Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $5.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: , 7:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $3.80, 2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Flop: ($4.50) 4:diamond: , 4:club: , 8:heart:
      Turn: ($4.50) K:diamond:
      River: ($4.50) K:club:

Final Pot: $4.50

Did I play correct? or fold to the minraise and limps?
      I confess, I did not win this one....however, I stayed at the table and played on.... check out my next BB...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $10.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , K:heart:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), CO folds, BU raises to $3.70, SB folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Flop: ($4.40) 7:club: , 7:diamond: , 7:heart:
      Turn: ($4.40) T:diamond:
      River: ($4.40) A:spade:

Final Pot: $4.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of kings (Ks Kh)
      BU shows a full-house, sevens full of queens (Qs Qh)

Hero wins with a full-house, sevens full of kings (Ks Kh)

point is...I used to leave the table when I got busted out... now if I have seen some fishy plays or loose players I rebuy instead.
  • 3 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      1) Imo bad play, I don't you are ahead that often vs min-raise and two callers
      2) nh wp
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      1) nh, you ignore the minraise and reraise. dont be afraid of coldcallers, they never have a big hand
      2) easy, nh

why do you leave the table after losing a stack? there is no sense in it.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      why do you leave the table after losing a stack? there is no sense in it.

Thats how I played when I first started, but then I realized...why leave when there are still fish at the table? In addition I have started picking tables with higher PpF, say 29% or higher, and I have noticed I am getting more callers. So now when I find a good table I stay till 25BB+ unless the table is tight and I am waasting my time.

I always treat minraise as limp, most times they have garbage, even in this case he had a measly 99, not enough to call a 1.80 re-raise IMO. Perhaps at a higher limit and playing with stats I will reconsider this strategy in the moment... but for now I have noticed that limpers and minraisers at NL10 are simply fish, well worth the risk of running into that rare trapper.