[November Marathon] - [smice12] - Marathon to go!!

• smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Hi!!

I´m one of the homeless wanderers from the finished Finnish community.. Hopefully we will find here some sort of place to continue our journey trough the stakes :)

I wanna participate to this challenge. At this moment I´m stuck in the lowest level at cashholdem, nl2 and i´m a little bit frustrated not to be able climb upper levels. But when i have something to achieve, theres no stopping me!! So, 10k hands, sooo simple!!

This month started just great, until this evening. I just dont know what happened, everything went so well and then suddenly i lost 5buyins in 1k hands??? My KK vs AK, my fullhouse with tens crushed in the river, set vs bigger set etc etc.. shit.. And I was thinking that maybe after this weekend I can go back to nl5 (i´ve been there 3times and now its fourth time to try again). But no.

But I´ll keep trying and learning. Pushing forward, no turning back!! I wanna crush microstakes!!
  • 21 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to EN smice12!

Best of luck with this marathon and hope to see you around our forum and don't worry, you'll never be homeless here in EN :)

Best wishes,
      Gary.
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Monday, bloody monday.. Or not. Actually I dont hate mondays much anymore. It´s raining and windy, +5celcius and my morning jogging was wonderful :f_ugly: After that some studies and 500hundred hands. Zoom, nl2:

I played only 2tables, my mind was little bit in old monday feelings. I tried 3-4 table, but it didn´t work this morning. Couple of spots where I wasn´t so sure what would be the best action, but overall that session was easy. Deck was hot, villains were still drunk (?) and I was all alone :)

Next some hand analysis, yesterdays session review and then we´ll hit the gym!!
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Welcome to EN smice12!

Best of luck with this marathon and hope to see you around our forum and don't worry, you'll never be homeless here in EN :)

Best wishes,
      Gary.
      Thanks Gary :) I´ll try to settle here.. so far, no complaining. Still miss PS FI :f_smile:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      You're welcome, of course you are going to feel like that.

Nice morning session, it's great to have a routine and plan for the day!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello Smice12,

Hopefully you recognize me :D I hope you will succeed in this project. I'm holding my thumbs up for all Finns to win some goodies - the coaching is reserved for me already :coolface:
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Hello Smice12,

Hopefully you recognize me :D I hope you will succeed in this project. I'm holding my thumbs up for all Finns to win some goodies - the coaching is reserved for me already :coolface:
      There is something familiar about you :D Good luck to you also with your Marathon!! Actually I already have one or two of those goodies, so Im here only for the coaching :f_cool:
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Yes!!! Im running really good today!! Time to celebrate :pokerface:

That´s from normal nl5 tables. My AK vs KK and some setup i dont remember, were hot today. It´s really f..ing great when this things are good to me!!!!! Yei!!! Let´s keep that rolling for this month!!!

Okay, and now back to earth. It did take 2hours for me to analyze my session from yesterday. Not even whole session, just marked hands (14). Most of them were quite easy, but example that JJ hand I posted here to analyze, took long time. And it´s not finished yet.. :f_eek:

Time to sing some lullabys now and say hello to sandman (okay, prettier part of me is going to bed, and her voice was little bit icy when she said "It´s really okay my love, u can spend ur whole night in the net, as u always do"..

:f_o:
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      finished Finnish

:f_biggrin: I like what you did there. Hope the month goes well for you.
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Tuesday (tiistai).

2 sessions today. I mixed nl2/nl5 zoom and normal tables. Stars and Ipoker. Nothing really special, except :f_cool:

I did those normal routines, hand/range evaluation, Ev-math and sessioanalyze. Jogging, joga, light muscle exercise and poker. Thats nice :)

Sessions went ok, i would rate my play 7/10. But i need to practice my thought process more more and more!!! But i´m satisfied with my redline, that´s not bad, considering i´m mostly playing zoom. And my mentalside is improved some from the summer. Back then, i just tilted so easy and started play so spewy and loose after one or two suckouts..

Time to relax, think tomorrow is off from poker. Traveling back to home from girlfriends place. Easy times ahead :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Enjoy the day off then! :)
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Hi ya!!

My lesson number one: Stick to your plan!! I played yesterday, more than normally in a day.. I shouldn't. No warm up, no studying.. I got back home, took sauna and light evening snacks and opened net and after a while realized i´m in the middle of the game. Playing nl5, normal tables, loosing some flips, taking a little heat and there you go :f_eek:

This month:

It´s really funny (no, it´s not funny at all) when i try to move nl5, playing normal tables, doom hits me, aggromonkeys hits all turns, fishes have runner runners and finally TiltGnome (bluered, hairy, bloody and smelly, really annoying and aggrolike little piece of shit ) finds me.. :f_o:

Oh well, well is deep and cold, so is Finnish winter and bad run..

:f_ugly:

Maybe some studying today.. and actually the graph isn´t that bad at the end. I played nl5 zoom last 500 hundred hands.

Off you go now..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Oh dear, I'm sure you have what it takes to turn it around though. I do agree, stick to the plan the next time :)

Run better for the next update!
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Lazy day, (truth, lazy 2 days). Didnt study so much, not much exercise, but i ate alot :)

Session went good, even i was tired and skypeing at the same time (bad boy, shame on you!!). It´s friday and u just need to play nittish to make a profit at the micros, no fancy games ( i should play like that always, but i love spewing so much..).

Hand of the day:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.96 (148 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.84 (142 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $1.96 (98 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      CO raises to $0.06, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.18, BB folds, CO raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $2.84, CO calls $1.40 and is all-in

Flop: ($3.94) 3 J J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: ($3.94) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($3.94) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $3.94 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: 3 J J 3 T
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$1.96 net)
      CO showed 4 6 and won $3.70 ($1.74 net)

Hands: 1038
      bb/100: 36,06
      Evbb/100: 53,98

Well, my 10k hands are almost done. So maybe 20k hands then? No, let´s make it 30k. That would be my new record, so let´s do it!!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      It's like these guys know what's coming down on the flop, turn and river!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by smice12

Hands: 1038
      bb/100: 36,06
      Evbb/100: 53,98

Hi Smice.

Amazing winrate for a day, wonderful indeed :D Maybe you hit a heater, but that sort of a winrate is hard to achieve without some good play, too. Keep up the good work and avoid me if I happen to play on NL5 :coolface:
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Lately, f...c this shit. How the hell those guys at nl5 always beat me??? My sets no good, my house no good, my KK/AA no good... And when i go to nl2, no worries mate, I run like god. :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused:

When i´m trying to slowplay my aces, this will never happen to me..

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $4.88 (97.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.15 (103 bb)
      BB: $12.79 (255.8 bb)
      UTG: $5.41 (108.2 bb)
      MP: $6.39 (127.8 bb)
      CO: $4.94 (98.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 3
      UTG raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, BB folds

Flop: ($0.25) 7 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, UTG raises to $1, Hero raises to $5 and is all-in, UTG calls $4

River: ($10.35) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.35 pot ($0.43 rake)
      Final Board: 7 6 Q 3 A
      Hero showed 3 3 and lost (-$5.15 net)
      UTG showed A A and won $9.92 ($4.77 net)

Well, maybe I should learn how to play.. when i called that shove, i immediately realized that he cant have any Ax hands, or he is really spewy (ou no wait, i´m the spewy.. :D ) But i think he played this hand well.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $5.55 (111 bb)
      BB: $4.45 (89 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.18 (103.6 bb)
      MP: $1.85 (37 bb)
      CO: $9.72 (194.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7 7
      Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) 8 7 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.25) A (2 players)
      SB bets $4.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.58 and is all-in

River: ($10.41) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $10.41 pot ($0.43 rake)
      Final Board: 8 7 9 A 3
      SB showed 9 9 and won $9.98 ($4.80 net)
      Hero showed 7 7 and lost (-$5.18 net)

So, back to nl2 again.. need to grind 25$ to start nl5. I dont wanna :f_cry:
      Maybe i just keep smashing my head and continue with nl5, if i go broke, then John Lennon says: Let it be.. for a while atleast.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Looks like short term variance at 5NL.

If you can beat the fish at 2NL then you can smash those guys too!
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Looks like short term variance at 5NL.

If you can beat the fish at 2NL then you can smash those guys too!
      Thanks!! I know that I´m able to crush nl5. I think I have to work out my mental issues also. It´s all about fear, fear of spewing and failure. I have a bad habit to check my results while i´m in the middle of session. Mostly when I´m loosing. There´s that urge what makes you check, " -2bin, u need to grind that up before session ends, i dont wanna loose again..." And that´s makes me spew. That makes me fear to loose money ----> result oriented, not good.

I´m learning here, trying to do my best for learning!! It´s not about the money, not yet. My dream (i´m not quite sure whether it´s a goal yet) is to earn my living playing this game. I want also help my parents to get better financial state and hopefully give them freedom to rest. They have earned it!! My life long term goal is to be free of financial struggles and learn how to enjoy my life here. Maybe those goals are irrelevant to each other, and I´ll find answer for that during my steps towards.

Now, some studying and afterwards little session.
    • smice12
      smice12
      Bronze
      No updates ---> loosing, spewing and downswing. Just cant win at the moment, so keeping quiet.

Hands 23k
      Profit: -2,6 bb
      Profit ev: +400bb

Only stars hands, no untracked sites.