A schedule

• 14 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Evante

I personally like to have a schedule. For some reasons it's really important and for other reasons it's personal preference. I live in NZ so around midday the tables i play at ipoker dry up so if i want to get a decent amount of hands in that day i have to get up earlier or stay up later so for that reason a schedule is very important to me.

Aside from that structure to the day is good imo. One piece of advice i got from I think it was a schnitzelfish video is that at the start of the day do the things you are least likely to want to do because you have the most energy then (or something along those lines). Also having a schedule makes it easier to track progress
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      hey legand,

I cant find any "schnitzelfish" videos.

able to link me up?

How does your schedule looks like?

Do you limit how long your session should be?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      ahh sorry i misspelled his name it's schnitzelfisch here are some vids of his.

I hope that link works, if not putting 'schnitzelfisch' in the search in 'videos' will do the trick :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Well my schedule is something

7am- wakeup and have breakfast
      7.30am warm up session (whatever i'm working on that week)
      8.30am start first session
      9.30am break
      9.40am second session
      10.40am 10min break
      10.50am 3rd session
      11.50am break
      12pm 4th session

at that point my day gets a bit looser and i spend a bit of time reading and working on hand reviews. I like having hour long sessions, it seems to work for me.

What kind of schedule are you thinking about having?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi!

Weird place to post a thread on scheduling :D . Nevertheless, I hope you liked my video on scheduling :) . If you need any tips or want to get feedback on your schedule, feel free to post it here!

-Primoz
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Weird place to post a thread on scheduling

good point. just moved it
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Nooooooo

I got the error of file could not be played
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey, that's strange - try opening it in another internet browser, you might not have the latest software installed on your PC (or try choosing the flash button instead of HTML5 in the bottom right corner of the video).
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      hey Schnitzelfisch!

before you go, what do you think about listening to music while playing!!!!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Don't over-think it or spend too much time on it - it's not a big win and likely it won't make a HUGE difference for you in the long run. Rather take a look at my productivity guide and apply that, or take a look at my blog and take part in the 7-day boot camp.

Now, if you are already on a high productivity level, then you can optimize your music listening.

How do you do that? Simple, test it.

Track your focus during sessions (write down every 15min how focused you are). If you need a reminder, get a mindfulness bell and keep it playing.

Now, test playing with music, without music, with different types of music, etc. and see what works best for you.

You also might find out that listening to different music has different effects on you (for example listening to calming music when you feel like you're getting angry, and listening to hyped music when you feel bored/tired might help you stay focused).

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them - I'm subscribed to this thread, I'll make sure to get to them :) .

-Primoz
    • jon011
      jon011
      Bronze
      I am looking to start scheduling my days too. At the moment I feel like I'm wasting too much time and procrastinating the important things while just doing something random on internet. This has led to a very lazy and slow lifestyle.

For the next month I will try to keep doing everything by schedule and find when I'm most active. Hopefully I can increase my productivity by that.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Not sure if that's a good idea - see how it works for you. If it doesn't, check out the other parts of my Visual Planning video series (start with habits tracking).
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Originally posted by legand73

What kind of schedule are you thinking about having?

I am having

0800: Wake up (I try to)/Quick bite
      0810: POKA
      1000: Rest/play game
      1030: POKA

1230: Free time due Low traffic, would review hands around these time)

1700: Daily Jog/Run + frequent work out(have to look good for the ladies)
      1800:Eat
      1900: Play game
      2000: POKA
      2130: Play game
      2230: POKA
      0030: Sleep(hopefully)

Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them - I'm subscribed to this thread, I'll make sure to get to them smile .
      Sir what do you think about not looking at your winnings/loss for 2weeks but still review them daily( marked hands of course)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Evante
      Sir what do you think about not looking at your winnings/loss for 2weeks but still review them daily( marked hands of course)
      Hi,

I have to admit I'm not an expert in result orientation, but I'll ask Erik to come here and answer your question :) .

-Primoz