account locked

• korhilkk
      korhilkk
      Bronze
      Hi everyone. Coral poker locked my account last night for security reasons, i sent them the documents they wanted few moments ago and now waiting for response. Does anyone have any clue how long it takes them to verify my account. Coral is the only place where i have money so now i can't play, just sitting front of my computer and waiting them to answer my mail. Thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey korhilkk,

From memory it took 2 days at the maximum. It's also the weekend now so it may take a little longer than it would during the working week. I truly hope that it is as swift as possible for you so that you can get your grind on :)

Regards,
      Gary.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey korhilkk

I don't know officially how long they take, but I can tell you they were fast for me! It shouldn't take to long for them to review your documents.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • Marton10
      Marton10
      Basic
      Make sure you send the mail to the right place, my account was deblocked in 15 minutes after i sent the mail, you have to send the mail with your ID's on this adress verification@coral.co.uk
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Marton10
      Make sure you send the mail to the right place, my account was deblocked in 15 minutes after i sent the mail, you have to send the mail with your ID's on this adress verification@coral.co.uk
      Hey Marton10!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Awesome first post :f_love: This is exactly the same experience I had with Coral. My account was unblocked VERY fast.

Korhilkk did your account get unblocked eventually?

Regards

RasTweet
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      the problem is that they suggest you send your ID via email, i.e. unprotected. They offer no means to upload it over a safe channel.

be warned of such procedures:
      Sending it by email you risk that someone will steal the copy of your ID and abuses your identity. This already happened to a friend of mine who suddenly found himself in a situation where somebody a car was rented on his name in Prague shortly after he send his ID unprotected over the internet.

Most professional sites offer an upload window over https.

My account is also locked - note that I asked them immediately after I opened account on what documents they need and how I could upload them.

Support told me they would get back to me. Nothing happened.

4 Days later they simply locked my account, without response to my initial request, and without warning.

And now, sitting on my money they are suggesting sending ID by email.

I think this tells very much about this company. I already regret having opened an account with them - I hope someone from PS do about this, as this is simply unacceptable.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey SirTradeAlot,

Was it a poker room where your friend had his identity stolen? I've never heard of this happening at any of our partner poker rooms over the past four years or so.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      Not Pokerroom - the problem of sending your Documents (Passport Copy, Mastercard copy, confidential data) via email is a general one.

Mail Servers still use SMTP protocol to exchange data over the internet. This protocol is unencrypted, all data stream and store on the mail servers is unencrypted.

On the way to destination your email goes over various "unknown" hops, networks where anyone who has access to that network can read traffic with a sniffer. Also 99% of the mail servers store the data unencrypted, so any administrator can access the unencrypted data.

I do not want to delve too much into this topic, feel free to verify yourself on the internet - but you can write this into stone: if you send confidential data over the internet, it is only a matter of time until a script kiddy will catch your data.

Identity theft is the biggest crime business of this decade, so make sure you pass confidential information only to trusted sites over secure channels.

It is not by accident that Mastercard tells its customers NEVER SEND CARD COPY by email. Now CC is one thing, it has limits - but how about your Passport? Just think about it.

Most professional sites (broker sites, but also poker sites - e.g. 888) provide an option in their webpage to upload documents over https. This is the ONLY secure way to pass documents to an operator. as in this case the data are transferred encrypted point-to-point.

Coral does not support this option, and whats even worse they openly suggest to send your ID and data via email.

Turning back to my problem, in case anyone cares.
      I contacted them via support in the beginning asking them what verification data they need and they said they would come back to me. They did not. I deposited money trusting them, and now they froze my account and literally stole my money as they are forcing me into a non compliant procedure.

Hope someone from PS helps. Thanks.
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      on another note:

just opened an account with William Hill (also IPoker), the girls in support immediately knew what to do - I uploaded documents via chat window (https), they told me they pass it to security dept via secure server and verification was cleared in a few minutes.

in the mean time coral didn't even bother to respond to my email and is sitting on the money.

draw your on conclusions from this ;)