[November Marathon] - [legand73]

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Looks like a good promo idea so i'm starting this here blog to try get me one of those rubber duckies that Tino was talking about. I'll manage to get in 10k hands a week at the very least. I'm also doing movember if anyone is keen to help me fundraise. Currently playing at ipoker on nl10 hoping to back up to nl20 before too long
  • 24 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Gl Luke, ship it for the mod squad!
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      I've been playing poker for a few years with mixed results. I'm probably a break-even player at nl25 if i'm honest maybe slightly losing (probably slightly losing). This month i'm hoping to unlock the rest of the bonus money that I have from my FDB.

I might need to get in more than 10k hands a week to do this but at this stage I don't want to make my goals too out of reach so i'll see what i'm going to do about this.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Trying to increase my volume this month because I have some bonus money on Will hill that I need to unlock which expires in 30 days but the thing is that i've still got some bonus money left over from the first deposit bonus which i assume needs to be unlocked first. Might be a bit of a hectic month especially considering i'm going to be away from home for a week of it. let's hope my portable database does the trick.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Looks like a good promo idea so i'm starting this here blog to try get me one of those rubber duckies that Tino was talking about.
      Yes, they are quite awesome :f_biggrin:

[x] Following
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I got's no rubber duckie :(
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      I got's no rubber duckie

If I were headadmin i'd demand one before I worked another minute :D
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      A couple of hands from today

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $15.51 (155.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.21 (102.1 bb)
      MP: $10.35 (103.5 bb)
      CO: $18.75 (187.5 bb)
      BTN: $10.14 (101.4 bb)
      SB: $2.29 (22.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q K
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 2 9 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90

River: ($3.35) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.67, Hero folds

Not sure If it is wise to cbet flop w/ overs and 3rd nut backdoor flush draw. I favour c/f in retrospect. He can float a ton on such a texture

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $13.72 (137.2 bb)
      UTG: $13.27 (132.7 bb)
      MP: $19.27 (192.7 bb)
      CO: $11.74 (117.4 bb)
      BTN: $9.11 (91.1 bb)
      SB: $34.33 (343.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 A
      UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 5 9 T (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.52, BTN calls $0.52

Turn: ($1.79) 7 (2 players)
      UTG checks, BTN bets $1.25, UTG folds

Not sure what's the best play here. I favour folding to with an EP open since i presume it's strong and I don't think I'm getting the odds to see a flop despite being in BB with a caller (I could be wrong). The reverse implieds are there because I have a weak Ace and EP has a lot of tough Ax hands in his range.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Definitely agree on the 1st hand, I'm c/f on that flop.

2nd hand, I'd probably call pre.

How is the mo' coming along?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      How do you plan to proceed post-flop w/ A9s?

Mo is pretty non-existent at the moment but i'll post pics every sunday to show my progress :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I think you can also consider squeezing with the A9s.

On the first hand I think you can cbet flop given how strong your range is. If you are not bluffing bdfd you might not be cbet bluffing enough on this flop since you have .

The A hits you pretty well and should rarely hit him considering you were UTG and your flop betting range is fairly strong, so following up on the turn makes sense to me.

I think x/f or 3rd barrel on the river are both ok. It really depends if he floats these flops w Ax type hands without the FD, which I think is kinda bad vs UTG open and cbet. I would assume him to have just 2 combos of Ax; A :spade: J :spade: and A :spade: T :spade: since you block AQss. Other than this he will have a lot of medium pocket pairs, so look at his wtsd because I think there's a good chance of getting him to fold a ton of them here with a $2.75 bet on the river. For 9x he should only have 2 combos of T9s and 2 combos of 89s, and 1 combo 99.

This is 7 combos of TP or better but lets add 6 more combos of Ax just to account for random flop calls, and at the very least 12 combos of TT-JJ, but probably more and then several busted FD. If you get him to fold 45% of the time you can profitably bet $2.75 on the river. If he has 13 combos which are always calling, you need him to fold 10 combos on the river, pretty reasonable assumption imo. Its possible he calls flop much wider than I've assumed, but then that also means he gets to river with a lot more weak hands that will fold to your bet.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Yeah true squeezing is an option.

I don't think i need to be bluffing that flop a ton since i'm oop and I don't really want to be barrelling off too often. Yeah i think continuing on the A is standard considering my range has a ton of Ax hands that i'm cbetting. I think i held off on the 3rd barrel because his calling range on the turn is pretty strong imo so I thought (on the fly) that it's more likely he's going to call then to fold to a 3rd barrel. I don't know if i still agree with my assessment in hindsight.

Its possible he calls flop much wider than I've assumed, but then that also means he gets to river with a lot more weak hands that will fold to your bet.

Depends if we give him Ax hands in his floating range which is pretty reasonable imo and if he floats with Ax then he'd be wanting to see a showdown.

Unfortunately I didn't have any stats on the guy so can't really make any assumptions on his floating and showdown seeing tendencies. I think I favour c/f river still as I think barrelling two streets on this runout will still be +EV and his range seems quite strong on such a board
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Thought I would do an update for the end of the first week of November. Looking at my graph i'm down 15BI. I wondered if the fact that i'm basically doubling my volume, would have any effects on my winrate. I tried extra hard not to be results oriented this week and although I am struggling, I think I'm getting there (It's difficult to undo years of results-oriented thinking).

My WTSD is creeping up atm it's something like 31.5% for the week. I need to get this down a lot further (according to Bogdan). Have tightened up a bit in the MP but have perhaps overshot because now my UO% is 10 in the MP compared to 9 in the EP. Played 22/19 this week w/ 3bet of 7.74%

Looking at positions It seems I played poorly from the SB and BU especially w/ bb/100 of -39 and -11 respectively which is quite alarming although i'm aware that sample size might well be an issue. Maybe i should have said as a precursor that i'm aware that sample size does play a large role especially when i'm gonna be breaking down the positions. Looks like i'm not 3betting enough from the BU as well comparing a 3bet of 6.4 to 3bet % in the SB and BB of 8.6 and 9.1 respectively. On the subject of 3bets it seems I was break even after I take away the premiums (JJ+, AJs+, AQo+, KQs) which i'm quite happy with but again could easily be a sample size issue

Also dropped a lot of money in pots with 2+ raisers and pots w/ a raiser+ caller w/ bb/100 of over 50 in each.

Looking at my 4bet % as well and it seems that i'm not 4betting very much from the BU over 2.9k hands I 4bet 5.22 % compared to % of over 20s in other positions. also i don't know how this is calculated cause 20% 4bet is huge or seems it to me. I think this will be because i expect to get 3bet light from later positions so 4bet more frequently than in the BU and in BU opt to call and play postflop ip. Not sure what kind of implications this has on my game though. Will investigate further in the coming weeks.

Am losing heaps with pps this weak totalling -66bb/100 on all pps minus AA. At first glance this probably has a lot to do with playing vs midstackers since i've been stacking them quite light (too light). (edit turns out that isn't true. i'm around breakeven with these guys)

Not sure which else filters i can be bothered/should add. Any feedback would be good and if you guys want to see some stats then just ask. I would love feedback though or points of discussion because i'm quite new to the database review game
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Here's my weekly graph

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Thought I'd chuck up my Movember update if anyone is interested.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      The no is coming along nicely sir!
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      thanks Gaz
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze

had another pretty crap week. Am gonna post a proper update later today when I have more time :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Thought I would do an update for the end of the second week of November. Looking at my graph i'm down 10BI.

Been working on my WTSD and managed to drop it down quite a bit in the last couple of days but this week it's still massive. Played 20/17 this week w/ 3bet of 7% 

Looking at positions It seems I'm still playing poorly from the SB, plus had a bad week in the BB and EP positions.

Still not 3betting enough from the BU as well comparing a 3bet of ~5 to 3bet % in the SB and BB of 7.5 and 9.1 respectively. Still doing well in 3bet pots it seems even w/o premiums

Been doing terribly in most post types with 2+ raisers being the worst. 2+ raiser>Raiser>1 limper>Raiser + caller all with winrates south of -26bb/100 

4bet proportions are still around about the same but this week it seems that I have increased BU 4betting frequency. Still nowhere near CO though which at this point is my aim to close the gap

pairs still losing me money but mainly just the small pairs
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Next week is gonna be better though. Hopefully your studious approach will pay off soon :)