Focus

• Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      Hi
      Can you tell me on what I should focus durig play ?

Let's say I play 4 tables cash games 10NL, 26NL SH.
      Now, should I just focus on the hands I play or I should analyze stats, look at the same time in database and check privious hands of the game ?

Is it even possible to watch and take conclusions from the hands I wasnt involved into ?

How you guys do it ?
      I have an impression that my mind goes in two many diffrent directions.
  • 2 replies
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi,
      i never check my database during the play. Just try to concentrate to the opponents, mark they stack sizes, aggressive play, how they act to the tables. I think 4 tables leaves you enough time do whatever you want.
      After sessions i try to analyze my opponents and write some notes, about their range. If in session players are unknown try to find how many tables are they playing, from which country they are.
      For now I'm trying to achieve my "WHY?" plan. Before I'm doing something I'm asking WHY?, and if i have an answer i keep doing it.
      It sounds simple but in the heat of the game at 4 zoom tables, also if emotions are not stable, it becomes hard to do thing.
      Cheers!
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I find it much easier to make notes and colour code them.

For example: there are some players who like to make a big bluff on the river, then I colour code it and make a note if I have time. If I know a player makes a small bluff in the same spot, I mark it with a different colour.

Also, you might have too much stats on your HUD. I bet there are stats you seldom, if ever use, and it can clutter the screen and distract you.