This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

some stats...

• davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I only have about 2k hands tracked in elephant thus far... I know it isn't much, but I think I am on the right track.
      RP stat is 7, I have been following SHC 95% so this is good
      VP$IP stat is 10, I think is a little high, I have been completing SB and calling small PPs to much
      My average BB/100 is 15.54... what does that mean?
      My AF is 6.0, I always c-bet vs one and I NEVER trap anymore.
      WTS stat is 34. Seems about right... 1/3 fold PF, 1/3 fold to my c-bet... the rest meet me at rivertown.
      Any insights are appreciated...
  • 9 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hey you should try to trap from time to time... payoff is great when its done correctly. Just don't trap when the board has strong draw possibilities.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      BB/100 means how many BB(BigBlinds) you win over 100 hands.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      OK trapping, perhaps never is too strong a word...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.95
      MP2:
      $2.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3:heart: , K:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.95) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0.95

My question would be... do I check again with a FH? My flop check was to hopefully induce a bet, but as a dedicated SSSer I was unwilling to check again. This was the only hand I could find out of 2k :D
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Why you checked flop? If you are following SSS you must C-bet against one opponent no matter you hit flop or miss. OK on 0.1$ tables i think noone will notice your lines, but on 1$ situation will change. In this situation opponent is agressive and WTS is high, i guess he will not respect your C-bet anyway...
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I cleaned up shortly after this dude sat down (MP2) and was waiting for the BB to leave.... when KK appears before my very eyes, and turns into top set on a weak board! Having watched the villian for a few hands (8) I wanted him to catch up and at least have something to call me with, that or let him bluff, he only had 1.6 left...
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Oh if your playing sss there is no need to trap.

It just works when your playin NL bss. In sss you can only make like 1.8$ anyway...
      through trapping in bss you can make a lot more with a hand.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Yes, in this case the SSS mission was over and I was waiting to leave so my play was more like BSS. If I have less than 25BB I would c-bet the flop for sure.
      Another question, lets say in this situation I doubled through again to $10, now I have 100BB, can I stay and switch to BSS even though my BR does not support BSS quite yet?
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Update: 1000 hands later and VP$IP is 9
      I have stopped my SB complete leak and no longer call broadway draws on the button (another leak)
      My Flop Aggression is still off the chart, but I am OK with that. Looking back I really only Donk'd one AK hand by c-betting into a multi-pot with only gutshot draw.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.50
      Hero:
      $1.85
      CO:
      $11.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) Q:diamond: , 7:heart: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.45 (All-In), CO calls $1.45, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.15) 2:diamond:
      River: ($4.15) T:heart:

Final Pot: $4.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ah Ks)
      CO shows two pairs, queens and tens (Qc Ac)

CO wins with two pairs, queens and tens (Qc Ac)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Check/fold missed AK to two opponents. If CO minbets, you are last to act, you can call flop according odds and outs.