BB defend - Postflop strategy

• albatro55
      albatro55
      Bronze
      Helllo,
      As we know if we fold in BB vs raise 100% of the times our winrate from BB is -100bb/100 hands. To decrease this losing rate we should start playing the combos which will not lose more than -100bb/100 hands. In this regards we can play so many hands from BB to defend vs lets say 1 stealer. But i am worried about the best way to play the postflop game in here, after i call preflop and see the flop and play like hit or fold, i will have a very high check-fold% which will be exploited by my good opponents.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions how i can balance this cold-calling range and play postflop with the best strategy? :)
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      get better. late pos wars are just too dynamic
      you can (and should) often peel or bluff with high cards, backdoor draws... choose decent playability hands to defend, ie 85s > Q2o imo.

Originally posted by albatro55
      Helllo,
      As we know if we fold in BB vs raise 100% of the times our winrate from BB is -100bb/100 hands. To decrease this losing rate we should start playing the combos which will not lose more than -100bb/100 hands.
      yeah this is an important point. you don't need to win with these hands, just lose less
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hit pairs, checkraise backdoor stuff, OOP float w 1 overcard. There are many options available to you and as long as you are balanced and protect your ranges, or are willing to pull off huge hero calls vs players getting out of line with wide ranges, you should be fine.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      check min raise dry flop for info then lead on turn or min raise flop IP vs sb and when villain check turn you bet. Villain will have no clue and fold air. You have to tell a good story though

I can show you examples :s_biggrin:
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Defend with k9+ q9+ j9+ a9+ 87osc+ and 56sc+ 57sc+ 3bet bluff suited two gappers low ax offsuit hands. Etc. Ofcourse adjust by table dynamics.
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Silver
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      Defend with k9+ q9+ j9+ a9+ 87osc+ and 56sc+ 57sc+ 3bet bluff suited two gappers low ax offsuit hands. Etc. Ofcourse adjust by table dynamics.
      That seems like a really wide range, wont they just raise your bets if you start messing around with all those hands?
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Range is vs minraise from bu. Should be fine because it is still not as wide as bu stealing range.
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      +1