dollars or EUROS??!

• miskokvo
      OK GUYS ... dollar going down coz of problem of USA economic... so what do u think change for EUROS or not?!

my country using SKK ... in 2003 was 1$=53SKK
      2008 is 1$=19 SKK

it is more than 1/2 fall down .... and it is going down... i remember that EUROS was like 0.6-7 of 1$ but now 1Euro is 1,4$ .... i cant speak english good enought to explain better this problem!

i have 2000$ at my account ... so 1400EUROS.... i think in near future it will be 2000$= 1000EUROS WASTE OF YOUR TIME! COZ U WILL LOST A LOT OF MONEY! AND SO I
  • 12 replies
    • RockEye
      It doesn't matter, just make sure your bankroll grows more than dollar falls. :)

But seriously dollar will now start to grow soon, so don't worry.
    • SonicXT
      That just seams to say the SKK is really strong currency. In terms of Euro and Dollar ... I think they're about equal in strength (or weakness). It's volatile, but it will probably stay in the 1.35-1.55 dollar per euro band
    • miskokvo
      lol read the news ... amercian biggest bank bankcorupt, war at iraq etc.
    • swissmoumout
      euros. ideally, swiss francs or something equally stable, but that's not an option in online poker rooms i don't think
    • slikec
      Simple;) I have moneybookers account in euros when i think dollar will fall down a bit more i withdraw some money from sites when i have dollars. You can do same if you worry. BRM is still same only that you have most of your roll at moneybookers and deposit back later when needed.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      yeah..right..what ever :( ( MB account in $ T_T)
      The current fiscal stimulus that the FED are finalising now will lead to a $1trillion budget deficit in 2008; over twice as big as any previous year. this will lead to inflation and overseas investors like the chinese and middle east wealth funds fleeing the dollar in there masses.

The dollar is heading for meltdown, we have just seen the first phase in the last year or so, and we aint seen nothing yet.

I wouldnt be surprised to see $2 per euro within a year or two but its heading that way whether it happens sooner rather than later is anybody's guess. It could just as easily get there in 2 months rather than 2 years, that is how crazy the financial markets are right now!

The most stable currency by far is the chinese yuan because their govt control its price against other currencies, convert it there! :D
    • PocketAcesJohn
      im sticking with $ for a few reassons.

1) not many of the popular sites support the euro

2) the coversion rate used to be $2 to £1, its not down to $1.83 to £1 which means more money for me in my currency the more this falls.
    • opal99
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      my country using SKK ...
      If it's possible, change your bankroll to euro ASAP; few reasons:
      - SKK is now fixed to Euro with 30,126 SKK/EURO (so you can be sure about rate in near future)
      - we're switching to euro in 3,5 months, so from 1.1.2009 you won't have any problem with conversion rate when withdrawing

But in fact, it won't change anything, because you still play in USD even your BR is in EUR and it'll remain the same (I'm talking about sites as Titan poker, not about only EURO poker rooms).. The only advantage is, you can move higher faster, if dollar falls again :D

So, if your poker site allows you to change BR to EUR do it immediately, because you still have to convert your BR to EUR if you want to withdraw; it's no brainer for me... (expected USD/EUR rate changes shouldn't have any influence on you decision)
    • plaukas
      Just as opal99 said. Just keep the money in the currency you use everyday. As SKK is fixed to EUR, keeping your BR in EUR is just as good as in SKK. No need to take currency risks. And if you want to take currency risks and invest in currencies, go to forex or something :)
    • DaPhunk
      This has been worrying me for some time, but at the moment I'm crossing my fingers, and converting at $1.7 : £1. From my limited understanding;

In the last couple of years, the US was trying to deflate its way out of a recession with not much success for a couple of reasons;
      1) Many people sold up dollars in order to pin their organisations on yuan as well as the $
      2) China has been setting its own currency against the $.

Will the opposite be able to happen? I hope not.

I hope that the reign of the $ is not over just yet and that people keep floating their own currencies against it and that not That much money is lost/won on the forex for my sake :p

Naturally if panic selling of the $ happened, i just wouldn't have the courage to stick with it and would put almost all my money in my swiss bank account :p
    • Cagey75
      The euro, at the monet, and has been for a long while now, is much stronger than the dollar. We used to get 1000's of tourists from the States here during the summer, now they're few and far between. All because the dollar is so weak they lose out way too much travelling to europe.

$1 will only buy you 68c [euro] at the moment.