[December Marathon] - [holmeboy] - Better late than never!

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      A few words about me. I'm 26yo self employed, working as a trader on betfair. I love football (Arsenal fan) and play loads of 5-a-side, as well as going to the gym.

I've been playing poker for a few years now, mostly as a profitable hobby. I've tried a few times to make a push for higher limits but with time constraints its been difficult. However, I'm always trying to improve, and I think I've succeeding in doing that. I'm currently playing nl25 on PKR and feel like I'm one of the better regs on the limit, beating the games for ~10bb/hh on my sample.

As mentioned I've always had problems with getting in volume because of a busy life: I work nearly everyday, have a pretty active social life, and a girlfriend that takes up lots of my time. So the chances of me winning a grinding competition are pretty slim haha but here it goes anyway!

I'll be playing on PKR for the challenge under 'holmeboy'

Goals for November:

:diamond: 30k hands

:diamond: Be active on HE forums

:diamond: Maintain a solid w/r, 6-7bb+

gl
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck in this marathon holmeboy!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Does anyone else use windows 8?

ive updated to 8.1 and now my laptop isn't working. Mouse keyboard etc. Its touchscreen so i managed to get my browser open bt then the whole laptop freezes...
      I have an engineer coming tomorrow to, hopefully, solve the problem. So it hasn't been a great start to my movember marathon!

I've read a bit of Applications of NL Holdem & The Education of a Modern Poker Player. But without having HM2 to apply the info to my own hands as I go along I really haven't read that much.

Hopefully the grind will start tomorrow!

gl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ooooh never mind, plenty of time to catch up!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Sooo I've a bit of catching up to do!

Good news: laptop is working.

Bad news: Had to be restored so I lost everything.

I reinstalled HM2 yesterday and spent a few hours making a new hud with popups, only need to add colour coding now and it'll be complete.

Today I got in a quick session. Didn't go too well unfortunately:

AK < AA allin pre against a maniac with 44% 3b who didn't like folding. He just happened to have it.

Lost flush over flush against a ms fish.

And AQ<JJ on Qxx flop.

Read a bit of godlikeroy's blog and I'm going to start making post session notes like he does:

Technical play: 4/10 (made a few calling mistakes, missed some good spots to defend from blinds)

Mental game: 7/10 (Didn't tilt, just shrugged it off.

How I ran: 2/10 (no idea how to gauge this so best to take it with a pinch of salt)

I'll play a bit more later after the football. Then once I've got a few hands in I can make a better update.

gl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      My laptop has to go away for a few weeks - #crushed

Good to see you back and I've no doubt you'll be catching up soon mate :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      My man!!!

Great to see you have a thread but why no update?? Coming to coaching to it? Be repaired to be told off!

:f_love:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      My man!!!

Great to see you have a thread but why no update?? Coming to coaching to it? Be repaired to be told off!

:f_love:
      Pleno1 itt!

No update because no volume lol. I was on a staking deal, but that's ended unfortunately, and I don't want to deposit my own $$$ so I'm waiting for the withdrawal to process and to clear my balance with staker before I start playing again.

I'll be back soon with 2 solid weeks of updates hopefully.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      !!!!!!!!!

Last few days push? Remember its all one big marathon.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I spent the last month whoring myself around different site so never really got going, managed to play ~10k hands in the end.

December will be different though (I promise). I've moved my roll to Stars to try move up a few VIP levels for next years SN goal. According to the P* website I'll need: ~800k hands of nl25/ ~450k hands of nl50. Obviously if I'm putting that much into poker I'd like to be playing at least nl100 by this time next year so hopefully ~600k hands will do the trick.

For those that know me volume is a real issue for me so 50k hands a month won't be easy, so I'm going to spend this month working on my multitabling skills and try get from 3/4 to 5/6 hopefully reaching 50k hands in the process. (I've tried playing fast fold games towards the end of Nov but didn't really enjoy them, maybe in the future I'll play again).