New old member

• SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Hello

A new (old) member here joinig PS english forum, when Finnish section of Pokerstrategy was closed :(

I've been following only Collin's coaching and Thursdays omaha coaching regularly in English. Nothing can quite replace Finnish coaching and excellent spirit we had in them, but hoping to find something interesting here :)

I'am playing NLHE MTT's, 50/50 sit & go's and PLO. Recently started my own blog in Finnish forum to follow my progress, but I guess blogging isnt for me, not active enough updater / writer.

I'm permanently a silver member, since my account isn't linked to Stars where I like to play, so just used to grind the silver level elsewhere so I can get my hands on the most interesting basic stuff here. Dont know yet if there's a motive for doing the same now, when my favorite coachings are gone and no more new Finnish videos either, but we'll see.

And the nick is from some movies I had laying on my table when creating the account (funny stuff), as non-threatning nick as possible I think, at least as long as we're speaking about poker :)

Cya at tables, I'll get familiar with English forum and coachings, possible Finnish corner as well.
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey SeagalSteven,

Welcome to the English forums. :)

Terribly sad news about the closure of the Finnish community, but hopefully we can make you guys comfortable in your new home.

Personally I'm loving this. Here's a chance to do some serious work on my PLO game. :P

Good luck and again welcome

Laz
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey SeagalSteven,

Epic username :f_biggrin:

Either way, welcome to the English community! While it's of course very sad the Finnish community had to get shut down (especially on such short notice!), you are of course very welcome here in the English community, just like everyone else!

While the Finnish content may now be gone as well, hopefully you will enjoy the English content we have to offer as much as you did the Finnish. I understand that may take some getting used to if you're used to Finnish, but I'm sure you'll do just fine :)

And of course, like you mentioned, there will most likely be a Finnish corner available here on the English forum, so you should still be able to communicate quite a lot in Finnish.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you around!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome aboard the EN Community train SeagalSteven :)

Hope you enjoy being a part of our community.
    • HuhtalaJ
      HuhtalaJ
      Bronze
      Nice to see you found your way here on the English forum :)
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for a warm welcome :) Huhtala still going to be a mod in English site, if so, nice!

Just realized Skodljivec's omaha training is for silver level too, so I guess I need to keep grinding it monthly :f_biggrin:
    • HuhtalaJ
      HuhtalaJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SeagalSteven
      Thanks guys for a warm welcome :) Huhtala still going to be a mod in English site, if so, nice!
      Don't know yet, but we'll see. In any case, I'll be hanging around, and the Finnish corner of course needs its humble shepherds :f_biggrin: