Cheating at online poker

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      So was looking through youtube for poker videos and found out there are actually quiet a number of videos showing people who supposedly use programs which look at hole cards of opponents or let you edit your own cards etc.. Obviously those videos try to sell you the program they use in them.

So just want to know.. any truth to this stuff? I don't think its really possible, but after watching those vids am not to sure anymore.
  • 17 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      It's a scam to sell you some fake cheats for online poker....
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      yeah thought so too... but I wonder how many people fall for it on the average.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      is america still banned with online gambling ? if so, not so many ;p
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      LOL i can't stop laughing
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Think a bit before you ask :D

Than you can simply try to answer those questions:
      -If they would have suck program why would they sell it for lets say 50$ if would using it make like 1k$ hour easily :D
      -and so on ;)
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      Has anyone heard of cheating in regards to collusion? Sometimes you see those maniacs at a table and if they/friends were several other players at the table they could act together to suck in the few others at the table?

Have you ever suspected this at a table?
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      collusion is possible and probably quite easy, but I dont know if the benefit is really that great - a lot of work and risk for probably only a small advantage
      I was observing a PLO table recently where Lee Nelson was playing and two of the players were accused of collusion, moderators were called in and everything. Not sure what came of it though
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Purchasing these programs is a pretty sure-fire way of

#1 paying for nothing
      #2 getting Trojans on your computer
      #3 probably continuing to lose at poker

:)

Its not possible to cheat at online poker except through collusion (which is a good way to get your account closed) or by having a super-user account (e.g. as was the case in the Absolute Poker scandal).
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      HAHAHAHAHA - fantastic
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      imposible... i saw security of poker platform and there is no way how to cheat .... coz simple best player at the world making mistakes... for imagine if Phil Ivey was the best player at the world he will make 30% of mistakes and there are maybe 10000 another players with same stats as phil ivey so if ONE player became way ahead for example he makes only 10% mistake they will se on graph as one small tick ...that tick is probably cheater and they will look up for his game and if they saw that he makes unhuman calls they are 100% sure of cheating .... there is video of this on youtube
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phpps
      Has anyone heard of cheating in regards to collusion? Sometimes you see those maniacs at a table and if they/friends were several other players at the table they could act together to suck in the few others at the table?

I've been reported few times for collusion... I have no idea why... but players like to report me lol :)

Not banned yet tho... I guess because I aint cheating...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      its possible if there is a major glitch on the software, which i doubt there is ...
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      yes it is possible ... like using wallhack at counter-strike ... but in poker is very easy to find out

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuY6r-R0SY in 0:25 u can easily see how easy is to find cheater in poker
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      A couple of lads were found to be colluding during a big MTT on Boylepoker, one of them won out the tourn winning $2500, but he was stupid enough to leave the winnings in his account overnight, someone reported his colluding at the bubble stages and Boylesports went through the hand history. Satisfied he was indeed colluding, they froze his account and banned him. They moved all other prize winners up one place, so the bubble upwards got paid.

He never got his hands on the prize money. The idiot :D

His colluding was too obvious to begin with, one hand went something like - He had AA, his mate had 10 3o/s, He raised about 5000 putting everyone else off, his mate re-raised 10,000, he'd call, his mate would raise again slightly and he'd fold. His mate ended up not even cashing so it was not only a waste of time but the money he lost over it too.
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      i dont know about other rooms but stars act immediately on reports of cheating . take the poker bots if stars think that you are playing strangely they send a message to the chat box which you have to answer in a certain time if you dont reply your account can be suspended.
      ps. if the poker bots are that good why would they sell them instead of just making an absolute fortune themselves.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

I've been reported few times for collusion... I have no idea why... but players like to report me lol :)

I reported two players of something similar to collusion today (not you though haha)

Was pretty obvious:

Guy limps, I go all in with A7... blinds fold. Limper starts chatting:
      I got AJ, should I call.... guy responds.. call call call... ends my tourney at place 19 :(

Support agreed that this wasn't allowed. Can't discuss hands vs all in players while the hand is still beeing played.
    • Traxion2k
      Traxion2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

I reported two players of something similar to collusion today (not you though haha)

Was pretty obvious:

Guy limps, I go all in with A7... blinds fold. Limper starts chatting:
      I got AJ, should I call.... guy responds.. call call call... ends my tourney at place 19 :(

Support agreed that this wasn't allowed. Can't discuss hands vs all in players while the hand is still beeing played.

at what site do you play ? since most of the sites freeze the chat when a player is all-in