Made a bit of a boo boo signing up

• Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Ok, so I didnt see where you had to put in Pokerstrategy's referral code and missed it.. I haven't completed the rest of the signup but I have sent them an email polietly asking if they would add it. I know some places like William Hill can be real dicks about this but as they haven't got any personal information yet, there is nothing stopping me from signing up again as technically I haven't done anything wrong..well maybe I have but common sense should always triumph in my book so I can morally accept bending the rules. :D

Can I ask Poker strategy a favour please? As I have signed up before the start of next month. If I don't play at all or even fill out the rest of my details until the first, can this account be counted as starting on the first of November so I can have the bonus points please? ;) This will give me my best shot of getting Gold withought having to clear the cobwebs and pay for it in hard cash. No one wants a poor student to have go through such an ordeal :D

.Thanks in advance (I hope)
  • 9 replies
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      You won't believe this. Well if you have worked in the betting industry you probably will. They won't add the poker strategy link despite not having set up the account yet.

They very kindly said I was still welcome to use PS just not be tracked.

I sent them a rather pissy email which PS might get sent back so I will try not bar myself by divulging the contents.

I won't be a prat and say what I and everyone else would do in this situation but what a bunch of useless ******

If you guys have to kick me then no worries. Do me a favour though and give me warning so I can grab a few SKYPEs.

On a side note. My housemate wants to set up a PS account, i better get going helping him to do it :D jk jk jk
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Bookie,

It's a shame you forgot to put in the code but if you haven't deposited or played for any Real Money then there may be something possible, but it's highly unlikely. PokerStars support are generally awesome though, so hopefully it all goes well for you.

Your best bet is to contact them as you have and open a Ticket with us and see if one of our also as awesome (If not more ;) ) Support Team can help or advise.

I know you've said the signing up again part as a joke but I must stress that no-one should do such a thing to any Poker Room as this will be a breach of their T&C's and will end in your account/s being closed and the possibility of funds being lost.

It's also best to talk with the Poker Room in question and see what they can do.

If all fails then we do have plenty more Poker Rooms for you to check out.

Best of luck!

Best of luck
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply matt and most of all the support. It was said in jest as I know you know but perhaps it was better left out. They have already replied again to me twice now. And they are making up a complete load of bollocks regarding the system won't let them make the change etc etc and that they wont let me close my betting account incase i set up a new one, which is actually against the law, even if they are in gilbrator because of the 2005 gambling act, at least im pretty sure it applies to them lol.

I wont give up now I have had a taste of poker stars but I also wont jeopodise the relationship Pokerstrat have with Stars by saying stuff i probably shouldn't.

I feel so angry with the morons that think they can get away with murder as long as someone else who is paid considerably less does it.

I should probably pop a pill and sleep as im up in 5 hours lol
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      With all due credit to Poker Stars I did end up talking to someone I got the impression was pretty high up and in the end she agreed to close my acount. She was actually very nice despite my less then ideal manor, making it even harder to hate them loose, fish filled games that I was so close to experiencing...anyhooo...

Poker Stars will go on the back burner for a while, but I think in the not to distant future it might be available again to me and this time there will be no missing the marketing code.

Sorry to everyone who endured the rant. Case closed :D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Bookie22,

Glad to see everything worked out OK. When it comes to Pokerroom support, PokerStars are the nuts.

Also there is now nothing stopping you from setting up a tracked account. Just don't forget that code.

Best of luck

Laz
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Bookie22,

Glad to see everything worked out OK. When it comes to Pokerroom support, PokerStars are the nuts.

Also there is now nothing stopping you from setting up a tracked account. Just don't forget that code.

Best of luck

Laz
      Thanks Laz.

That will be the plan but I think they would probably rather I waited a bit but technically I probably could. The support was easily the best I have experienced. I ended up having quite an off topic but interesting conversation with one of the managers and she even gave me her personal work email for when I did decide to come back!

The reason they are all so happy is because they are sunning themselves in Costa Rica the lucky so and sos.

Well done PokerStars
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Cool. No doubt I'll be wandering through the forums one day and I'll come across you sporting a nice gold badge.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Hey Bookie22,

Glad to hear you managed to get things sorted out. I agree, PokerStars always provides excellent support, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you could work things out with them :)

Do consider yourself lucky though, because it happens only very rarely that PokerStars does this type of thing. Please make sure you have full approval of PokerStars that you are able to create a new account, as otherwise your new account might just be closed as well. I am telling you this just as a precaution. If PokerStars told you that you can create a new account, then I would of course imagine there are no problems there.

Good luck at the tables!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Hey Bookie22,

Glad to hear you managed to get things sorted out. I agree, PokerStars always provides excellent support, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you could work things out with them :)

Do consider yourself lucky though, because it happens only very rarely that PokerStars does this type of thing. Please make sure you have full approval of PokerStars that you are able to create a new account, as otherwise your new account might just be closed as well. I am telling you this just as a precaution. If PokerStars told you that you can create a new account, then I would of course imagine there are no problems there.

Good luck at the tables!

Kind regards,
      Tino
      Unfortuantely things seem to have taken an about turn. When I woke up this morning I had an email from support asking me to send them a copy of the email from the lady from PS that I had been speaking to that said they would close my account. Which I did. They then replied and said that although your account is now closed I can not open a new one, so all the hours of comms last night were for nothing.

I know this is pretty much standard practice as I had to help a mate circumvent a British poker site after again, I messed up setting up the affiliate. (don't worry it wasn't here)

This does seem so bloody stupid though as I haven't even filled in any details yet apart from username and password and certainly haven't made a deposit or played, but I am equally pissed off with myself.

I will try and see if poker strategy can do anything, but I know they probably can't.

I'm not dumb enough to try and set up another account (cough cough) after reading about peoples histories who have tried but I would very much be interested to know if pokerstars, through information sharing could possibly know my name and details? I certainly haven't supplied them. Anyone know?