Pokerstrategy Finland is shutting down

• pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      All of us in Finnish community were quite surprised to get this message yesterday (not an official translation):

We approach you with very sad news . For legal reasons, we can no longer market the Finnish-speaking online poker site. Interpretation of the " marketing " is very strict : for example, a link to a site with any mention of the campaign is interpreted as marketing.

In the end the only way to fulfill these requirements is to close the Finnish community . For us the deadline is set at the 1th of November.

As a result, we have to take the following measures:
      • from 31.10. on large part of the Finnish site will automatically redirect you to the corresponding English-language site .
      • Video and strategy section , customer service, and the platform will remain open for a few more days .
      • By the end of next week, we transfer your account to the English -speaking community . If you want to belong to any other community , please let us know with a ticket.
      • We will also open a Finnish forum to the English-language site , and we will migrate the most popular forum threads there.
      Our humblest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We are as disappointed as you that we will have to perform this operation .

Sincerely,
      PokerStrategy team

Having talked to the people in charge of the Finnish community they've told us that even the people that worked with Pokerstrategy got only two days of notice (so they knew only a couple of hours before the community).

Many of us in the Finnish community are wondering why this has happened so fast and some have drawn their conclusions that this is due to Playtech´s acquisition of Pokerstrategy. Playtech is also a partner of RAY (Finnish gaming association which has a monopoly of slot machines and live poker in Finland). RAY also has an online poker site in which they use Playtech´s technology.

What do you think?

Edit: Typo fixed
  • 63 replies
    • Zanfess
      Zanfess
      Bronze
      I for one was devastated by this. I did three coachings a week and this job gave me guaranteed rent money. While having a child and singlehandedly paying everything for my family of three, this was a cheap shot under the belt. Here's hoping i get to coach something in english to better support my family..

Regards,
      Zanfess
      Coach in the finnish pokerstrategy community since 2010.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      As a longterm PokerStrategy.fi employee (from circa 2008), it is with great sadness I watch the success story that was the Finnish section go down with such a sour note. The community spirit, as it is here in English, was something phenomenal and unique. A story that started from humble beginnings, rose to great heights... just to end like this.

Oh well. That story will now end. At least for now. :f_cool:
    • benibanaani123
      benibanaani123
      Bronze
      So sad ...just started blog and now this blah :(
    • raver81
      raver81
      Silver
      well i think my english is getting better after these sad changes.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      what's up dudes!

really sad to hear about the finnish shutdown but i hope you enjoy yourselves over here with us!
    • K1nkku
      K1nkku
      Bronze
      That not good, but always must be positive. Now is good change train english skills (what you all can note).
    • omk79
      omk79
      Bronze
      So, all the strategy articles (in finnish) are gone?
    • HuhtalaJ
      HuhtalaJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by omk79
      So, all the strategy articles (in finnish) are gone?
      We're trying to keep the released Finnish videos available, and probably the strategy articles too, so no worries on that matter.

Sorry for so uncertain reply - as you know, these 2 days have been pretty hectic and chaotic so I'm getting dizzy too.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good evening everyone.

Let me firstly introduce myself first - I am Gary, English Community Head Moderator and Head Admin.

Some of you may know me from visiting here in the past.

I would like to extend the warmest welcome to all our Finnish members who will be migrating here to our English Community. I know that you all will prove to be an excellent addition to our community.

I know that right now that you are tinged with sadness regarding the FI community and this is completely understandable and that you are shocked.

I have no doubt that once the dust has settled here that you will enjoy being here in EN and taking part in both the Finnish Corner here and indeed in the EN Com as a whole!

Warm regards,
      Gary :)

EDIT: Hoping to pick up some made PLO skills from you!
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Well I have sad news for you Gary. No one can match the PLO skillz that Finns have!

But if you ask nicely, we can teach some of our Kung Fu to you ;)

Finnish content is gone, but PokerStrategy still lives. We had an awesome community, the best I have ever been in by far. Let's hope that we can bring some of that awesomeness to here too.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well I thought I should ask anyways! Nothing to lose :)

I'll settle for some mad kung-fu skillz if it's on offer!
    • adanna
      adanna
      Bronze
      my english is so bad dont understand english videos nothing :(
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey adanna,

Keep people like Kyyberi and the other posters here in mind, they can help a lot. Sorry it's in English :(

@all: Kyyberi's kung fu is strong.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      At least this is a great way to improve your english skillz!
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      I feel really sad about the finnish community, but at the same time it's great opportunity to be apart of even bigger pokerstrategy community. Nothing lasts forever, unfortunately. Hopefully this'll be a new fresh start for every member of the old finnish community. :)

I have to improve my english skillz too... :s_biggrin:
    • Rottmann
      Rottmann
      Bronze
      This is like being in some kind of cyber refugee camp. I'm in odd place, I've no way back home. I see my old compatriots around me plus helpful and smiling "others". I had no time to take any goods with me. Only memories carried with from past.

But...

on less sentimental point of view I think it's time to see what's good here and continue working even harder to fulfil my dreams.

Time to adapt myself to new routines - and improve my writen English.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      A big welcome to all our Finnish brothers. :)

While it is sad to hear of the closure of the Finnish community, the news that a lot of the content will be preserved is indeed good news.

With that in mind and the influx of Finnish members will only serve to raise our collective knowledge and make the English community a stronger learning environment.

Laz
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rottmann
      This is like being in some kind of cyber refugee camp. I'm in odd place, I've no way back home. I see my old compatriots around me plus helpful and smiling "others". I had no time to take any goods with me. Only memories carried with from past.
      My thoughts exactly! :D

I've been "taking shots" here every now and then but still it somehow feels a bit strange to know that i'm going to spend rest of my (PokerStrategy)life here. :D

Finnish community was part of my daily routines last five years so when it all ended just in the blink of an eye, it sure feels very weird.

But my experiences about english community has been very positive, so i guess we're going to be fine.. Just fine..

So prepare yourselves for a lot of bad english and lot of meaningless spam! :s_evil:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Well, welcome to all Finns that will join us! I thought this community needed some fresh blood anyway!