Unreal [marathon] challenge. 500k hands in 1 month

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      So lately i have been playing 6max, and still although i soon reach the 200k lifetime graph on 6max, it still seems new everytime i start a session. Full ring is a hole other story.

I've got some coaching from weazel (op coach) to fix some absurd leaks of mine, so i was able/ will be - able to beat 6max with a bb/100 above 5.

But this challenge will have the purpose to teach me consistensy. I need to play 16667 hands pr day on avg. Im playing around 1500 hands pr hour when i play fullring, which this challenge will be about mainly. I need to move into a softer enviroment to boost my br a bit, because i have given my self around 6-7 months to get a hourly that will make a apartment possible.

ATM i dont care about what my br is, i havent even looked. Im not going to look when i start the challenge. Unless i will feel a burn, im going to keep grinding 24 tables fullring.

Also because 6 hours should be enough for me to reach platinum. And if i get there, i can withdraw som fpp.

Also since i have read "treat your poker as a bussiness", im gonna try to not play LOL at all next month. Im wasting waay to much time on a video game, when in reality poker is a video game aswell.

Since i probably will have 3-5 days i cant play, or maybe will feel burnt out because of a sick challenge, im gonna aim for ~18k hands each day.

Coffee is gonna be my friend.

I probably will update everyday. But since i dont care about if im up or down in my sessions, there will be 1 graph, the last day of the challenge. This will almost be a poker/sleep/poker/sleep month for me.
      But i am committed, and i need to put in volume to actually get anywhere.

I also have to decide sometime next month if im gonna take the study opportunity or not. Because i need to reserve a place. And i think although i have been playing for a while i need a backup, if i sometime next year sit in a apartment, with a burnt out feeling because poker will fill a lot.

I aim to update everyday the hand amt, and how i felt i was playing, give myself grades. Since i need to put a lot of volume in, im not sure if there will be a lot of time to study, BUT since poker is gonna be inside my head 90% of the time while i am awake, im gonna study in my dreams at night. :f_biggrin:

Not only is my plan to learn myself some consistensy. I will also aim after improving mental endurance. So i will start out slow tomorrow, by playing maybe 4k hands, then a eat break, then maybe 5k, and then see how often i need the breaks. One of the reason im playing like a spewtard is sometimes because i am up, and tend to take high variance roads. On a heater you feel like a genius, but regulary and on be streaks it just looks stupid. And that comes down to result orientation. So therefore no graph and no numbers until the challenge is finished.

I expect to win a bit benieth half of the above graph, due to long hours, and because im gonna be sitting on 24 tables :D But then again, im gonna play more than 13k hands, so maybe around same profit in avg. I dno, and honestly dont care. (isnt my graph btw)

Tomorrow i will start out playing the 4k hands. Break, and then open my old evaluation notepad for + and -'es i feel i made in the session. 2nd session i will warmup with meditation. At the end of the day before i go to bed tomorrow i will review shortly what i could do better, and then the day after tomorrow feel out if the warmup made a significant difference besides checking my evening review for what i could do better.

This will not be easy, and i WILL aim for reaching 500k. But the most important thing isnt if i reach 500k or not. The most important thing is i get a good structure i can relate to, so i will boost my learning process.

Maybe i will get another coaching halfway. But im not sure yet.
      The purpose is of this challenge besides the written above, is: That i can move up 1 limit to play there and still "dont" care about br.

Last time i made a little bit unreal challenge, i succeded (from 10$ to 1337$).
      My experience tells me, if u aim high, u can actually get a bit further than u honestly within urself believed in. And with hard work im sure this is possible. I have some people i need to prove wrong, and it motivates me so much.
  • 128 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      a bit tl;dr for me. Good luck with your challenge though! There was a guy in 2p2 who played 1M hands in a month with a nice profit, so it's doable!
      GL & Crush :) :club: :heart: :spade: :diamond:
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      It indeed is an Unreal challenge Sir!. Good luck Will be following with interest. If you squeeze in half hour of work out everyday, nothing like it!
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      1st SESSION no warmup
      4010 hands
      6/10 satisfied

2nd SESSION warmup meditation
      5236 hands
      1. quarter 6/10
      2. quarter 8.5/10
      3. quarter 9/10
      4. quarter 7/10

3rd SESSION no warmup
      4677 hands
      1. quarter 5/10
      2. quarter 9.5/10
      3. quarter 9/10
      4. quarter 4/10

4th SESSION warmup meditation
      4081 hands
      1. quarter 7/10
      2. quarter 8/10
      3. quarter 6/10
      4. quarter 5/10

18004 hands

It indeed is an Unreal challenge Sir!. Good luck Will be following with interest. If you squeeze in half hour of work out everyday, nothing like it!

I agree. It will probably be my first month ever playing 500k hands.
      Yeah that would be very important, and yet still i cant seem to get going. You know the feeling? You want to, but just not today :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Do you plan be in profit or just play the game and not be broke before the end of the challenge?

are you taking bets?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      500k hands in a month.. Ez game :D I wish you best of luck with this project ;)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      500k hands in a month.. Ez game :D I wish you best of luck with this project ;)
      OP has 200K lifetime. To be profitable over 500K hands in a month is imo irrealistic!
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Do you plan be in profit or just play the game and not be broke before the end of the challenge?

are you taking bets?

I will be dissapointed if i dont have a bb/100 of atleast 3.

Sound fun and interesting to take bets :f_biggrin: Not sure what odds i should lay. You have a suggestion?

Found out it will be a little harder than calc'ed, because to startup the session, takes a bit of time, so i cant play 1500 hands pr hour. 1st session i was up 4 BI and played 1404 hands pr hour. Since i am playing i think 3 or 4 sessions pr day in avg. My brain hurts after some hours, so REALLY need the breaks :D

500k hands in a month.. Ez game grin I wish you best of luck with this project wink

Sure easy game. i DO have a christmas dinner the 30. this month. And thank you very much :heart:

Im taking a short break now, 1 session more in an hour or so, before the big session tonight.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      sounds crazy, will definitely follow this one :)

btw didnt see any info about limits you are playing...

GL!
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      sounds crazy, will definitely follow this one smile

btw didnt see any info about limits you are playing...

GL!

Microstakes. My longterm gold is nl200 in may/june next year. Im showing the graph the 30 or maybe the 28 if i reach 500k the 28.

I dont hope some intense 4-6 tabling notetaker is gonna use tabletracker softwares :D

My stake is: hakuna kikomo kumi atm. I think i will move up next month maybe. If things go as planned.
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      To me this seems more like a torture than a faster learning process. Would bet
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      seems possible but if i were you i will become so sick of poker :D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      To me this seems more like a torture than a faster learning process. Would bet

ATM it dont feel like its torture, but who knows, maybe it will halfway or next week. idk

seems possible but if i were you i will become so sick of poker grin

My plan is to get sick @ poker, not of it :coolface:
    • Ndy69
      Ndy69
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

are you taking bets?
      I dont think u can go broke at microlimits even if you're 50 tabling:D

And martinemem this is a sick challenge.Im really curious to see if you gonna finish it.For sure after 2 weeks you gonna be really tired,so be strong man and GL :s_biggrin:
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I dont think u can go broke at microlimits even if you're 50 tablinggrin

And martinemem this is a sick challenge.Im really curious to see if you gonna finish it.For sure after 2 weeks you gonna be really tired,so be strong man and GL shark biggrin

I wont go broke!!

I am also pretty sure im gotta feel burned out somewhere around halfway. Maybe even in a week, im really tired now :D
      The last session i played i played really poor, but thats exactly why i took this challenge. Because i want to get a better mental endurance. 3 hero calls that was perfect, made me a calling station the last 1k hands :D
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      So tonight i slept 11 hours. And it takes me 11 hours 45 mins to get to 18k hands. So if i only gonna have 1 hour 15 min to use breaks, i need a better form of structure if im going to get to 500k the 30.

To force a faster hands pr hour, i will try to play longer sessions today. And only play 3 sessions.

So i think i will start out with 5k, then 6.5k, and end with 6.5k.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      2nd day

1st SESSION
      6309 Hands
      1. quarter 8/10
      2. quarter 7/10
      3. quarter 9.1336/10
      4. quarter 9.1337/10

2nd SESSION
      10698 hands
      1. quarter 6/10
      2. quarter 8/10
      3. quarter 8/10
      4. quarter 7/10

17007 hands

Dont know why i took a break when i was playing some serious A-game. 2nd session was pretty long, so not sure when i started to play a little bad.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you are playing your sessions in 4 sets per day. I suggest playing zoom instead. Start up and closing time for Zoom tables is significantly shorter than for 24 tabling. You probably need like a good 10min to get 24 tables up (maybe faster at micros) and you'll also take quite some time to close all of them.

i think you can get the same volume playing 8 tables of Zoom (I average 1.3k but i play loose)
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I might try that tomorrow. If i feel like it.

Today though, first session i was playing 1564hand pr hour. 2nd session i was playing 1454.

And i like regular so much. But i wont exclude zoom.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Last night i wasnt sleeping as much as yesterday. I was thinking in bed, of how to overcome make the exact same mistakes last 2 days in row after around 14k hands.

So just like xflixx, im gonna make a penalty everytime i make the mistake. Im adding 50 hands to the end of the day. It maybe doesnt sound like much, but sometimes the mistake dont seem that bad if it is vs a lag, a maniac or something else, but that doesnt change the fact that it might still be -ev in the longrun. If it is -7%ev doesnt clarify that sometimes it works, and then because ppl do crazy stuffs, and i select them carefully to do it against - does not make it +ev in the longrun (80% sure).

Herocalls is okay, as long as it dont become a trend for me (as it did last evening)

So its sunday, so today i will play 20k hands i think. By slowly pushing myself like this, i can make the 16667 avg much easier.

Since after yesterday where i lost a lot of crazy 0ev flips:...
      AKo vs AKo to a flush.
      KK vs KK to a flush
      AA vs AA to a flush

... I will post a teaser graph :f_biggrin: bare in mind this is only $. The euro graph im running much better (thank you to the fishes that shoves last bb in, when i bet 59bb on the river with nuts/full house _W_, and they have 60bb left in their stack WITH KHIGH, BOTTOM PAIR ETC ETC :heart: :heart:) ( this way you can spot if a fish is swimming, or is actually drowning DONT TELL ANYONE :D :D :D :D :D )
      Also, if the fish has 1-5 bb left:
      30% rebuys
      60% quits
      10% keeps playing with 1-5 bb and when loosing the last 1-5bb:
      7% quits and has had enough
      2% watches how his money is doing :f_mad:
      1% rebuys
      If the fish has 0 bb left:
      80% ragequits
      15% rebuys
      5% is sitting out on the table for 5-15 mins watching how his money is doing. :s_love:

The graph demonstrates pretty well where and why i do the mistakes. 14k is the magic number. I simply start to play like a n00b.

So 125 hands pr mistake that i conciously spot (probably only 40% of them all) I wont have room on my screens to have a notepad writing in the numbers of mistakes, i think i fits okay since my original plan was to play 50 hands extra pr mistake.