[November Marathon] - [benaars]

• benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello everyone,

Never made a blog before so a little intro.
      I used to play professionally approximately a year ago, I played at PP 11-22-33$ sng's with very small ROI. Then I finished my education and got a full-time job which I am working at until now. A week ago I wanted to start poker again so I did. Deposited at PKR and been playing not so big volumes (because do not have a lot of free time) until now. (I play 6-12$ SNGs 6max)
      I gotta start paying more attention to my game since I am a LAG player and I start to realize that it isn't profitable on PKR where there are so many loose fishy players who don't fold often enough to make my play profitable.
      1) It is a big challenge to change the style I am used to be playing.
      2) Since I do not have a lot of free time it is also very big challenge to keep the volume since I got a full-time job + sports activities + I need to spend time with family
      3) Very big challenge is to play at PKR because they do not allow HUD's on SNG's and it is even more challenging to take decisions based on reads and notes I have.

So I will be playing on PKR from November 1st and really hope to win this promo because I need this session review more than anyone :p

As a proof of volume I will put sharkscope or HM2 screen-shots (I tend to take it from sharkscope because HM2 doesn't gather enough information from PKR tourney's and they show wrong win/loss)

edit: My screen name on PKR is floater1
      Good luck to all participants!
  • 24 replies
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      I am starting from this point so here is the picture of my current standings.

I have got 161 games so it means at the end of November I will have to get at least 411 games

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck benaars!
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      So yesterday I was only able to play for about 1,5 hours and the session wasn't that great. I did play only 11 tournaments and it seems that some sort of "downswing" is still upon me since I have been loosing (net) 6 days in a row now. Anyway it is a good experience because I am looking through the hands of mine, ofc posting them in hand evaluation forums and from there I can conclude once again that I am shoving, raising, 3betting way too loose and I am not so good with estimating these players pushing/calling ranges without a HUD.
      Heres the proof of my 11 tourneys.
      P.S. HM2 doesnt calculate the winnings correct so every-time I post this graph will stay the same - straight down.

Today I will play at least for 2-3 hours. Will keep posting probs tomorrow..
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Again another weekend has past and unfortunately I haven't been playing as much as I wanted to, but anyway at least I managed to put in some volume in order to get to 250 tournaments (still far away).

On Saturday I played 22 tournaments including ~3-4 MTT's which I didn't unfortunately end up cashing. Overall I ran a bit below EV, but still end up finishing the session in -net $ because I won 6$ SNG's and lost 12$. It is really annoying to loose most of the flips and have aces cracked like 3 times per one session. It is good I didn't tilt, but makes me a bit sad anyway. After this session I promise to myself not to play 12$ anymore but play exclusively 6$ tourneys until the downswing is over or once I got 100(?) buy-ins for that limit.
      Graph Saturday:

Sunday I played 2 sessions in total 25 tournaments with some MTT's mixed in as well. I played only 6$ tourneys and was running well above EV, made some bad pushes and calls but still end up winning most of them. Not a bad day, now I am considering to perhaps go back to 12$ since I was on a heater)) not sure yet.
      Graph Sunday:

P.S. If anyone is reading this and also playing SNG's with a format of 6max(maybe even at PKR?) could you perhaps advise me how should I proceed in regard to 6$ buy-in and 12$ buy-in tournaments? how many buy-ins are you playing with? (Atm I got ~100 b.i. for 6$ = 50b.i. for 12$)
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello,
      On Tuesday I gave poker a break since I was too tired to play. Yesterday I played 15 tournaments a little bit below EV, still managed to finish in +net$.
      A picture below.
      p.s. not gonna go much in detail since no one reads it anyway
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      We are reading :)
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Could you then advise how should I behave in regards to BRM (100buy-ins or less?)

Yesterday did play a bit more in order to get out the first part of my First deposit bonus, it is coming very slowly but I hope I will grind at least half of it until the 23rd of December.
      Recently noticed more regular/tight players at the tables which surprised me since I was used to playing with loose limper fishes mostly. Then I noticed that PKR promotes that I will be playing at beginner tables 60 days after my first deposit; anyone know is this actually true and should I prepare for getting to regish type of games in near future or is this segmentation just for cash-games?
      Anyway here is the graph. I am considering to post sharkscope results better from now on since these at least show winnings/losses and ROI + ITM%, it might be more interesting to see these instead of my graphs which are always going one way :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Generally you should always have 75-100 Buy in's for any limit. I'd prefer the 100 myself (personally).

Some people prefer to play 3x current BI and 1x next level or (4+2) depending on how many tables you run at a time. However, I much prefer to keep it simple and play on just one limit until I have enough to move up :)

I've never played at PKR but I believe it to be one of the fishiest playerpools out there :)
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Some people prefer to play 3x current BI and 1x next level or (4+2) depending on how many tables you run at a time. However, I much prefer to keep it simple and play on just one limit until I have enough to move up :)

Thanks for you answer!

I didnt really get the 3x current buy-in and 1x next level structure. Could you please go a little bit more in detail?
      I run 4 tables mostly

thanks,
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Sure, no problem.

Say for example you have a bankroll of $1,000 and you are using the 100 buy-in rule. You have more than enough for the $6 games ($600) but not enough for the $12 games ($1,200)

Instead of playing just solely the $6 games, some people like to mix their levels. This is where you split your sessions into 3x $6 and 1x$12 game. This means your average buy-in is $7.50 (3*6 + 12 / 4) and you still are playing within the 100 buy-ins ($750)

There are pros and cons to that system and on a personal level I would just stick to one limit until I have proven to myself that I can beat the lower limit by a comfortable margin.

It is your decision at the end of the day though :)

Hope I helped.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Sure, no problem.

Say for example you have a bankroll of $1,000 and you are using the 100 buy-in rule. You have more than enough for the $6 games ($600) but not enough for the $12 games ($1,200)

Instead of playing just solely the $6 games, some people like to mix their levels. This is where you split your sessions into 3x $6 and 1x$12 game. This means your average buy-in is $7.50 (3*6 + 12 / 4) and you still are playing within the 100 buy-ins ($750)

There are pros and cons to that system and on a personal level I would just stick to one limit until I have proven to myself that I can beat the lower limit by a comfortable margin.

It is your decision at the end of the day though :)

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the explanation it helped me much since now I am going to play only 100buy in bankroll or the way you suggested since on saturday again I lost a good chunk of my BR because I managed to loose all 12 buck tourneys but win 6 dollar tourneys which hurt my BR :f_frown:

Anyway, there is a time for volume proof. It has been 10 days since I started the marathon and therefore I will put sharkscope results. During weekend I played quite ok volume not very successful, but I do think that improvements will come and you will be able to see that on sharkscope which I will post in the last day of marathon.

Next few days I will most likely not be playing as much because I have some important other things to do (gotta visit some doctors and my car is near break-down so gotta visit car-doctor as well :D ) but I will be back on track asap to finish my marathon.
      still 38 games to go!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yep, i know it didn't work so well for me when I tried also.

Just play however it works for you and I'm sure you'll be at the 12s again in no time!
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Another update coming. Atm almost at my goal of 411 games. Currently I have got 403 games, so most likely tomorrow I will manage to play the rest of the tourneys.
      Yesterday I did play some tournaments in the late evening because I remembered that I got 3 days left to try and take a shot at free-money in PKR promotion Equalizer. If I do not play at all I am ofc not getting even the 10$. Got deep in 6$ MTT I was huge chipleader for the last hour or so, and once we get to 5 handed play I got screwed 4 times loosing flips pre + 1 loose against dominated hand also pre (QJs<QTo) and finished 5th which made me pretty disappointed.
      Hopefully I will be able to show some more profit during the remaining days. Graph
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Almost there! Good work so far and shame about the MTT so annoying when we get that close and then the luck deserts us :evil:
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      great! 250 games - done. I actually have a bit more than that and the month is only in half, so I think I might double the necessary amount of sng's and try to show some profit finally and perhaps move to 12$ or win some MTT during this month.
      graph
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Pretty damn solid so far then :)
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      I am back with another update after the holidays;I had 4 days free from my work so I was thinking I might play a bit more than usual. In fact I did play a bit more but not in PKR as I wanted to give it a shot at Micromillions.. played like 10 + events got ITM in 3 (very small cahses) so not very succesful overall.
      At least I did get free 15$ in the promotion Equalizer at PKR, free money is always nice.
      Graph:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Nice, free money is always welcome :)
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello again

The marathon is coming to an end soon. It's good that I have reached my goal of 250 games but unfortunately I do not find myself very motivated to play a lot more; normally I would play after work about 10-20 games but now I don't even want to sit back and play that much, I guess it is because of the dark autumn where I would rather just read a book and prepare a good meal after work than keep grinding for whole evening.
      Yesterday played only 7 tourneys, was running ok and normally I would keep up playing but didn't feel like doing so.
      Anyway, here is the volume graph which I hope will show 650+ games by the end of the month.