Real Money play online

• 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey schalven,

This is indeed a tricky question. Utah have passed a bill automatically excluding them from any proposed Federal legislation that makes online poker legal.

There would be no harm in sending an email to US friendly sites like Bovada, Carbon or PlayersOnly (to name a few) just to check their clarification on the legality or otherwise.

Good Luck

• RasTweet
      Hey schalven!

First of all: Welcome to!

I'm not sure what you can/can't do. I just want to give you an advice. Don't try something illegal that allows you to play online. If you get caught, you're going to have bigger problems then not being able to play online poker.

Best regards

• VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by schalven
      I am in a state that doesn't allow online play (utah) is there any way around it, or any way to play online for real money??
      Hi schalven,
      I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that yes, there are ways to play real money online from anywhere.

The bad news is that all of the ways to circumvent the laws are themselves illegal.

Furthermore, even if you did use such a method, if you ever wanted to cash out, you would probably find that you could not.

I really, really miss that huge pool of US players that kept the traffic up in my evenings (I'm on the west coast of Canada). Without them, there is barely enough traffic to play at all.

Is moving possible?

Best of luck,