This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Bluff with suited connectors

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $71.70
      BB:
      $79.51
      MP3:
      $47.75
      CO:
      $68.25
      Hero:
      $49.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 5:spade:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $5.00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.00) 7:heart: , J:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero raises to $14.25, SB folds.

Final Pot: $30.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (6s 5s)

Hero wins with a pair of sixes (6s 5s)

This hand I think highlights the point of calling raises / reraises with suited connectors. In 6 seaters particularly but also in FR games at these levels people raise with almost any ace. In this instance I put the guy on something like AK or AQ or he sees my button raise as a steal and is trying to re-steal. He may have a pair and after the flop, the only way fo me to find out is to ask the question with a raise. Of course if he comes back over the top I have to fold. Hitting bottom pair here is not that relevant I dont think, either he has a pair or he doesnt. If he pushes, even with AK, I cant call with bottom pair anyway.
  • 1 reply
    • crt32
      crt32
      Bronze
      It's actually quite close to fold to a shove here.
      I prefer shoving against his flop bet for balancing and meta game reasons.
      Your hand has some equity against another pair and you are flipping against most draws.