Quantity Vs Quality

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      A good solid Reg does not only needs a good technical skill and tilt resiliency, He or she also requires to be consistent and well generate volume.

My dilemma is I always set X hands to play within a Day/Week but sometimes i just feel so bored or tired that it just seems to waste away.

Thus i stay away from the tables if I think i am at 100% but this causes to clock only 1/4 of volume I desire (my aim is 100k per month).

I am doing this for a living and these few months have been bad (and i am unable to break out with a profit these few months).

I am surviving on the money I earned during I am Studying (which I dont get bored as much because It is more like a hobby than job like now).

any tips?
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am not a pro and probably will never be :f_cool: . But still i think you have a chance to LEARN how to stay motivated and focused for longer periods. There are many discussions about that around the forum. I think our psychology coaches can say a bit more about this topic. So i think the most important is to learn how to maintain Quality/Quantity ratio as high as possible. With hard work and dedication you can do miracles.

I know i haven't helped you much but still....i tried :f_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You could just drop down in stakes whenever you notice the quality drop. One stake lower is usually enough to crush, more or less stress free w/o having focus.

Lower hourly is better than no hourly watching funny cat pictures. Should help forming the habit of putting in the hours and train your autopilot imo.

Also go out and do stuff when not playing. Poker will be more fun, less stressful and you'll have more energy from being active.
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      this will help you for sure !!

read : The Mental Game of Poker part 1 , then The Mental Game of Poker 2

by Jared Tendler

this thing is just WoW.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Lower hourly is better than no hourly watching funny cat pictures.

you think funny cat pictures are bad? I read that humour is good for health and energy, so it should be plus ev. Or is it bad because they are not funny enough?
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      I'm no pro, but I think going running or w/e exercise can help - it deffo clears the mind & you can kind of reset your mood sometimes.

I switch to HU hypers if 6-max is tilting me & visa versa.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Lower hourly is better than no hourly watching funny cat pictures.

you think funny cat pictures are bad? I read that humour is good for health and energy, so it should be plus ev. Or is it bad because they are not funny enough?
      Cats are hilarious, that's why I own one. Makes me laugh and also can be good substitute for a stress ball. Highly +EV.

Cat pictures on other hand, not enough fun for time spent. Might be +EV a bit, but not max CatEV+.