How can I use poker software (HM2) on a MAC?

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Hello everyone :)

I play zoom on pokerstars and I would like some help to a problem I have.

I changed my laptop to a Mac a few weeks ago. The pokerstars application works perfectly however other poker software, most importantly HM2 are not supported for Mac's.

I read somewhere that you can also install windows on a mac and it works fine. Is this true?

I have considered buying PT4 that is supported on a Mac but the HUD is not working for zoom tables so its of no use to me.

Thanks in advance!
  • 9 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey maritsula, hi there,

I've moved this to the Poker Tools forum for you, hopefully some of our clever community can help out.

Regards,

Mal.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Maritsula!

I have a macbook myself. I indeed installed windows XP on my mac as well (using parallels). This way I can play on any poker room and use HEM2. I think it works fine but you kinda want enough RAM memory because you're basically running 2 pc's and it needs some RAM.

I can give you a demo if you want to. Add me in comm tool if you want a demo.

Regards

RasTweet
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Maritsula!

I have a macbook myself. I indeed installed windows XP on my mac as well (using parallels). This way I can play on any poker room and use HEM2. I think it works fine but you kinda want enough RAM memory because you're basically running 2 pc's and it needs some RAM.

I can give you a demo if you want to. Add me in comm tool if you want a demo.

Regards

RasTweet
      Thank you for your help RasTweet :)

My System Specs.:

MacBook Air, 13-inch, Mid 2013

Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
      Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB

RAM is only 4GB. Do you think it will suffice?

What are your system specs and how is your Mac coping with having 2 Operating systems?

Added you in the comm tool :)

Thanks again!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Alright let me first say this: I'm not a wiz when it comes to computers I just try to help :D

I have early 2011 macbook pro 15"

2GHz Intel Core i7

8GB of RAM

Graphics AMD radeon HD 6490M 256MB

Alright now how parallels works is you can choose the amount of RAM that it can use. Using everything won't be very good since your IOS won't have enough RAM to run and your whole laptop will lag. My parallels is allowed to use around 3GB of RAM. If I let it use less my windows XP starts lagging.

So you already see where I'm going right? :D But the problem is that the macbook air works a bit different then a pro... I can't say if it will work or not I guess you gonna have to try.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      I do the same thing. I have a 2013 13" i5 macbook pro.

I threw in an 8gig chip for a total of 10gig ram - which was really needed to run Windows 7 & HEM etc etc without any lag---- actually the sound lags slightly on zoom no big deal though the game/graphics work fine.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I have considered buying PT4 that is supported on a Mac but the HUD is not working for zoom tables so its of no use to me.
      We are waiting for PokerStars to provide a special player positioning file that we requested, if they provide this then we will be able to support Zoom on Macs, the same way we have supported OnGame's Strobe and 888's new Snap Poker. We do not know when/if PokerStars will provide this - its in their hands. On the bright side, we expect another major poker site to add this positioning file for Mac compatibility within a month or two.. this will be a very big announcement when it occurs.

In the meantime, you can use PokerTracker 4 both on the Mac and Windows with the same license, we have many users (including myself) who play Zoom in Parallels on Windows while playing all other games natively on the Mac.

No matter what your choice, we wish you all the best!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      I've moved this to it's rightful home now :)
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      We are waiting for PokerStars to provide a special player positioning file that we requested, if they provide this then we will be able to support Zoom on Macs, the same way we have supported OnGame's Strobe and 888's new Snap Poker. We do not know when/if PokerStars will provide this - its in their hands. On the bright side, we expect another major poker site to add this positioning file for Mac compatibility within a month or two.. this will be a very big announcement when it occurs.

In the meantime, you can use PokerTracker 4 both on the Mac and Windows with the same license, we have many users (including myself) who play Zoom in Parallels on Windows while playing all other games natively on the Mac.

No matter what your choice, we wish you all the best!
      I couldn't get the demo of PT4 to work on mac, so I gave up - might have bought on a whim.....its $79 right? that seemed pretty cheap.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=2+os+on+mac&l=1

:coolface: