This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[November Marathon] - [Lurjus] - Am I a marathon man in PLO/NLHE too?

• Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I'm one of those refugees from Finland, who were forced to leave their community we so much loved!

About me

I am 27 and a half years old and currently I'm living and studing in Oulu. I have been playing poker for seven years, which two of them as a semi-pro. My main games has been No Limit Holdem (up to NL100) and MTT ($10-$50), but recently I have been focusing on Omaha. For last one and a half months (after I got married :f_love: ) I have been playing only Omaha. I started from PLO10 and I wanted to proof my self that I do actually beat those games and I decided to play 50K hands and see how it goes. I did it and ended up whit a decent profit. Then I moved up to play PLO25 and at first I took a good beating. Even thou I lost some, because of my healthy bankroll, I haven't dropped down in stakes. At the moment I'm still ~10bins down in PLO25, but I'm running 16bins under the allinEV.

My goals for this month:

:club: Win this thing and get the private coaching from Skodljivec. His video series has really helped me the most! Thank you very very VERY much!
      :club: Improve my game and remember to study! I have been taking the session review as part of my warmup routine and it automatically forces me to study before every session. Big thumb to that! :f_thumbsup:
      :club: Take breaks and days off! When I grind, I just grind. Sometimes I am so focused in the game I even forget to eat. Short breaks during the sessions and day or two off the tables per week is something I have to learn. :megusta:
      :club: Remember to make posts in here! :coolface:

(( Background for the title of the blog: I have run a marathon in 2009 in Stocholm, Sweden. :f_cool: ))

Hands: 50 000 Zoom, 4 178 Regular

Hands: 23 053 Zoom, 6 999 Regular

My screen name on PokerStars
  • 35 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to EN Lurjus and the very best of luck with your marathon!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Welcome to EN Lurjus and the very best of luck with your marathon!
      Thank you very much! :)
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      I promise u, (im sure u already know this) but if u stop looking at ur graph, stop looking how many bi ur up after a session, then u will get the run good eventually throughout the day if u just play enough hands and more than 1 session.

Good luck with your marathon. :)
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Omaha :heart:

I think I have to get down to PLO10 now. :f_rolleyes:

Pretty sick run if you ask me. I'm not sure if won even single flip. Got out flopped all the time in 4-bet pots and missed all my draws and ofcourse flopped nuts where paper on the river..

Funny thing is that I don't feel bad about all that lost money, because I know I played my best.

Tomorrow I will continue with PLO10. :)
    • NemoKala
      NemoKala
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lurjus
      Funny thing is that I don't feel bad about all that lost money, because I know I played my best.
      Hi Lurjus,

Good attitude.

And nice to see you here.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Looks like the Finnish invasion has started!

I better prepare my troops! :coolface:

Can only agree with NemoKala, great attitude Lurjus, once we can recognise that we cannot control the results sometimes it makes a big big help :)
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      I played my first session of the day and it went very well. Three tables of Zoomaha10. Was thinking about taking a shot in PLO25 regular tables later today. Afterall, it's weekend and there should be some good/soft tables to play! :tongue:

I added couple of new tags to my HEM, which I can use when I mark the hands during the session. They are wp and spew?. That way I can mark a bit easier the hands I'm not that sure about. In the future I'll be posting them in to the hand evaluations.

First session of the day
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      10K hand played.

I feel a bit sick right now. I have lost a big part of my roll in just 3 days. I feel like I have been playing well, so this make me very frustrated.At the moment I'm stuck in PLO 10 quite deep and running $700 under all in EV just in this week (EV: +$315). Usually at this point I would switch to holdem, but I have decided to crush these games so that's not an option this time.

I just have no choise but to continue to grind PLO10. :f_frown: The run will get better in some point. It has to, and it always will!

This month

This week
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Oh wow, hopefully things improve for you :)
    • Asmudamus
      Asmudamus
      Bronze
      Ooof! That's sick. At least you can comfort yourself with the fact that EV-wise your're turning a profit. So despite the downswing your game has not deteriorated and you're still making good decisions.
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

My run is just getting worse if possible! I think I'm done with this volume s**t for this month. I have played that 10K hands anyway that can win the duck I wanted.

Just to make you realize how big impact this period of bad luck has had on my roll I'll post a graph from the begining of my PLO project till this day. Moving down to PLO10 didn't do anything.. 9bins under EV today..

I will continue my journey on PLO10. I don't know how much I will play in this month, but when I do I will update this thread. (I hope it will be atleast that 3/weak :) )

Good luck guys!
      - Lurjus
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I guess everyone wants that duckie! :D

Shame about how you are running :( PLO has to be the sickest game out there!

Keep updating though! We want to see you turn this around!

YOU CAN DO IT!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      YOU CAN DO IT!
      You know what.. I just had a winning session! :f_thumbsup:

I played some NL16 today too, but lost some there. I'll be focusing only on Omaha from now on. I have just fallen in love with it! :heart: (Despite the run I'm having)

I have been following the GodlikeRoy's marathon week and via his blog I have found the articles he has wrote. Interesting stuff and I recommend them to anyone who is trying to get better in any variant of poker.

I have a feeling that weekend will be wild when it comes to poker.. Upswing coming!! :f_p:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Wow, your graph already looks a lot better.

Although you are far from Kyyberi's run.

Omaha is just a sick game but it gives you so much action and fun that you have to love it. But only if your brm is decent enough :D
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Btw are you playing shortstack regularly, I think I saw you on the tables today. Had to snapfold those kings to a 3bet :f_cry:
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Wow, your graph already looks a lot better.

Although you are far from Kyyberi's run.

Omaha is just a sick game but it gives you so much action and fun that you have to love it. But only if your brm is decent enough :D
      Thanks CPallo!

Haven't seen Kyyberi's graph or anything, but if he is running even worse, that must be just really bad! :f_eek:

I have had runs like these in holdem too, so this can't be that bad! :f_biggrin:

And my brm is very decent. :s_grin:

Originally posted by SeagalSteven
      Btw are you playing shortstack regularly, I think I saw you on the tables today. Had to snapfold those kings to a 3bet :f_cry:
      No I'm not! :) I just saw GodlikeRoy shortstacking and decided to give it a go. Didn't like it.. not doing it anymore. Only for that one hour. :f_p:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think Kyyberi used to have some hundred BI's under EV, but not sure :D Anyway..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Lol that gif!
    • Lurjus
      Lurjus
      Bronze
      Argh! I've been playing my worst game today. I have had two sessions and the first one was just ok after I did shape up, but still I wasn't that focused in the game. Session two was just pure madness! I was just spewing around in insane monkey tilt right from the first hand. :f_frown:

I think I might try again later, but now just have to calm down. Too much coffee isn't good for me. It makes me over agressive and loose spewmonkey. :s_evil: