Fixed Limit with Ava

Bronze
      Hi guys

I'm Avataren or just Ava. I'm a long time member of the FL english community. Ive been playing low stakes like forever. and now its time to reach my goal of $1/$2

A bit of info on my poker history:

I started out playing HUSNG NL back in 2009 and was a member of a husng community ran by a good friend. Long story short. I SUCKED bad. In fact i think i always hated NL , back then I was also a huge tilter. My anger was great and poker only fueled that. Part of it was my passion for it. When I go into something i jump straight in and want to do my very best and be the best.

So anyway I played on the back then corrupted FTP and lost all my money when it shut down. Shortly before that I had tried various formats like PLO, razz and even some other draw games. at last i found FL and found out "HEY, i can only lose 12BigBets per hand! and not my freaking whole stack in 1 hand! YAY ME!" I instantly fell in love ..

I played around 10.000 hands on FTP before it shut down, but i was hooked i loved Fixed Limit so much i longed for more videos to watch. I wanted to find players who played FL and i remembered PokerStrategy and tried that and found the English forum. I was shattered to find so few.

I tried to find all the new FL friends i could find. (It succeeded) .. So one night i had played on stars and trying to get used to the software instead of FTP's. After a little chat with my beloved wife. I decided hell no if im gonna throw more than the -300BigBets on 5/Tc because i played like an NL player which is basically nitty and shitty.

I found Leader22 on this site. Got in contact with him, In one hour he made me a winner. Literally giving me a hand chart and a few tips. I began winning at a rapid rate. 3 - 4BB/100 which is like 8bb/100 for any nl players taking their time reading all this.

I loved every second of 5/Tc and actually played more than 140k hands before i even dared moving up. I started with $50 and went up more than $200 as it stands today at 5/Tc .. I moved up to 10/20c got scared played bad moved back. I hated that limit after 15 tries i simply said hell no i grinded 5/Tc more won so much i could try 25/50c It went good i was yaying then it went bad, i hated every day of playing i tilted (mentally) I was right back at 5/Tc .. trying to move up 20 times. not better. Until upswing mixed with bonuses and deposits because i wanted to be sure i had enough on my account to feel safe. Im very conservative with my bankroll management.

I got better and better. Now I'm sure im ready for .5/1 beating it. I don't care about the other stakes. now its time to focus on .5/1 and I don't care how long i have to stay at this limit now its time to get some money.

Poker Goals:

Be a $1/$2 reg and winner
      Get more volume in

pretty simple goals. So where am I right now
      I'm at $0.50/$1 trying to get as much volume in and be a winner.
      So a new month is starting and I for the first time want to get GoldStar on PokerStars.
      made some calculations and it requires at least 800 hands per day at .5/1
      So the past week ive been practicing 8 tabling at 5/Tc . Today was my real test playing 8 tables at .5/1 . I felt really comfortable. Played well even though it was a bit tighter than if i play 4 tables .. But i guess something must be doing good as my BB and SB play has gotten considerably better than just a week ago lol. so anyway.

next month (starting in a few hours) I have to play around 800 hands per day for 30 days and i will be GoldStar. and hopefully have a green winrate. I can accept being breakeven for a maximum of -0.75BB/100 winrate. In fact id be extremely happy if I'm breakeven. so I can only be happily surprised if i manage more than -1BB/100 Which i strongly believe I should be able to.

Proven winner at 5/Tc

Graph of .5/1 adventure so far

Yeah i know it looks bad at higher stakes But i ultimately think the only reason im not already a proven winner at 25/50c and .5/1 is lack of volume and the inability to show my A game for longer periods of time resulting in more volume. Due to my family which is my 1st priority always and an illness ive had all year which im recently started recovering from. yay me.
      I will have to show the discipline of reporting in every day. But It will probably only be stating i reached my daily hands goal and a quick summary of how i feel my game is. By the end of the month will come a total graph no matter how it looks. Lets wish and believe that I can show a good graph.

to sum it up

Poker Goals for next/this month.

800 hands a day for 30 days in a row.
      Get GoldStar.
      Show a minimum of breakeven winrate.

---

Current/Starting bankroll: $401.90
  • 171 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Right, so first of all, welcome to blogging (duh)

Now, I've been around a bit more than most (ssshh I'm old) and I find it had to believe you're a losing player at FL.
      I tried FL 0.5/1 FR on microgaming and family pots like 8/9-handed were the norm - and I mean the norm - so obviously when I raise my AA or whatever from utg I think LLLOOLLL how long will this last and accept it.

I know from experience of reading around Pokerstraegy that you're not an idiot at FL so, I will keep a close eye on this and see how you go.

Why? Because I'm a winning player at microNL (nl10/nl25) who would actually like to swap to FL but everybody makes fun of it (ego stuff), but Boomer is the nuts.
      Oh, and I'm crap at FL obviously.

I'm watching....

Mal.
      Bronze
      I like the part where you say that im not a total idiot :D haha thanks gadget51 hopefully i can reach my goals I really believe it.

Boomer is definitely the nuts , hes one of the most incredible people ive met over the internet.

oh i forgot to say im playing 6max and not FR. FR is sooooooo boring and slow can't take it lol ..
      Bronze
      Day 1:

Hands played: 1008/800

As you can see I actually played more than the required 800 hands. Im quite happy as i could 8 table for 30 minutes which i do 2 times a day or will be doing rather.

what concerns me a bit is that i normally play like 30/20/10 .. But today i played between 25/18/9 and 27/20/9 .. But i guess that comes with the territory of increasing my tables played with 4 aka doubled my tables played. I still think i played well and I definitely took my time thinking about hands. There were only 2 - 4 minutes where I felt I was auto piloting. Quickly took a breather and got right back into it. So happy today

I have to start off with a graph and a hand just as a special treat and for good luck .

I just want to share this special hand of the day. Im quite sure its the biggest hand ive ever played in terms of pot size.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T J
      Hero raises, MP 3-bets, CO caps, BTN calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls

Flop: (20.5 SB) 9 A J (5 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets, BTN calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls and is all-in

Turn: (12.3 BB) 5 (5 players, 1 is all-in)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: (12.3 BB) Q (5 players, 1 is all-in)
      BB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, BTN 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls, CO folds, BTN calls

Results: 26.3 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: 9 A J 5 Q
      BTN mucked 4 3 and lost (-6.5 BB net)
      BB showed 7 2 and lost (-6.5 BB net)
      Hero showed T J and won 25.9 BB (19.4 BB net)
      MP mucked 9 K and lost (-2 BB net)
      CO mucked and lost (-4.5 BB net)

funny holdings they showed up with aswell.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      I am really happy for you. Cheers and good luck! :f_biggrin:
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Yeah good luck mate. I have high hopes for this :)
    • renatopereira123
      renatopereira123
      Bronze
      Good luck, will be following.
      Bronze
      Day 2:

Hands Played: 983/800

Today I felt I played well again. with a little twist, the first session went okay i felt i played well and then i hit a wall. not a chance in hell if i was allowed to win a pot. everytime it seemed they waited for the river to raise their bot pair turned to trips on the river. on and on and on. so -60BB the first 30 minutes, not happy one bit but i had to continue playing as i need to reach my hand goal

30 minutes after a long due break. went even worse and in the same style. 46% w$sd yay. going so great

I can praise myself for releasing a 4000 VPP for the year bonus of whole

$10 !!!!!!!!!!

-134BB for the day .. sucks bad but have to get going tomorrow

example:

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      MP calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, MP calls

Flop: (6 SB) J T K (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls, BB caps, MP calls, Hero calls

Turn: (9 BB) 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, MP calls, Hero calls

River: (21 BB) J (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls, BB calls

Results: 30 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: J T K 7 J
      MP showed K K and won 29.6 BB (19.6 BB net)
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-10 BB net)
      BB mucked Q 9 and lost (-10 BB net)

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Preflop: Hero is BB with T 4
      UTG raises, 2 folds, BTN calls, SB folds, Hero calls

Flop: (6.5 SB) 5 A 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets, BTN calls, Hero calls

Turn: (4.8 BB) Q (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets, BTN calls, Hero raises, UTG calls, BTN folds

River: (9.8 BB) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls

Results: 17.8 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 2 Q 8
      Hero mucked T 4 and lost (-7.5 BB net)
      UTG showed A 6 and won 17.4 BB (9.9 BB net)

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 3
      MP calls, CO folds, BTN calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (4 SB) 2 3 7 (4 players)
      Hero bets, BB folds, MP calls, BTN calls

Turn: (3.5 BB) T (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP calls, BTN raises, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, BTN calls

River: (12.5 BB) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP raises, BTN folds, Hero calls

Results: 16.5 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: 2 3 7 T Q
      BTN mucked and lost (-4 BB net)
      Hero mucked 3 3 and lost (-6 BB net)
      MP showed 5 9 and won 16.1 BB (10.1 BB net)
    • Baluuu111
      Baluuu111
      Bronze
      Hi Ava,
      nice to see you blogging! :)

Keep going, and good luck! This +-150 BB's can happen really easily, so just try to play your best! I'm not a big fan of 8 tabling FL SH, it's a huge jump from 4 tabling, and your game could suffer more than you think at first. Maybe you could try some 5-6 tabling for couple of hours, to see how your game change over that!

I take a look at the HM2, and I figured that out, I play better on 6 tables than on 4, because the higher concentration, but sometimes 6 table is more than I can handle, mainly if couple of 2-4 handed game's going on.

Keep going, see you at the 1/2 tables! ;)
      Bronze
      I researched that a lot before i started and practiced a lot of 8 tabling. and yes i do think it has to be the right number of tables. right now i just think im good enough for .5/1 8 tabling. when i have 2 monitors and 4 on each making it very comfortable and i have no trouble keeping up with things. I don't think my game suffers. In fact my BB and SB play has gotten better. at least im losing less than on 4 tables. I have played 6 tables for 70k hands and i know how that is. when i was grinding 5/10c exclusively. its no big deal 6 tabling. I just HAVE to try this .. crash and burn or be a hero. Now is the time :)

see you at 1/2 :)
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hero?

You mean?

or

Blog Officially Spammed :D

Chin up Ava, just remember the good days.

And if it helps any I ran 35/25 at SD in 200 hands for the coaching last night

• taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Bronze
      lol boomer that helped so much you cant believe it .. and lol videos :D get me some lindsey stirling dub steps and im down for more. other than that FUCK OFF with the 80's crap music :D

always dreaming about the good days.
      Bronze
      Day 3:

As much as it pains me , I think i have to postpone my grind for goldstar. as recent news in personal life has made this seem very much impossible.

will ofcourse update on my playing still but its not going to be a .5/1 800 hands per day grind. Im very sad because i was really looking forward to it.

:( sad story

On the bright side i finally got my 122mm gun on my kv-1s in world of tanks :D going for the IS series.
      Bronze
      So I have changed my goals a bit here due to the lack of time. for playing plenty I decided to reach a nice round number in BBs at 5/Tc .. partly due to i can relax and play 8 tables and still be a 3BB/winner. grind up a few dollars.

Then when i have more time move up again to 25/50c - .5/1 and take it easy there, i think 800 hands was too much for my current bankroll size. if it went like hell my br couldn't withstand it unfortunately.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Perhaps it's the 8 tables that hurts the most. If you are human you will net a BB or two less per 100 when 8-tabling. Just a thought.

/Johan
      Bronze
      well ofc my game deterioates when playing more tables. but 8 tabling really isnt all that hard. and it shouldn't take more than max .5 to 1BB per 100
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Guess it's a matter of practicing. I am comfortable with 3 tables, unless I want to keep an eye on my opponents. Then I play only 2.

/Johan
      Bronze
      multi tabling is a skill that can be nurtured and developed like our general poker skills. some like it and some dont. some are naturals some aren't. a few naturals would be nanonoko and wizardofahhs on stars(both 24 tabling mid stakes nl to get SNE). hell even Isildur1 who has been seen to play 3 - 4 guys hu at once.

jorja something in sngs ive seen play near 50 tables of sng 9man.
      Bronze
      Goals for the month:

Play more volume than ever before. So lets start off with 11965 hands for a single month. (I moved down to have much less stress because of personal life)

so im the happy grinder of 5/Tc .. Which also gives me a safe enviroment to keep practicing 8 tabling. so far im running around 3.6BB/100 so all is well on the result from im guessing.

so far I have played 4134 hands over 5 days this month.

4134/12000 hands

will update with a nice graph when i reach every 5k I get to play or shall we say 10k what you guys think? So soon a nice little tidbit . and for myself since i decided not to watch the graphs and how im doing also as an exercise

One thing about BRM ive learned about myself recently is that I really feel i need to be way overrolled to feel safe and play my A+ game all the time. Also I still need to work on not overplaying so much :D