HM2 Auto import folders

• benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      I have recently made aback-up of my database and extracted it into my new PC and I keep receiving the alerts from the HM2 in Alert Viewer that I have high amount of hand histories in Auto-import folders.
      " You have 272 files (or hand histories) in your Auto Import Folders. For HM2 HUD to work best, you should only auto import live play handhistories. For bigger imports, please use manual Hand Import function. Until HM2 imports all hands from the Auto Import Folders, the HUD at live tables might not work correctly. If you played in unsupported games, you will have to manually remove hand histories.

Click the help icon to learn how to check your Auto Import folders."

I did click this help icon and it guides me to a website- http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2901/Play+Money+Hands
      . WHen I press the number 2 (as suggested in the website) I cannot see anything like it,I just have an option to "Start automatic import when I start HM2" and "Archive hand history longer than 1 minutes"
      How should I proceed in order to get this done and stop receiving this alert? + I have recently started to receive lags like when I want to close HM2 it just doesn't close unless I stop it from task-manager(im using windows 8.0) maybe its because of that.

Regards
  • 4 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Are you playing on PKR? We just found out that they write additional files to the handhistory folder which are not imported or archived.

I suggest the best is you go through all your configured auto-import folders and check the contents. They should all be empty except current hands.
      If you find older files you should move them to different folders.

I hope this fixes the closing problem too.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Yes I am playing on PKR.
      I am looking into Documents -> PKR -> handhistory (this folder is auto imported) and there are several folders split by days when played (e.g. 20131030, 20131029) and in each of these folders there are text documents for stt played + another folder "Data" which contains DAT. files which I do not know how to open.
      I do not know which ones are hand history and which isn't because when I open txt files it seems that it doesn't contain info on my hand just the tourney. f.e.
      Table - STT # 29028951
      Hand #2443962886

Start Time: 22 Oct 2013 18:43:10

Average Pot: 25,700.90
      Biggest Pot: 75,800.00

Hands per Hour: 84
      Hands Played: 23

Preflop Seen: 23
      Preflop Won: 3
      Flop Seen: 13
      Flop Won: 2
      Turn Seen: 11
      Turn Won: 0
      River Seen: 10
      River Won: 0
      Showdown Seen: 10
      Showdown Won: 6
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hey netsrak,

Could you please advise how should I proceed in order to stop receiving this alert? Which of the files are hand history and which is not, and how can I exclude the non-necessary files from being imported?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      The auto-import moves the handhistory files to the archive folder (c:\hm2archive) 15 min after reading them. So the files remaining in the handhistory folder are obsolete and you can delete them.

I would suggest verifying that they actually made it to the archive folder.
      The archive folder path is in the same dialogue where you set the import folders.
      There needs to be a check box beside the archive folder option, and the folder needs to exist.

Best of luck,
      --VS