This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[December Marathon] - [holmeboy] - Better late than never!

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      A few words about me. I'm 26yo self employed, working as a trader on betfair. I love football (Arsenal fan) and play loads of 5-a-side, as well as going to the gym.

I've been playing poker for a few years now, mostly as a profitable hobby. I've tried a few times to make a push for higher limits but with time constraints its been difficult. However, I'm always trying to improve, and I think I've succeeding in doing that. I'm currently playing nl25 on PKR and feel like I'm one of the better regs on the limit, beating the games for ~10bb/hh on my sample.

As mentioned I've always had problems with getting in volume because of a busy life: I work nearly everyday, have a pretty active social life, and a girlfriend that takes up lots of my time. So the chances of me winning a grinding competition are pretty slim haha but here it goes anyway!

I'll be playing on PKR for the challenge under 'holmeboy'

Goals for November:

:diamond: 30k hands

:diamond: Be active on HE forums

:diamond: Maintain a solid w/r, 6-7bb+

gl
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck in this marathon holmeboy!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Does anyone else use windows 8?

ive updated to 8.1 and now my laptop isn't working. Mouse keyboard etc. Its touchscreen so i managed to get my browser open bt then the whole laptop freezes...
      I have an engineer coming tomorrow to, hopefully, solve the problem. So it hasn't been a great start to my movember marathon!

I've read a bit of Applications of NL Holdem & The Education of a Modern Poker Player. But without having HM2 to apply the info to my own hands as I go along I really haven't read that much.

Hopefully the grind will start tomorrow!

gl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ooooh never mind, plenty of time to catch up!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Sooo I've a bit of catching up to do!

Good news: laptop is working.

Bad news: Had to be restored so I lost everything.

I reinstalled HM2 yesterday and spent a few hours making a new hud with popups, only need to add colour coding now and it'll be complete.

Today I got in a quick session. Didn't go too well unfortunately:

AK < AA allin pre against a maniac with 44% 3b who didn't like folding. He just happened to have it.

Lost flush over flush against a ms fish.

And AQ<JJ on Qxx flop.

Read a bit of godlikeroy's blog and I'm going to start making post session notes like he does:

Technical play: 4/10 (made a few calling mistakes, missed some good spots to defend from blinds)

Mental game: 7/10 (Didn't tilt, just shrugged it off.

How I ran: 2/10 (no idea how to gauge this so best to take it with a pinch of salt)

I'll play a bit more later after the football. Then once I've got a few hands in I can make a better update.

gl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      My laptop has to go away for a few weeks - #crushed

Good to see you back and I've no doubt you'll be catching up soon mate :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      My man!!!

Great to see you have a thread but why no update?? Coming to coaching to it? Be repaired to be told off!

:f_love:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      My man!!!

Great to see you have a thread but why no update?? Coming to coaching to it? Be repaired to be told off!

:f_love:
      Pleno1 itt!

No update because no volume lol. I was on a staking deal, but that's ended unfortunately, and I don't want to deposit my own $$$ so I'm waiting for the withdrawal to process and to clear my balance with staker before I start playing again.

I'll be back soon with 2 solid weeks of updates hopefully.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      !!!!!!!!!

Last few days push? Remember its all one big marathon.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I spent the last month whoring myself around different site so never really got going, managed to play ~10k hands in the end.

December will be different though (I promise). I've moved my roll to Stars to try move up a few VIP levels for next years SN goal. According to the P* website I'll need: ~800k hands of nl25/ ~450k hands of nl50. Obviously if I'm putting that much into poker I'd like to be playing at least nl100 by this time next year so hopefully ~600k hands will do the trick.

For those that know me volume is a real issue for me so 50k hands a month won't be easy, so I'm going to spend this month working on my multitabling skills and try get from 3/4 to 5/6 hopefully reaching 50k hands in the process. (I've tried playing fast fold games towards the end of Nov but didn't really enjoy them, maybe in the future I'll play again).