RydoG

• 3 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey RydoG

Welcome to the beginner's course. I trust you will enjoy it as it covers a lot of basics with poker strategy.

Good luck with the course,
      Luke
    • RydoG
      RydoG
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Mainly as a bit of a hobby/pass time with hopefully the chancing of making a wee bit of money on the side but I'm not really motivated by the money (although I don't want to be losing mine!)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

I Feel like almost as soon as I get to a point of being in a loss in a session I get stressed out and start taking risks I shouldn't (Am I right in calling this being on tilt?) I also feel like I put so much focus on which starting hands to play pre-flop that post-flop I don't know what to do!

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Tight aggressive to me is waiting and being patient until the strong starting hands come around, and then when they do come going on the attack, looking at raising, re-raising and even going all in very early
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello RydoG,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

You are definitely right calling your reaction to losing money tilt. Tilt is something that makes you play sub-optimally (or differently from your A game).

Do you check often if you are up and down in a session or do you try to keep track mentally? One thing you can do is try to ignore if you are up and down and focus on your game instead.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan