[Moved] Nabukadnezar's Blog

• Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      Edited: Ignore the next posts and scroll down until u find: BLOG STARTS HERE - ENTRY 1

Hi. I registered on this website on 19 and on September 20 I've received my 35 EURO starting "bankroll" on Titan. Since then I've played lots of heads up SNGs but I can't seem to turn a decent profit. After 4 days my bankroll has only got up to 114 EURO. I have Poker Tracker 3 and I can get other software if needed. Can someone tell me how could I possibly analyze my game to understand what I'm doing wrong in my hold'em heads up play? My opponents usually play so bad that I should win constantly. So please, any help at all, I NEED IT! Tell me what to watch, how to use Poker Tracker to analyze my HU game or some other software, gimme some book to read, anything. I want this Titan account to be for heads up play only because the tables are so big on Titan that I can't fit 4 on the screen like on Full Tilt, therefore I can't play 6 or 9-Handed SNGs or Cash games or w/e else. I can only play 2 heads up tables in the same time and I want to have at least 5000 EURO bankroll in a few months maximum to be able to play HU at the higher stakes.
  • 19 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      if u tripled your BR in 4 days u must be either playing very good or not following BRM.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      You on cocaine or something???

4 days from 35 up to 114.... And to triple up your bankroll in 4 days.... aint that enough for you???

and I want to have at least 5000 EURO bankroll in a few months maximum

CHILL.... sit down relax... 5k€ are 7.4k$... And you know how much time grinding 50$ up to 7.4k$... is gonna take?

And stick to brm... if not you'll end broke quicker then you can dream of getting those 5k€

Also stop thinking about making €€€€ so quick and what not... just stick to brm and grind it up and in the progress learn anything you can...

If you want to play the higher limits then why don't you just deposit 5k€... If it's all so easy
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      Guys I'm being serious I need advice on how to boost my heads up play. I don't plan on grinding up my bankroll slowly, I'm planing on trashing my opponents on heads up constantly. How can I improve my heads up play?

1. What to watch?
      2. What to read?
      3. How to use PT3 to analyze my game?
      4. Any other advice?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      wow

I have nothing more to say...
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      wow

I have nothing more to say...
      I think I have the same feeling you do :rolleyes:
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      I'm at 133 EURO now. Anyway, I'm still waiting for tips on how to improve my HU play X(
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Nabukadnezar,

I already told you in this thread: What's the fastest way to win money by playing poker if you're very good all around? Bankroll 1000$
      Playing poker with the goal to earn serious money is a long progress. Some might be fast and just need some month but there i nobody who can do it in days or weeks.
      If you are really that good, you might have a bigger part of your bankroll on another site and should not waste your time with playing low limits.
      I think that's not the case though. I think you overestimate your skill and underestimate the variance. Step back, play with bankroll management. Because if you do not I can assure you'll be broke very soon. Just one small down and you are bankrupt without BRM.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      I've been playing since February on Full Tilt with long pauses, sometimes more than a month. I have a big bankroll there and I've withdrawn numerous times, never got broke, BUT I want to take advantage of the rakeback I get on Titan, so I'm mostly only playing tournaments on Full Tilt now. I'm aware of bankroll management, I never play risky limits :)

I'm still waiting for tips on how to improve my HU play. :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Well, I suggest to read the NL articles.
      Read this: Hu Basics
      Post hands and discuss them. Post general strategy ideas and discuss them.
      When you reached gold status watch this: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/1930

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      damn... :( gold status
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      1. Will I get rakeback today since it's sunday? It's august so the sumer time bonus should still be on.

2. How can one get that PSVIP status so he would get rakeback on Titan all the time?
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      1. I did get rakeback, and the correct amount too.
      2. Still need answer to this one.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi Nabukadnezar,

there is no such thing as a PSVIP status. PSVIP is the bonuscode you have to use while registering on titan to get our first deposit bonus.
      The summer time promo is a promotion for every player that is tracked over pokerstrategy on titan poker. But the promo is just temporary on not permanent. The promotion will end at the end of September. So in October there will be no summer time bonus.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      OK thx, btw I had a horrible down swing, lost every all in when I had the best hand, many times in a row, I'm not at 232 Euro and cursing.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You should start to write a blog. This might be a pretty interesting one.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      It would be awesome if you could just move this thread to blogs and call it "[Moved] Nabukadnezar's Blog", exactly like this.
      I'd like to write random stuff about my poker career in my own thread. Things like current status or w/e. If you indeed move it I'll start talking to myself here.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      [x] done

Keep us updated. ;)
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      BLOG STARTS HERE - ENTRY 1

I'm not playing much currently because I had a huge downswing at Full Tilt, mostly because of bad luck. I experimented with two session of 9 tables at a time and it was really easy, I was actually browsing in Firefox too. My monitor sucks though and I had to make the tables really really small. In both sessions I had profit. As usual the profit I make goes out the window because I have to withdraw all the time and I always have a small bankroll, therefore not being able to play at some really profitable tables which are more appropriate to my level. I have over 50% ROI and I'm sure I can dominate almost any table. Check this thread for an old cool screen shot I posted:
      Tournament Question The biggest stakes I played for were a few 75$ buy-in tournaments, heads up at 0.5/1$, and 30$-50$ Limit or No Limit Hold'em HU SNGs. I totally outplayed my opponents every time but I lost some races when they mattered most and took a couple of 2 or 3 outer bad beats. I won't give up though since luck is only a factor in the short run. I actually recorded the screen at a tournament with a prize pool of over 25k, buy-in 75$; I was among the chip leaders after playing some amazing poker, but my internet connection went down for an hour and a half and it was all in vane. I still made it into the money though. Later I recorded a SNG of 75$ and I wanted to post the recording in the Platinum or Diamond section as an instructional video, but I changed my mind after giving it some thought. I don't think the kind of plays that I made would be too easy to understand and might even draw critics from the beginners. Some might think that they don't have a positive EV and it's true for most of the poker players out there, but I make them simply because I find it so easy to outplay my opponents after the flop. Anyway here are some basic stuff about me:

The account I have with PokerStrategy is on Titan. Username: icallwith5high. Bankroll: 10 times the initial amount. My main account is on Full Tilt though. I started playing Poker in February, I played in many rooms (UB, PartyPoker, William Hill, PokerStars, Full Tilt, CD Poker, Titan) and there are a few months when I didn't play at all and took a break from poker. I do this for a living. It's possible because here in Romania money have more value. I've tried all the types of poker, from H.O.R.S.E. to 5-Draw and 2-7 Tirple Draw, but I prefer Hold'em because it's less gambling involved. My goal is to start making profit faster than I have to withdraw. Hopefully I'll be successful. This blog will stay as a Testament to my raise or failure.
    • Nabukadnezar
      Nabukadnezar
      Bronze
      ENTRY 2

I was sick the last few days and I only played in crapshoot donkaments for fun, losing money each day, more than ever on October 7th.

Interesting hand I posted:
      Call or Fold? Please, I want as many answers as possible