[November Marathon] - [Lurjus] - Am I a marathon man in PLO/NLHE too?

• Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Hi all!

I'm one of those refugees from Finland, who were forced to leave their community we so much loved!

About me

I am 27 and a half years old and currently I'm living and studing in Oulu. I have been playing poker for seven years, which two of them as a semi-pro. My main games has been No Limit Holdem (up to NL100) and MTT ($10-$50), but recently I have been focusing on Omaha. For last one and a half months (after I got married :f_love: ) I have been playing only Omaha. I started from PLO10 and I wanted to proof my self that I do actually beat those games and I decided to play 50K hands and see how it goes. I did it and ended up whit a decent profit. Then I moved up to play PLO25 and at first I took a good beating. Even thou I lost some, because of my healthy bankroll, I haven't dropped down in stakes. At the moment I'm still ~10bins down in PLO25, but I'm running 16bins under the allinEV.

My goals for this month:

:club: Win this thing and get the private coaching from Skodljivec. His video series has really helped me the most! Thank you very very VERY much!
      :club: Improve my game and remember to study! I have been taking the session review as part of my warmup routine and it automatically forces me to study before every session. Big thumb to that! :f_thumbsup:
      :club: Take breaks and days off! When I grind, I just grind. Sometimes I am so focused in the game I even forget to eat. Short breaks during the sessions and day or two off the tables per week is something I have to learn. :megusta:
      :club: Remember to make posts in here! :coolface:

(( Background for the title of the blog: I have run a marathon in 2009 in Stocholm, Sweden. :f_cool: ))

Hands: 50 000 Zoom, 4 178 Regular

Hands: 23 053 Zoom, 6 999 Regular

My screen name on PokerStars
  • 35 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to EN Lurjus and the very best of luck with your marathon!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Welcome to EN Lurjus and the very best of luck with your marathon!
      Thank you very much! :)
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I promise u, (im sure u already know this) but if u stop looking at ur graph, stop looking how many bi ur up after a session, then u will get the run good eventually throughout the day if u just play enough hands and more than 1 session.

Good luck with your marathon. :)
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Omaha :heart:

I think I have to get down to PLO10 now. :f_rolleyes:

Pretty sick run if you ask me. I'm not sure if won even single flip. Got out flopped all the time in 4-bet pots and missed all my draws and ofcourse flopped nuts where paper on the river..

Funny thing is that I don't feel bad about all that lost money, because I know I played my best.

Tomorrow I will continue with PLO10. :)
    • NemoKala
      NemoKala
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lurjus
      Funny thing is that I don't feel bad about all that lost money, because I know I played my best.
      Hi Lurjus,

Good attitude.

And nice to see you here.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Looks like the Finnish invasion has started!

I better prepare my troops! :coolface:

Can only agree with NemoKala, great attitude Lurjus, once we can recognise that we cannot control the results sometimes it makes a big big help :)
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      I played my first session of the day and it went very well. Three tables of Zoomaha10. Was thinking about taking a shot in PLO25 regular tables later today. Afterall, it's weekend and there should be some good/soft tables to play! :tongue:

I added couple of new tags to my HEM, which I can use when I mark the hands during the session. They are wp and spew?. That way I can mark a bit easier the hands I'm not that sure about. In the future I'll be posting them in to the hand evaluations.

First session of the day
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      10K hand played.

I feel a bit sick right now. I have lost a big part of my roll in just 3 days. I feel like I have been playing well, so this make me very frustrated.At the moment I'm stuck in PLO 10 quite deep and running $700 under all in EV just in this week (EV: +$315). Usually at this point I would switch to holdem, but I have decided to crush these games so that's not an option this time.

I just have no choise but to continue to grind PLO10. :f_frown: The run will get better in some point. It has to, and it always will!

This month

This week
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Oh wow, hopefully things improve for you :)
    • Asmudamus
      Asmudamus
      Bronze
      Ooof! That's sick. At least you can comfort yourself with the fact that EV-wise your're turning a profit. So despite the downswing your game has not deteriorated and you're still making good decisions.
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Thanks guys!

My run is just getting worse if possible! I think I'm done with this volume s**t for this month. I have played that 10K hands anyway that can win the duck I wanted.

Just to make you realize how big impact this period of bad luck has had on my roll I'll post a graph from the begining of my PLO project till this day. Moving down to PLO10 didn't do anything.. 9bins under EV today..

I will continue my journey on PLO10. I don't know how much I will play in this month, but when I do I will update this thread. (I hope it will be atleast that 3/weak :) )

Good luck guys!
      - Lurjus
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I guess everyone wants that duckie! :D

Shame about how you are running :( PLO has to be the sickest game out there!

Keep updating though! We want to see you turn this around!

YOU CAN DO IT!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      YOU CAN DO IT!
      You know what.. I just had a winning session! :f_thumbsup:

I played some NL16 today too, but lost some there. I'll be focusing only on Omaha from now on. I have just fallen in love with it! :heart: (Despite the run I'm having)

I have been following the GodlikeRoy's marathon week and via his blog I have found the articles he has wrote. Interesting stuff and I recommend them to anyone who is trying to get better in any variant of poker.

I have a feeling that weekend will be wild when it comes to poker.. Upswing coming!! :f_p:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Wow, your graph already looks a lot better.

Although you are far from Kyyberi's run.

Omaha is just a sick game but it gives you so much action and fun that you have to love it. But only if your brm is decent enough :D
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Btw are you playing shortstack regularly, I think I saw you on the tables today. Had to snapfold those kings to a 3bet :f_cry:
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Wow, your graph already looks a lot better.

Although you are far from Kyyberi's run.

Omaha is just a sick game but it gives you so much action and fun that you have to love it. But only if your brm is decent enough :D
      Thanks CPallo!

Haven't seen Kyyberi's graph or anything, but if he is running even worse, that must be just really bad! :f_eek:

I have had runs like these in holdem too, so this can't be that bad! :f_biggrin:

And my brm is very decent. :s_grin:

Originally posted by SeagalSteven
      Btw are you playing shortstack regularly, I think I saw you on the tables today. Had to snapfold those kings to a 3bet :f_cry:
      No I'm not! :) I just saw GodlikeRoy shortstacking and decided to give it a go. Didn't like it.. not doing it anymore. Only for that one hour. :f_p:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think Kyyberi used to have some hundred BI's under EV, but not sure :D Anyway..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Lol that gif!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Gold
      Argh! I've been playing my worst game today. I have had two sessions and the first one was just ok after I did shape up, but still I wasn't that focused in the game. Session two was just pure madness! I was just spewing around in insane monkey tilt right from the first hand. :f_frown:

I think I might try again later, but now just have to calm down. Too much coffee isn't good for me. It makes me over agressive and loose spewmonkey. :s_evil: