Hit my bankroll mark for $1/$2

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok guys i started with a bankroll of $150 on Poker Stars about 2 months ago and have grinded it up to just over $1 100.

Playing limit i beat the 25c/50c game for 300BB and moved up to 50c/$1 where i have now played 80 000 hands and am a 0.12 BB/100 winner. Recently got my $285 bonus.

I also play 10c/25c PLO and over 10 000 hands i am a 2.5 BB/100 winner. Have actually worked alot on my game also and am over 4000 hands this month a 4.2 BB/100 winner.

My tournament portfolio is of $10 and smaller freezes, $5 HU SNGs, $5 HU MTT and $4 180 player tournaments. Overall in the green for this as well.

So thats how i have built up my roll. Just need to include some stud in there and some of the lowball versions of the games and i am ready for the $50K HORSE :D .

I have decided that seeing that i have the bankroll and am in the green in the 50c/$1 game that i am gonna see if i can solidify myself at the $1/$2 level.

Wana know you guys thoughts on this ? I mean i am gonna do it. Just would like to just get a feel from you guys on my move. For the $1/$2 i am way over rolled (550BB) so even tho i have not beaten the $1/$2 for the 300BB i am feeling comfortable on making the move.

I am still working hard on my FL game and will continue to do so.

If u guys saw my graph i posted a while back of 50c/$1 i came kinda close to beating the stake on two occassions and then swung down. So do believe even tho my game is fa from perfect yet that it is inevitable that i beat that stake.

All thought appreciated :D
  • 4 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      I know you're playing FR right?Maybe try SH?It's much looser game,swings are bigger,yes,but then again you can win more too.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      If you play shothanded 550BB is close to not enaugh. And if you dont play shorthanded, you should consider to start it.
      I think you should rather go get some 0.5/1 SH, as everybody say how tight FR is (i dont know it as i never played it above 0.25/0.5).
      And work on your game, as 0.12 BB/100 is quite close to zero (and below), and it can happen fast to drop for 0.2 on the higher limits and you are already in red numbers.
      And try to pay attention to table and seat selection, it can increase your winrate nicely especially when going up, as on average there are less bad opponents.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Evilpopcorn,

tomzyb is right your winrate is very low (can be variance of course) but as long as you play accordingly to the BRM it should be fine to move up. (In fact I know a 30/60$ player who nearly has no winnings at 15/30$ (or had).)

But it's probably to start at 0,5/1$ with SH (only half of the tables you plasy right now and add them as you get used to it) than to stay with FR as it get's tougher very fast.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Evilpopcorn

I also play 10c/25c PLO and over 10 000 hands i am a 2.5 BB/100 winner. Have actually worked alot on my game also and am over 4000 hands this month a 4.2 BB/100 winner.

I don't think you have the BR for PLO25. I'd suggest about 60BI until you know whether less is enough.