[November Marathon] - [JCSeerup] - Let's Kill Them All!

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      The past month have been a huge disappointment for me when it comes to volume and results, so it seems like a good time to make a thread in this forum to make me work harder to achieve my goal and at the same time having a chance of winning a session review. :)

The reason for the low volume last month was that I took a week away from poker half way through the month due to poor play and bad handling of variance, then I went home to Denmark for a week where I weren't able to play on the .dk client and the final reason is Breaking Bad, I started and finished the show this month so I have spent my share of time watching TV-shows for the month.

I'm trying to grind out a bonus on Pokerstars, so in order to get there I have to put in more volume, but at the same time I don't want to play too long session, since it often makes me play worse in the end, I also want to start going to the gym this month, so I think I got enough on my plate.

Goals for the month:
      • 65,000 hands
      • Profit before bonuses
      • $60 in bonuses
      • 10 gym sessions

This is no doubt going to be hard for me to achieve all of these goals, but I don't want to set the bar too low so it becomes easy. To make it even harder I will try to write a small update everyday, I will probably not update the days when I don't play, but otherwise I will do my best to make daily updates.

So watch out for the screen name BreakYouNuts with the sexy Justin Bieber avatar ;)

• 42 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Gl JCSeerup!

Hoping to see a big result at the end of the month :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Yesterday I played the two first sessions this month, but just as I was about to wrap up my last sessions my flat mates knocked on my door and wanted me to come drink a couple beers with them, so I didn't review any hands yesterday and I didn't get to write a update here since when I came back I was a bit tipsy so I just went to bed.

But back to the poker, yesterday was a pretty bad day result wise, I played 2,873 hands on pokerstars with a small loss and 681 hands on FTP (SN: JCSeerup) with a small profit, so I was pretty much breakeven for the day, but in the beginning I felt a little rusty since a haven't played for over a week, so breaking even is not too bad.

Now I'm getting ready for a short session before I get some lunch and then play a good session in the afternoon and tonight. And hopefully I will be able to write a short update again tonight.

Btw. I'm planning on signing up at a gym tomorrow, and start working out! :D
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Just a cool hand! :D

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 2344228
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $7.67
      SB: $5.01
      BB: $6.51
      UTG: $7.34
      UTG+1: $6.74
      Hero (UTG+2): $6.59
      MP1: $5.33
      MP2: $3.35
      CO: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG+2 with A :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, BB calls $0.45, UTG+1 calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.52) 2 :heart: 9 :spade: 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.50, UTG+1 calls $0.95

Turn: ($6.02) 5 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $2.10, UTG+1 raises to $4.74 all in, Hero says "ffs", Hero says "yolo", Hero calls $4.59 all in, BB calls $2.41 all in

River: ($19.71) 2 :spade: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: $19.71
      BB mucks K :heart: K :diamond:
      UTG+1 shows Q :club: Q :diamond: (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
      Hero shows A :diamond: A :club: (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
      Hero wins $0.15
      Hero wins $18.74
      (Rake: $0.82)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Always nice to be on the right side of those!
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      Those yolocalls usually end up being really bad. :f_biggrin:

In this case I think going all-in is the best play, SPR is way too small to fold in my opinion. People will play all overpairs like this.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      How is your challenge coming along then JCSeerup?

Hope you are running well :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      This week I have barely play at all since I have to get up at a godless hour every morning to get to work and when I come home I'm totally beat. Thursday I wanted to play a session, but after 30 min. I couldn't even keep my eyes open, and I too tired to even care, so now after 12 hours of sleep last night I'm ready to get grind on my mind!

Here is my schedule for today.

I will also try to make an update after my last session to sum up the day.

// Think like a man of actions, act like a man of thoughts.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      First session done, time to review.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 2351293

BTN: $6.01
      Hero (SB): $5.14
      BB: $4.69
      UTG: $25.31
      UTG+1: $6.90
      UTG+2: $4.80
      MP1: $4.55
      MP2: $7.44
      CO: $5.28

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 6 :diamond: 6 :heart:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) J :heart: 6 :club: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, MP1 raises to $4.35 all in, Hero calls $4.08

Turn: ($9.15) T :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($9.15) 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $9.15
      Hero shows 6 :diamond: 6 :heart: (four of a kind, Sixes)
      MP1 shows T :heart: J :club: (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
      Hero wins $8.77
      (Rake: $0.38)

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Wow, loving that action with quads!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Couldn't ask for more! :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Couldn't ask for more! :D
      Indeed, I wish I got attacked more with the nuts! :D
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Today was a very good and productive day I have been following the schedule I made witch I'm very happy about, I watched the two first Full Ring Review videos, I played 3 sessions of 1,5 hour and I had a 30 min review session after each session where I posted some hand on 2p2.

Considering I played about 4,5 hours today it's no wonder that I have played a pretty good amount of hands, but the results have just been fantastic, I made 8,5 BI's but about 1,000 hands before I ended my last session I was up almost 10 BI's so when I finished the session I wish I could have had one of those 10 BI days that I haven't had in a while but everything taken into consideration I don't think I can be anything but happy about the result :D

And here is my schedule for tomorrow, it's pretty much the same as today, I will just try to finish a bit earlier so I can get early to bed before waking up at a godless hour on monday :(

Now it's time for one of the most important games of the season Virginia Tech vs Miami, VT really need this win if they want to stay alive in the division, but the way QB Logan Thomas have been playing the last two games it might be hard.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yep, you can't really complain about your Saturday, hope it continues...
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Yesterday was a very good day, I played a lot, studied and had good result and to top it off Virginia Tech crushed Miami last night, so when I woke up the morning I was just pumped to get grinding, I even gave money to some kids who was collecting donations for their football team for the sake of good karma, but I turned out not to help.

I have decided not to play the last session tonight since I have been running very bad, and since I'm not depending on the money I make from poker I might as well study a bit instead of push my self to play when I really don't want to. I still logged 3,735 hands today, so still decent volume for me and I even got a $10 bonus from my first deposit bonus, so with that included I'm in profit for the day.

I could spend much more time to talk about how bad I think I ran today, but I'm not gonna waste mine or your time on that, because it's all in the past and the future is all about improving so I won't make the same mistakes and how to play a game where the luck won't have as big a impact which I think I'm pretty good at.

:heart:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      That good karma will get returned eventually :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Just finished playing for today, my session became a bit longer than I had expected, I was just about to shut down after ~ 2,000 hands, but got coolered really bad when I hit the nut straight on the river, but he already had a flush, so no good, I then decided to play a bit longer and I realized I was pretty close to releasing a stellar reward, so I got 2,830 hands with a mediocre profit but a $10 stellar reward, so the day was saved :D

Now it's time to review hands, I think I got about 40 hands above $1 that I need to review and post all the hands where I'm have questions on hoe to play better in certain spots.

Last night I watched Schnitzelfish's video on habits and I decided to try to change some habits myself, so when I came home from work today I sat down and made a spreadsheet like he did in the video, hopefully I will help me to become more productive although it's all about the determination you decide to put into the work! Anyway here is my spreadsheet hope I can help inspire other people. :f_biggrin:

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Hero call gone wrong! He clearly had me on 7:heart: 6:heart: !

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 2353643

BTN: $2.38
      SB: $5.47
      BB: $2.80
      Hero (UTG): $6.92
      UTG+1: $28.07
      UTG+2: $2.18
      MP1: $1.85
      MP2: $7.15
      CO: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with J :club: J :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.17, UTG+1 calls $0.17, 4 folds, BTN calls $0.17, 1 fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.70) 2 :heart: 8 :diamond: 5 :heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.43, UTG+1 calls $0.43, BTN folds, BB folds

Turn: ($1.56) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.97, UTG+1 calls $0.97

River: ($3.50) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.89, UTG+1 calls $1.89

Final Pot: $7.28
      Hero shows J :club: J :diamond: (a pair of Jacks)
      UTG+1 mucks K :spade: Q :diamond:
      Hero wins $6.98
      (Rake: $0.30)

:heart:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Nice!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      I'm not proud of saying it, but the last couple of days I haven't played at all and there haven't been any real excuses, yesterday I decided to play MTT's instead of my normal grind and no wonder I lost quite a bit :( Today I went out with some co-works which I would say is a reasonable excuse?

Tomorrow I have a coaching session with w34z3l that I got when he was giving out free sessions other and for the rest of the day I will be getting grind on my mind! Also I had some holidays left that I had to take so I figured why not take them now, so monday-wednesday I will be on holiday, so I will have a lot of time to catch up on my lost volume for the last couple of days.

Today was also a very big day for me since I got followed on twitter by none other than my big idol TonnaMunz :D