New Laptop, Do I need to download sites directly from pokerstrategy again to recieve promotions?

• n4lly
      n4lly
      Silver
      So I got a new laptop and I've already downloaded a few poker sites not via PS before I suddenly realised this could affect me getting promotions from PS. I had previously downloaded these sites on my old laptop via PS so maybe it wont matter, thanks in advance.
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by n4lly
      So I got a new laptop and I've already downloaded a few poker sites not via PS before I suddenly realised this could affect me getting promotions from PS. I had previously downloaded these sites on my old laptop via PS so maybe it wont matter, thanks in advance.
      Hey n4lly,

I wouldn't expect this to be a problem. The initial tracking was set up through your PokerStrategy account and is not dependent on which computer you use.

As long as you are using existing account names, your tracking and awarding of SPs should continue

Hope this helps

Laz
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey n4lly,

Lazza basically said it all.

As long as your account is already tracked, there will be no need to download the software through PokerStrategy.com. You can simply download them from the poker room's web site if you want.

If you want to start playing on a new poker room though, of course you do need to create your account through our download guides, and therefore preferably also download the software through us.

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Out of interest. If you didn't download the software from the guide, but you used the correct poker strat code. Will tracking still work?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      For some poker rooms it will, for some poker rooms it won't, as far as I'm aware. I'm not quite sure for which poker rooms this applies, off the top of my head. To be 100% sure though, it's always best to just download the software through our download guide.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      For some poker rooms it will, for some poker rooms it won't, as far as I'm aware. I'm not quite sure for which poker rooms this applies, off the top of my head. To be 100% sure though, it's always best to just download the software through our download guide.
      ok thanks
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You're welcome! :)