my results over the last five years."

"One of the things I strive to be is the number one player that is playing the game right now.It's hard to compare me to guys like Ivey, Hellmuth and Negreanu who have been playing for decades now, but when you look at the guys who are around or under 30 years old, I have to be considered one of the best, if not the best, right now."

He also addressed his image as 'lucky'. He has two WSOP bracelets, 1 EPT bracelet, tons of big cashes and other tourney wins, has been a Supernova Elite and has nearly $10m in cashes since 2008.

How far off the mark is he with his suggestion he is the best in the world?

• 5 replies