This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2hands NL10 FR BB then BU

• davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Hand #1

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.70
      Hero:
      $2.00
      UTG+2:
      $10.30
      MP1:
      $5.30

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:club: , 6:heart:
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 6:spade: , 6:club: , 3:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG+2 calls $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.60) 9:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1.60

Hand #2

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $1.30
      Hero:
      $3.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , K:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
      3 folds, MP3 checks, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, CO calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) 8:diamond: , Q:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.70 (All-In), Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.85) 7:club:
      River: ($2.85) J:club:

Final Pot: $2.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Kh)
      CO shows a pair of eights (8s Kd)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kc Kh)

Now my stack is 45.5xBB and I will leave when the BB gets to me.
      Question #1 same game
      The next hand I am on the CO with 2 limpers and A9o. With SSS mission over, I fold. Did I make the correct move? The flop came K 9 9, but I think that is rare, and pot odds pre-flop are 4:1 assuming the SB calls. Only 4th hand at table I had no reads for implieds

Question #2 same game
      In MP I am dealt AQo with UTG limp. I fold. Correct move?

Question #3 same game
      I am UTG and looking at 88. Do I limp here? I am risking 1BB and I think I have fairly good implied odds for a set, and after watching only one round of hands it seems there are a few fish in the tank...

Thanks for any advice.
  • 2 replies
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      Hand #1 is played correctly
      With hand #2 you shouldn't be on the table with $3.00, you leave with $2.50 or re-buy with under $1.50. Assuming you were just waiting for blinds, you played the hand right.

Question #1: A9o is an easy fold no matter what position you are- or what your stack is.

Question #2: In middle position AQ is a raise no matter how many limpers. If anyone has raised before you- you fold. If you were early position you would fold no matter what.

Question #3: You don't call 88 unless there are 3 limpers behind you. You raise with 88 if noone has raised before you and you are in late position.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      first of all, both hands above are well played

your questions:

1. A9o is an EASY fold
      2. i would raise it but with a more than doubled stack its not a shame to fold if you feel insecure
      3: limping sucks! raise or fold, in this spot fold :)