Any plans for a super micro series like 5/10?

• Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      I know this might make a lot of people cringe. I have seen a couple of vids that have briefly touched on this but nothing to really get your teeth into. I play on ipoker and am led to believe that this is probably harder then playing on Poker Stars but there still seems to be the odd fish about at 5/10 and not so much at 2/4 funnily enough and little action at higher levels (not that I should be there yet), and what I found as I briefly did the unthinkable and pondered No limit was that Nathan Williams' Series crushing the micros was so specific to this level that topics came up over and over again that just aren't in the higher limit vids, even 25/50-50-100 FL that provide such an effective grounding. Such as concentrating on punishing the fish, finding the fish, seat selection, loosening up against them and of course the real fundamentals of FL poker at these lowly limits.

I apologise if I am doing anyone a great injustice as it may be covered somewhere and I can't find it. I just think that doing some vids in the 'micro frame of mind' would be really helpful.

Yes I have seen, or not seen as the case would be because of needing Gold status the micro surgery vids but they are still above what I would call super micro.

If you think what I am looking for is in them then I am happy to pay for the upgrade but watching the others I find it hard to imagine the coaches really trying to embrace this level with a straight face :D
  • 3 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      For videos, no I do not really have any intention of playing below 0.25/0.50 for a video series. Anything I went through in the Micro Surgery Series will be enough to take on the players at 5c/Tc and lower.

Additionally for basic level material we do have plenty of strategy articles which, while old, will teach you a strategy which can win at the super micros for sure and include some of the things you mentioned like table selection and adapting to certain players

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply Boomer. Yeah I didn't think it would be on the agenda but thought I might as well ask. I've just spent an hour watching Avataren play on Poker Stars and the action is ridiculous compared with ipoker and can easily see now why you might not want to bother with the lower limits. I've pretty much read all the articles and they have honestly been great, but I find videos a much needed extra source to consolidate the theory.

I will bear in mind what you have said and give the rest of your videos a good going over :)

Cheers
      Bronze
      boomer you know as well as i do that those articles are worthless.

boomers videos are good though definitely something to watch