Bankroll Building Advice!!

• smellybawws
      smellybawws
      Bronze
      Hi, I was looking to get some advice on how to build a decent bankroll on a small budget (really small) i was staked by a member on a rival forum and was successful but i had to return 80% of profit plus stake back thus why im on a small budget im good at MTT and reasonable at HU and I'm currently rated ace 5stars on pokerprolabs.com so i have potential to grow but im not sure how much i will need and be able to afford as most MTT's are over $2 and i cant afford 50 bb's at this cost. so what im really asking is whats the best kind of games i play on 888 poker my username is smellybawws thanks :)

This is my stats :P http://pokerprolabs.com/smellybawws/888.com/2013/any
  • 4 replies
    • Leighbres
      Leighbres
      Basic
      I play on 888 as well (User name Leighbres) Made my first deposit of $10 a few weeks ago managed to get up to around $70 then got greedy at the 50c/$1 tables and lost it but I managed to go up to the Copper level of rewards so now im just playing free roll tourneys. I made my money on the 5c/10c tables just working to the goal of leving the table with more than I came with, Even if it was only a few c's. Max buy in for them tables is $10 so if I left with $11 I was happy. I found that I would normally end up dropping down to $5-$6 then get a really decent hand just value betting then push on the river (Depending on the cards). Most players on there would just flat fold.
    • smellybawws
      smellybawws
      Bronze
      HI thanks for the reply I'm the same to greedy for my bankroll i play better in medium stake large tourneys as I'm rubbish at cash games and sit and go's I forgot about freerolls as I'm chrome and about 4 points off copper I may try grinding through these freerolls as tourneys of that size is what I play best at. I also feel 888 isn't a good site I'm sick of players going all in with any two cards and me calling with a range between pocket 10's and k's and them getting two pairs about 30-40% of the time by river but this I suppose is poker its about luck aswell as skill and i just have to keep going as my luck is bound to turn :) good luck with your cash games leaving with even a couple of dollars in profit is just as good as leaving with $20 any profits better than no profit ;)
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      you had to return 80%?! that..does not sound like a good deal.
    • smellybawws
      smellybawws
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      you had to return 80%?! that..does not sound like a good deal.
      yeah I know I guess I'm a fool to myself I had made a decent profit and small loss which I have seen most stakers only taking 50-60% but we live and learn I sure as hell wont be doing that again I Satellite my way into the $20,000 friday challenge and finished 74th out of over 800 people so when I added up the time I spent grinding through that which was 3-4 hours I was a complete fool but I wont be making that same mistake again :)