Greetings

• drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Hi,

My name is Pedro and I am starting to study Poker to the bone and try to reap the tables. xD

I was introduced to poker by some classmates back at High School in Programming classes. We had loads of spare time and used to play some games and one day a guy got this software that allowed to play poker on the school network.

Since then, I didn't really play that much. Just a couple of months ago I heard about PokerStrategy on yours Sister website tradimo.com. As I read lots of guys there that played poker online and started basically from scratch, I decided to give it a 2nd try.

At the moment I am down £7 after being up £5 on my 1st session. So before i lose the rest of it, I will study everything I can in order to tackle the fishes at the tables. Seems to be general opinion that the micro-stakes are the hardest because of the fishes and donkeys.

I believe it is everything, when I feel more confident on my skills I will think in a proper challenge for me and keep it posted.

All the best,
      Pedro
  • 9 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pedro,

Welcome to the PokerStrategy forums. :)

Glad to see you are serious about improving your game. You may want to check out the NL Beginners Course.

You could also have a look at the free money offers.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is at the micro's but hopefully you'll find the tools here to make you a consistent winning player.

Good luck

Laz
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      enjoy your journey
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      i believe that my biggest problem is not knowing which hands to fold and the one which ar worth seeing the flop.

I know that the hand range should be shorter at micros as the game is harder, but how low the range of hands should be?
      Bet sizes?

is so frustating applying methods like 3-bet in order for them to fold but they call every single hand.

all the best,
      Drakgun
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pedro.

I agree the micros are a minefield. One wrong step and the fish will blow you up.

I've included a link to one of our basic strategy articles that will help you understand how some hands are only playable depending on where you are sitting at the table. This also includes a starting hand chart to use as a guide.

You can find it here: How to Play Before the Flop

Don't forget that by taking up one of the free poker money offers will get you lifetime bronze status and access to more content.

Good Luck

Laz
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      hey Lazza,

Thanks a lot, very appreciated.

Talking about the free offers, I already signed for the $20 free on stars and updated the status on pokerstrategy with my nickname, but as I just signed last Friday I hope that through the week that will be sorted.

All the best,
      Drakgun
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Pedro,

You're more than welcome. :)

It generally takes around 48 hours for the status to upgrade, so it shouldn't be far away.

If you have any more questions, then feel free to ask.

Cheers

Laz
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey drakgun,

Big welcome to the forum!

I think Lazza has mentioned basically everything already! Should you have any questions, just let us know :)

Looking forward to seeing you around :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Platinum
      Hi and good luck at the tables!