• IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      fold according to SHC

and pay attention how many players there are at the table
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Ok, in the silver articles A10 and small PP become playable in late pos. Should I wait for higher limits?
      When there are 2 empty seats at the table I uncheck the post BB and dont pay another BB unless the table fills up. I do stay and see my free cards tho.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Ok, in the silver articles A10 and small PP become playable in late pos. Should I wait for higher limits?
      When there are 2 empty seats at the table I uncheck the post BB and dont pay another BB unless the table fills up. I do stay and see my free cards tho.
      could you give me a link to this article? maybe the english ones are a bit different :)

if you are an experienced player you can of course raise this hand. But as i am quite new to this community and dont know you i decided to stay with the beginners strategy :)

your way of dealing with shorter tables is perfect.
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      i think you might have been reading a BSS article. Some of the Silver articles do not have BSS/SSS marked on them and i think most of them refer to BSS only.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      As articles changed lately many SSSers follow old pdf shc which as far as i recall told to raise AT in this position which is quite good move. Hitting ace is good option since it will be pretty strong (only holding that will just call and will beat your ace will be AJ/AQ so unless someone will reraise you, you'r pretty much in good shape in case of floop A) hitting T also may be enought to win the hand since only 4 pairs will be better than your hand.

So i would say raise 4bb.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Here is silver article, starting hands for the TAG
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/29/3/

The start of this article is Tight aggressive Preflop Play for intermediates.
      Here is the intro:

Foreword

In this article I will describe how to adapt one's pre-flop game to the situation in no limit Hold'em. Since our goal is didactic, we will present a tight-aggressive game (TAG). We know that this is not the only winning style at no limit Hold'em, but we consider it to be the easiest to learn. Moreover, this style has a lower variance than other styles.

Prerequisites for understanding this article are a working knowledge of all the articles from the beginner's are.

Goals of the tight-aggressive pre-flop game

The main objective of the tight-aggressive pre-flop game is to generate profitable situations for the post-flop. The bets pre-flop are just smaller than those post-flop, so if we want to make large gains it will have to be after the flop. To win the pot directly is a secondary goal, but it does make it's own contribution to your winrate. The third objective is the construction and maintenance of your table image.

Tight-aggressive pre-flop games try to win many small to mid-sized pots. Most starting hands you play will not be strong made hands on the flop, so it's best to play these hands for smaller pots. Big pots are won opportunistically, when you get a very strong hand in the pre-flop or hit a lucky flop. Or if your opponents are just really dumb. But the true goal of the tight-aggressive game is to keep the pots small and avoid all-in situations or situations where you are committed to the pot. With small pots, it's easier to play with odds, pot odds, and implied odds and also to leverage your image.

And the hand went like this...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $3.70
      MP1:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $3.80
      MP3:
      $1.25
      CO:
      $4.00
      Hero:
      $2.05

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , T:spade:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0.35

Thanks for everyones input
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      That's bss article, any article that does not say it's about sss, is not.
      And well u made right play, actualy AT is 1% better than KQ so i really don't know why it was took from shc.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      with stats it would be marginal(depending on stats of course)
      without, i'd definitely raise this as an attempt to blindsteal.

open limping CO or BU is a very weak play.
      With an open limper on BU, i will raise around 20% of hands if BB is tight. 10% if he is loose.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      but this is not a good recommendation for beginners :)
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngolPoker
      oops, my bad, i thought it was NL20

i blindsteal on NL20 and above. on NL20 i only blindsteal if i have VERY good stats on villain. anything less than 500 hands and ill consider the information useless.

edit: very sorry about that ingol :) ill make sure to remember which section im in from here on out
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Now you made me wonder, why AT is not recomended for beginners but raising KQ in this position is ? What is so special about AT ? I would say that KQ can get you in a lot more troubles than AT, especialy for begginers.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      Now you made me wonder, why AT is not recomended for beginners but raising KQ in this position is ? What is so special about AT ? I would say that KQ can get you in a lot more troubles than AT, especialy for begginers.
      I've actually said the same thing a few times. AT is 1% ahead of KQ so there is really no reason to play one and not the other.

as a general rule i do not play KQ as a part of my SSS repertoire of hands.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      KQ is a connector while AT is a blackjack hand.
      Often the T is a very weak kicker. There are 4 higher card combinations what beats your AT.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Often the T is a very weak kicker. There are 4 higher card combinations what beats your AT.
      yep

KQ is easier to play because you either have nothing or top pair with second best kicker
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      From which 2 of them will reraise you prefloop so only aces that will beat you and just call is AQ and AJ. Very weak kicker because only two ace hands will beat you ? Don't think so, if that will happend, well that's poker.
      Also as for connectivity, i wouldn't say ti gives you really big advantage here becuase that's quite longshot. Ie. if floop comes AT6 different suits and you hold KQ, will you push allin on that gutshot ? Don't think so, you may consider that with openended which is very unlikely because you will need exacly tj on the floop.

update
      @up: were you sniping for someone to write why kq is better so you can agree with him ? Coz your reply was awfully fast ;p
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      one thing that was maybe still missed by you:

AT make top pair only with the A (in most cases)
      KQ can make it with K and the Q

the approach "AT is 1% better" doesnt make sense
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      one thing that was maybe still missed by you:

AT make top pair only with the A (in most cases)
      KQ can make it with K and the Q

the approach "AT is 1% better" doesnt make sense
      Quoting for upcoming edit :D

so on board 37T AT won't make a top pair ? Dude :D
      And there is same chance for flop where T will be top pair as for board with K/Q as top pair.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      no!

the probabiltiy that a T will be the highest card is a lot lower than the highest card being a Q

thats what i wanted to say by "in most cases"