This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 77 in BB

• davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $5.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: , 7:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $3.80, 2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Flop: ($4.50) 4:diamond: , 4:club: , 8:heart:
      Turn: ($4.50) K:diamond:
      River: ($4.50) K:club:

Final Pot: $4.50

Did I play correct? or fold to the minraise and limps?
      I confess, I did not win this one....however, I stayed at the table and played on.... check out my next BB...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $10.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , K:heart:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), CO folds, BU raises to $3.70, SB folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Flop: ($4.40) 7:club: , 7:diamond: , 7:heart:
      Turn: ($4.40) T:diamond:
      River: ($4.40) A:spade:

Final Pot: $4.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of kings (Ks Kh)
      BU shows a full-house, sevens full of queens (Qs Qh)

Hero wins with a full-house, sevens full of kings (Ks Kh)

point is...I used to leave the table when I got busted out... now if I have seen some fishy plays or loose players I rebuy instead.
  • 3 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      1) Imo bad play, I don't you are ahead that often vs min-raise and two callers
      2) nh wp
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      1) nh, you ignore the minraise and reraise. dont be afraid of coldcallers, they never have a big hand
      2) easy, nh

why do you leave the table after losing a stack? there is no sense in it.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      why do you leave the table after losing a stack? there is no sense in it.

Thats how I played when I first started, but then I realized...why leave when there are still fish at the table? In addition I have started picking tables with higher PpF, say 29% or higher, and I have noticed I am getting more callers. So now when I find a good table I stay till 25BB+ unless the table is tight and I am waasting my time.

I always treat minraise as limp, most times they have garbage, even in this case he had a measly 99, not enough to call a 1.80 re-raise IMO. Perhaps at a higher limit and playing with stats I will reconsider this strategy in the moment... but for now I have noticed that limpers and minraisers at NL10 are simply fish, well worth the risk of running into that rare trapper.