• 11 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by silelunu
      hello,
      my PT3 do not work anymore since yesterday on the new update of 888

anybody else have this problem?
      PT3 is not supported in this forum, this is because PokerStrategy endorses PokerTracker 4, not the older PT3. But I think I can safely answer your question without creating any conflicts

PokerTracker 3 is reaching its end of life in less than a year, we are no longer devoting development resources for PT3, almost all of our development work at this stage is on PokerTracker 4. We immediately updated PokerTracker 4 to address the problem with 888 hand histories, but I do not anticipate we will have the opportunity to do the same for PokerTracker 3 for at least 3 weeks.

So at this time, if you are an 888 player its best to follow PokerStrategy's advice to upgrade to PokerTracker 4, all PT3 users get a great discount when upgrading, so its something that makes sense to do because it is so low out of pocket.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      hello,

Everybody has the problem :)

The problem is trivial, it's just that in start of HH instead of "Cassava" now its writen "888 poker". But guys at Pokertracker are dicks enaugh that they purposely don't fix import on PT3, which should take them like few minutes. I mean i understand you gotta get paid for ur work so people need to buy new software, but if u shut PT3 down in a year, then make it work till it's alive.

Best regards
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      hello,

Everybody has the problem :)

The problem is trivial, it's just that in start of HH instead of "Cassava" now its writen "888 poker". But guys at Pokertracker are dicks enaugh that they purposely don't fix import on PT3, which should take them like few minutes. I mean i understand you gotta get paid for ur work so people need to buy new software, but if u shut PT3 down in a year, then make it work till it's alive.

Best regards
      You must know very little about software development. If we were just being "dicks", then we would not support this change at all and only fix bugs found within PokerTracker 3, not problems caused by the networks changes - which is our official policy. This policy was designed to slowly phase out an old product such as PokerTracker 3, as we move all of our staff off developing PokerTracker 3 and onto PokerTracker 4 over a 2 year period. When we created this policy it was designed to affect specific features released or changed by the poker room because it is not feasible for us to continue supporting poker room changes with the new and much improved PT4 version launched; for example 888's new Snap fast poker tables would not be supported in PT3, but they would be supported in PT4. But our policy did not expect a problem such as the changing of 888's hand history names which would break support across the board in PT3, therefore we decided to make a special exception to provide a fix for this issue to our legacy PokerTracker 3 users. Certainly not a "dick" move.... in fact that is rather generous considering we were not supposed to make this change for 888.

But then there is the problem of development resources.... all of our staff are busy on PT4 now, we have scheduled a time frame for staff members to be reassigned to PT3 in a few weeks, but its not realistic to pull the staff members off their currently assigned tasks which also are a high priority. This is a fair and reasonable trade off for PT3 users, they will get support for 888's hand history changes even though this is above and beyond the call of duty, but we cannot do this quickly - it must unfortunately take a little time to reassign the staff members and get them familiar with the legacy code in PT3 once again. And of course this is not the only fix that will be included, there are others, along with regression testing.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Some quotes from PokerTracker forum by random users:

"I was always satisfied with PT2 and PT3 and also with the support. But if there will not be a fix soon, I will most likely not upgrade to PT4 but will change to hm."

"thanks to PT support i lost 120$ for the weekend. thanks you very much.
      never again PT3 or PT4 or any other tracker from this "company" "

"here it is service!
      doubted between hm2 and pt4, but yesterday I couldn't load a mining 888 and read this topic
      I seem made a choice"

"This is so unethical that you are trying to encouage people to upgra to pt4 by not adding updates to pt3! I think buyers should be encouraged to upgrade because the new software is better more reliable etc. Pt4 is full with bugs, so i want to use pt3 in the meantime but i can't. That is not the way how you should threat your customers."

Prety much sums up satisfaction of your costumers and your attitude towards them/us.

And also this is absurd:
      If we were just being "dicks", then we would not support this change at all and only fix bugs found within PokerTracker 3, not problems caused by the networks changes - which is our official policy.

You are selling tracking software, remember? So it's obvious you have to make adjustments to poker rooms, otherwise your software is unusable and thus worth just as much as eg. windows paint accesory as it's allso w/o bugs but dont track your hands form poker rooms. LOL X(
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by tomzyb

You are selling tracking software, remember? So it's obvious you have to make adjustments to poker rooms, otherwise your software is unusable and thus worth just as much as eg. windows paint accesory as it's allso w/o bugs but dont track your hands form poker rooms. LOL X(
      We have not sold PokerTracker 3 in a long time, yet we continue to provide support. I cannot think of any respectable software company that provides updates for an application two years after they release a new version, yet that is exactly what we have done. We will continue to release fixes for PT3 periodically of there are bugs in our software that needs to be fixed, but we cannot add new support for feature changes made by poker rooms, this is how every software company works, it is not a policy exclusive to us, it would be unreasonable to expect anything but. We could have followed the policy of our competitors which cut support for HM1 six months after Hm2 was released, but instead we chose to follow the exact same path we took when we released PokerTracker 3 yet continued to provide periodic updates to address any bugs found in PokerTracker 2. To help players make the switch to PT4 where we focus all of our development resources we have offer fre upgrades to any user who purchased PT3 after June 10 2011, and very steep discounts for all other PT3 users.... we are encouraging users to make this switch so they do not get left behind, it is in their own best interest to stick with our development, rather than get left in the past.

PS: Thats a rather small list of complaints... in comparison we have thousands of happy quotes available in rotation from players who switched to PokerTracker 4 on our home page. We know we cannot please everybody, that would be impossible, but it is fair to say that we have an over 95% satisfaction rate with the introduction of PokerTracker 4, there are very few unhappy users - in fact we have a policy which encourages refunds if we find an unhappy user within the first 14 days after purchase - but it is very rarely used.
    • silelunu
      silelunu
      Bronze
      i made the upgrade to PT4 but i'm not happy with it. It slows my computer too much.

So i got back to PT3. But they don;t make updates.

And now i can't use any of the versions.

How about this for customer satisfaction?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      i made the upgrade to PT4 but i'm not happy with it. It slows my computer too much.

So i got back to PT3. But they don;t make updates.

And now i can't use any of the versions.

How about this for customer satisfaction?
      We would be happy to give you a refund if you purchased PokerTracker 4 within the last 14 days, that is generally enough time to determine if there are any issues, especially when combined with the free 30 day trial.

For what it's worth, PT4 is actually lighter weight than PT3, so we very rarely hear legitimate complaints of slowdowns. In nearly all cases like yours it is usually caused by having a computer that does not meet our minimum system requirements (which are actually almost the same for PT3), or due to user error. We would be happy to help you by reviewing your pokertracker 4 log files to determine the cause of the slowdown, and you can review the minimum system requirements here: https://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4#Minimum_Requirements
      As for PT3 - its an application that is more than 5 years old, yet we still release occasional fixes; I think that lends some insight into the situation, most developers abandon the older app long before we have.
    • silelunu
      silelunu
      Bronze
      I don't care much for your nice and twisted answers.

I just see the fact that you don't want to deliver after you took my money.
      Because is such a simple thing you have to modifie in the code...
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I don't care much for your nice and twisted answers.

I just see the fact that you don't want to deliver after you took my money.
      Because is such a simple thing you have to modifie in the code...
      I'm sorry, but what more do you expect from us? We offered to refund your purchase, you should know within 14 days if PT4 works for you or not and if it does not then we give you your money back - no questions asked. We also offered to help you find the source of the problem and fix it if it was found to be on our end, or guide you to fix the problem if it is on your end... this is literally all we can do, we cannot help you unless you want to be helped - the ball is in your court, we are happy to be of service when you are ready to come to us with your pokertracker4.log file Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket. .
    • silelunu
      silelunu
      Bronze
      :P

See? Just as i said.
      Simple, short questions that have long and twisted answers. And pretending to be nice and well intended.

I talk about PT3, you answer about PT4. As if it's not the same guys that sold me PT3 and now don;t give a sht about me as a customer.

And if i don't like PT3, i can go to PT4. But hey, PT4 don't work at all.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      :P

See? Just as i said.
      Simple, short questions that have long and twisted answers. And pretending to be nice and well intended.
      Thats because we did answer your question with good intentions, and we were nice about it.

I talk about PT3, you answer about PT4. As if it's not the same guys that sold me PT3 and now don;t give a sht about me as a customer.
      Allow me to quote you below. You were clearly talking about PT4, and how you reverted back to PT3 because you had poor performance after purchasing PT4. We responded to let you know that you are not stuck with an unworking PT4, we would be happy to refund you if you contacted us within the 14 day window, this is the best we can do to make you happy if you did not like your PT4 purchase. We also offered to help you fix PT4, we will not abandon you, but thats as much as we can do because there are no other options available, we cannot perform magic unfortunately, nor can we twist our message jus to make you happy - we cannot lie, we must tell the truth about your situation and that is PT3's end of life is less than a year away, at that time you will be able to continue using PT3 but we will no longer provide customer support, and we are no longer developing for PT3 therefore any fixes needed will be infrequent because we must take our development resources off other pressing issues. I'm afraid this is how the software industry works, this is not unique to PokerTracker.

So i got back to PT3.
      So allow us to ask you once again, would you like our help in getting PT4 working for you on your computer, or would you like for us to help you get a refund if you qualify? These are two things we can certainly help you with right now,and we can even answer tech support questions about PT3 until July 2014 - but we cannot reallocate resources on demand to PT3 because it is a product whose development cycle has ended. It will get an minor update to address fixes, but not until we have the free time.