madorjan's blog - "FishMan!!!"

• madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Madi/Maddy/madorjan/whatever here, creating my last darn blog ever. I had several blogs throughout the internet, but actually never one here (cause honestly, I hate the forum-type blog layout, but whatevs). Now my old blogs were mostly about serious stuff, this will only partially be like that, I'll just put any random shit that comes to my mind as well. But let's start with the boring stuff...

About me

Meh... that's probably the word I'd use to describe myself, but let's be more objective, shall we? I've been playing poker for 4 years now, started with shortstacking, SnGs, NLSH, all that jazz, but with my last $14 ended up finding LHE (only game that BRM would allow). I started grinding 2c/4c, and never looked back (and actually never deposited my own money, all I have is from the starting capital - the old one). Soon after I became Education CM for the Hun community (kinda same as what Boomer is now for y'all), and I took over coachings and videos from my good mate, Toma, who is definitely the person I have to be (and am happily) grateful for everything I achieved. The other one is Boomer, of course, but he doesn't get mentioned cause he'd get too full of himself etc.:P

So I stayed half a year in Gibraltar, resigned, and 3 days later FTP closed, where I had 2/3 of my bankroll (and some stake as well), came home to turn pro, went up to 5/T and 8/16 (while having my 1.3kBB downswing). Around 9 months ago a lot of personal stuff came up, and stopped playing entirely, just lived off my BR, and just recently started playing again.

Present

Nowadays I play FL HUSnGs, anywhere from $15 to $100, cause of my suddenly decreased BR. However, I find that these games are not just superfun, but very very profitable as well. They feel a bit grindy, but you have to earn a living, don't ya... So you can expect me to post stuff about that, and obviously a lot of gaming related stuff. I'd write some about my personal life, if I had any, but as every good poker player, I'm super-introverted and nerdy, so no, no IRL for me.

Ok, that's just about enough for an opening post I imagine, so let's get going. GL everyone.
  • 23 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Me? Full of myself?

You do, in fact jest, good sir!!

I swear...one day you'll not only 3-bet...but 4-bet too :)
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Sooo, let's talk about less general stuff... But first, music, cause everyone loves music (maybe not Hungarian folk, but hey...)

Today was my most productive day of all, played ~20 HUSnGs, results are not important (and if you don't know me that well, no, that doesn't mean I lost, it is just my general approach). Awesome day, I'll have to try and keep the pace up.

Now I'm not the one to post graphs either, but this one is purely for learning purposes, no brag (who am I kidding, obv brag):

So first of all, look at my awesome non-SD winnings - that's something! But even more importantly, take a look at where the money comes from in the second graph. All non-SD winnings basically, which shows that people fold way way way too much, but also that they are even nitti... more cautious in the late game with shorter stacks (which is an obvious mistake cause by some stupid bias). That's today's wisdom for all of you.

So let's see some rather ridiculous, funny, or interesting hands...

1) So if I calculated correctly, in the worst case scenario (he had 32o vs my any2) he lost around 10.53 chips here in EV, or 40c if you prefer it in $-terms.

Poker Stars $57.28+$2.72 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345699
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t2945 49.09 BBs
      BB: t55 0.91 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with 3 :heart: 7 :spade:
      Hero raises, 1 fold

2) Haven't seen one of these in a while now...

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345701

Hero (BB): t1240 124 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1760 176 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: 6 :heart:
      BTN/SB calls, Hero raises, 1 fold

3) Ok, so how about... IDK... learning the rules? (My flop call seems extremely bad, but had the reads to justify.)

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345702

Hero (BB): t1000 33.33 BBs
      BTN/SB: t2000 66.67 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 6 :heart: J :club:
      BTN/SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: (2 SB) 3 :diamond: A :diamond: A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero calls

Turn: (2 BB) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

River: (2 BB) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB folds

4) And finally the reason why you should not give up on bluffs, I mean come on!

Poker Stars $57.67+$2.33 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345707

BTN/SB: t1225 24.50 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1775 35.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with Q :club: 3 :club:
      BTN/SB raises, Hero calls

Flop: (4 SB) 6 :diamond: T :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)

Turn: (3 BB) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero raises, BTN/SB 3-bets, Hero calls

River: (9 BB) 3 :heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: 9 BB
      BTN/SB mucks J :diamond: K :spade:
      Hero shows Q :club: 3 :club: (a pair of Threes)
      Hero wins 9 BB

This last opponent is the kinda guy that has to have the seats on Stars, will play anyone and everyone for seats. Sadly, he's not that good vs guys who can 4-table as well as he does, cause strategically he's a mess (tho he handles 4 tables pretty well, I have to give him that). So he sat on me on 3 tables at once, I won all the 3, and at the last table when went all in with his .1BB he typed an elegant "fu" in the chat, then won 4 all ins in a row. I said "look at all these pots you win", he responded "look at your non3betting strategy". Seemed like a pretty weak comeback from him at the time...

Ok, that's it for today, see y'all laterz.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      I swear...one day you'll not only 3-bet...but 4-bet too :)
      I've never been insulted this much in my life, I'll have you know...
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan

So let's see some rather ridiculous, funny, or interesting hands...

1) So if I calculated correctly, in the worst case scenario (he had 32o vs my any2) he lost around 10.53 chips here in EV, or 40c if you prefer it in $-terms.

Poker Stars $57.28+$2.72 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345699

Hero (BTN/SB): t2945 49.09 BBs
      BB: t55 0.91 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with 3 :heart: 7 :spade:
      Hero raises, 1 fold

2) Haven't seen one of these in a while now...

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Limit - 2 players - View hand 2345701

Hero (BB): t1240 124 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1760 176 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: 6 :heart:
      BTN/SB calls, Hero raises, 1 fold

LHE dead...
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      And of course when I start to get back into the poker playing mindset comes another job that I'd really love to do, but would take away my entire time next month... awesome... Probably I'll be able to squeeze some poker in, but not as much as I planned, and that makes me furious ATM. Spent the whole day animating a lady... khmm... doing ladylike things. It was fun at least.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Yaaay, new blogpost! But first, music:

(BTW if you like this, make sure to get the full soundtrack, cause it's awesome!)

Yesterday I didn't have the opportunity to play, had to work on modelling and animating as well as I had a friend over in the evening. Had a great chat, and it seems she enjoyed it as well, so it wasn't a wasted day at all.

Today I managed to sleep till 3PM, standard Thursday (I have classes Monday-Wednesday, so I get tired quite a bit till Thursday). After that I had a quick session, played like 5 SnGs vs a single guy, he wasn't all that bad, but not good either (also it was on FTP that has by far the best structure from all the sites). Also the above mentioned regular sat on me twice, beat him up on the $100, lost on the $60 one. Oh yeah, I moved up to $100 ones after my initial good results. That's about it.

Aaaaand, tonight, the Weekly LHE Show is back on from 8PM UK-time (9PM CET), we'll have an amazing one as always. And look out for sessionreview giveaways, we might have one. You can tune in here: http://www.justin.tv/weeklylheshow (also follow us there to never miss a single stream).

Ok, so some hands:

1) Rather interesting play by a rather interesting player

iPoker - $30.00+$1.50|<> (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 44 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 3)
      Hero (SB): 31 BB

Hero posts SB 0.25 BB, BB posts BB 0.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 0.75 BB) Hero has 7:diamond: K:spade:

Hero raises to 1 BB, BB calls 0.5 BB

Flop: (2 BB, 2 players) 3:club: 5:heart: 5:diamond:
      BB bets 0.5 BB, Hero calls 0.5 BB

Turn: (3 BB, 2 players) T:club:
      BB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

River: (5 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 1 BB, BB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

BB shows 2:diamond: K:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 36%, Flop 38%, Turn 41%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: K:spade: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fives) (Pre 64%, Flop 62%, Turn 59%)
      Hero wins 9 BB

2) Another one by another one...

Full Tilt - $35|30/60 (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players

Hero (BB): 25 BB
      SB: 25 BB (VPIP: 83.33, PFR: 61.67, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 62)

SB posts SB 0.25 BB, Hero posts BB 0.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 0.75 BB) Hero has K:diamond: 5:diamond:

SB raises to 1 BB, Hero calls 0.5 BB

Flop: (2 BB, 2 players) K:heart: A:club: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (2 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero bets 1 BB, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

River: (6 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

SB shows 3:heart: 6:club: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 36%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: 5:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 64%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 8 BB

3) This actually is an interesting hand... the few drawbacks on the non-3betting strat... Opinions?

iPoker - $100.00+$5.00|<> (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players

SB: 15 BB (VPIP: 64.29, PFR: 57.14, 3Bet Preflop: 42.86, Hands: 14)
      Hero (BB): 35 BB

SB posts SB 0.25 BB, Hero posts BB 0.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 0.75 BB) Hero has 8:club: 8:heart:

SB raises to 1 BB, Hero calls 0.5 BB

Flop: (2 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: T:spade: J:club:
      Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (2 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: (2 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, SB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Yes, I prefer this one over the Dylan version. I'm a sick human being, I know...

Today's first session was a bit of a success, went 4-0, tho from the 4 only 1 was actually truly bad, the others were supposed to be regulars (meaning they played not that awfully), so ran above EV pretty nicely. But the action was superslow, I spent more than 20 minutes waiting for my first opponent, and never got more than 1 table up at a time. Sadface.

It's really interesting to me how some 'regulars' can't handle losing a match or a hand. Above I talked about the reg that always sits on me, and his awful humiliation of my non-3betting strategy, and today I met another reg with behavior problems.

So apparantly I am FishMan, Savior of the Sea. But really, why do some people feel the need to chat like that? If he thinks I'm really a fish, there's no bigger -EV move than making this comment, and if he realises that I'm a reg, isn't it just a tiny bit ridiculous to say that? I really don't get it, it's probably my fault tho.

Anyway, hands:

1) If that's a check/calldown hand to you, how wide is your 3betting range? (The answer was pretty fucking wide... ended up with 48% 3bet... still...)

Poker Stars $96.32+$3.68 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Limit - 2 players

BB: t1590 159 BBs
      Hero (BTN/SB): t1410 141 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with 9 :heart: J :spade:
      Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls

Flop: (6 SB) A :spade: A :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

Turn: (4 BB) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

River: (6 BB) 3 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Final Pot: 8 BB
      BB shows T :diamond: J :diamond: (a pair of Aces - Queen+Jack+Ten kicker)
      Hero shows 9 :heart: J :spade: (a pair of Aces)
      BB wins 8 BB

2) Overbluff much?

Poker Stars $96.32+$3.68 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20/t40 Limit - 2 players

BTN/SB: t1810 90.50 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1190 59.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 6 :spade: 4 :diamond:

Flop: (4 SB) 6 :club: 5 :diamond: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero raises, BTN/SB calls

Turn: (4 BB) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB raises, Hero calls

River: (8 BB) K :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: 10 BB
      BTN/SB shows K :club: 4 :spade: (a pair of Kings)
      Hero mucks 6 :spade: 4 :diamond:
      BTN/SB wins 10 BB

3) And a somewhat serious hand to end up on. What should be the bottom of our value-check/raising in this spot vs an agressive 'regular'?

Poker Stars $96.32+$3.68 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Limit - 2 players

BTN/SB: t880 17.60 BBs
      Hero (BB): t2120 42.40 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with A 7

Flop: (4 SB) 2 :heart: 5 :diamond: T :diamond: (2 players)

Turn: (3 BB) 4 :diamond: (2 players)

River: (3 BB) A :club: (2 players)

Final Pot: 5 BB
      BTN/SB shows 6 :club: 7 :heart: (high card Ace)
      Hero shows 7 :spade: A :spade: (a pair of Aces)
      Hero wins 5 BB
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      I generally don't like this kind of music, but Mazzy Star is the exception...

Today was a fine day as well. Another (yes, a third) regular started a cockfight with me, got him tilted pretty hard in the first SnG, and he wanted to keep on playing. Went 2:1 against him, winning the only $60 one, breaking even on the $30s. Got pretty pissed off by the end.

Other than that, everything was fine, the hotrun lasts still. Looked up some regs on Sharkscope while having some time in-between games, and found that most achieve 10-15% ROI, and they're pretty bad as well (at least the ones I played against), so that's definitely a nice sign. I just love HUSnGs...

1) So here we go against the above mentioned regular. The only problem, my friend, is you have a 3betting range and quite a wide folding range preflop, so yes, your credibility is 0... the river card is just a bonus.

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20/t40 Limit - 2 players

Hero (BTN/SB): t1435 71.75 BBs
      BB: t1565 78.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with 4 :spade: 6 :club:
      Hero raises, BB calls

Flop: (4 SB) A :heart: A :spade: 3 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

Turn: (4 BB) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

River: (6 BB) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

Hero shows 4 :spade: 6 :club: (two pair, Aces and Fours)
      BB shows 8 :heart: 7 :diamond: (two pair, Aces and Threes)
      Hero wins 8 BB

2) "Well, I beat every Q hi that doesn't have a pair or a straight... that is Q5, Q3, Q2, which I'm sure he wouldn't bet the turn with... I also beat stuff like... umm... 53, 52, 32... cause those are in his range, so fuck yeah I'm calling, duh!"

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Limit - 2 players

BTN/SB: t1465 146.50 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1535 153.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 2 :diamond: K :diamond:

Flop: (4 SB) 7 :club: T :spade: 8 :club: (2 players)

Turn: (2 BB) 4 :heart: (2 players)

River: (2 BB) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB calls

Final Pot: 4 BB
      BTN/SB shows K :heart: 2 :heart: (high card King)
      Hero shows 2 :diamond: K :diamond: (high card King)
      Hero wins 2 BB
      BTN/SB wins 2 BB

3) "Yep, have to bluff him off half of the pot here, I perfectly rep a strong hand, totally credible, well played, me! How unlucky he got the top of his range... lucky fish..." pats himself on the back

BTN/SB: t1525 76.25 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1475 73.75 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with K :diamond: 4 :diamond:

Flop: (4 SB) 8 :heart: 8 :diamond: K :heart: (2 players)

Turn: (2 BB) Q :diamond: (2 players)

River: (2 BB) Q :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB raises, Hero calls

Final Pot: 6 BB
      BTN/SB shows 9 :heart: 6 :spade: (two pair, Queens and Eights)
      Hero shows K :diamond: 4 :diamond: (two pair, Kings and Queens)
      Hero wins 6 BB

4) "Yep, let's bet into his super-polarised turn betting range. Why? Cause I can, motherfucker!"

BTN/SB: t1335 66.75 BBs
      Hero (BB): t1665 83.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with T :club: 8 :heart:

Flop: (4 SB) 9 :spade: 2 :diamond: 8 :diamond: (2 players)

Turn: (2 BB) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB calls

River: (4 BB) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero raises, BTN/SB calls

BTN/SB mucks 8 :spade: 6 :spade:
      Hero shows T :club: 8 :heart: (a straight, Seven to Jack)
      Hero wins 8 BB

5) "Yussssss, yusssss, look at me soulreading the shit out of this guy!!! What now, noob? Caught you, you knobhead! Yussss!"

Poker Stars $28.78+$1.22 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Limit - 2 players

BTN/SB: t995 33.17 BBs
      Hero (BB): t2005 66.83 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 4 :heart: 3 :heart:

Flop: (4 SB) K :heart: 7 :spade: 2 :heart: (2 players)

Turn: (2 BB) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB calls

River: (4 BB) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN/SB calls

Final Pot: 6 BB
      BTN/SB shows 8 :club: J :heart: (a pair of Sevens - King+Jack kicker)
      Hero shows 4 :heart: 3 :heart: (a pair of Sevens)
      BTN/SB wins 6 BB

6) An actually interesting hand: against him, but at an early stage. He's an unknown reg to me. What do you think?

Poker Stars $57.67+$2.33 Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Limit - 2 players

Hero (BB): t1490 149 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1510 151 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 5 :club: T :club:

Flop: (4 SB) J :heart: 8 :heart: T :spade: (2 players)

Turn: (2 BB) K :club: (2 players)

River: (2 BB) A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero folds

Final Pot: 2 BB
      BTN/SB wins 2 BB
      Bronze
      at flhusngs its pretty easy to achieve 20 - 30 ROI
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Welcome back!
      Nice blog, will follow.
      GL!
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      @Ava: I'd love to see long-term results like that by anyone.

In other news, spent all the afternoon and evening editing, rendering, uploading, etc. the remaining parts of the Weekly LHE Show. So now everything's sorted, all the 10 (recorded) parts of the Show is up on my youtube channel. Here's the playlist for y'all. Enjoy.
      Bronze
      @maddy . I never specified what stakes ;) .. I have seen a guy with 21% ROI over 8k games at $1.5 and $3.50 games. higher i have no idea .. I myself have 25% ROI at 1.5s
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      For this post, no better music than this:

So the last few days were irrelevant in terms of poker, didn't play a single hand. Hopefully I'll be able to grind more after this week, cause at the weekend there's the premiere of the play we've been rehearsing for over 3 months now (I'm just responsible for the lighting, no acting talent here:D ). This week is really busy tho.

The reason I'm writing this post is today's video on PS. I really suggest watching this, cause that is probably the worst e-learning material I ever seen created by a human being (or a bot for that matter), and that includes Joe Tall's 3 minute video on a stud hand and dozens of youtube tutorials. You know I'm not the one to rant on poker education (you know that I really am...), but this video just makes me want to quit this site before it totally turns into a 100% marketing 0% educational site. (However, still just second in this year's Worst Poker Video Contest, Jungleman on balance takes the first place. 100% marketing, 0% education. See a pattern maybe?)

The tl;dw of this vid is: "look at us, we have a new SNE coach". It really is, and it really is not about anything else. Yes, there are frugal videos on the internet (sadly PS is on top of the list tho, but given the high number of vids released, that's kinda expected), but this is something much more. Yes, the audio and video quality aren't great - the latter is probably not a big deal at a one-tabling vid. The audio quality on the other hand is a completely different matter. I mean come on - you're an SNE and cannot afford a $50 fucking headset that sounds somewhat bearable? Or are you in such a hurry, that you don't have the time to buy a new headset, godforbid sound card? Oh, and no one at QA noticed this small issue that you have to turn the volume up to a fucking 1000% so you can hear something? No? Good, quality content.

What is the purpose of this video? Well, some hands are shown from the first hour of a Hyper 6max MTT. So let's say it's a handreview. So why do you use an uncut video for a handreview? So it would be harder for you to find specific hands, and rewind the action if needed? Have you ever heard of a thing called hand replayer? Oh, and no one at QA noticed how fucking annoying that half the video is about looking for the next hand? Great job everyone, nice teamwork!

But all that can be forgiven, if the content is good. I've seen some really shitty videos with great content inside, and you know, it's less enjoyable, but you still gain a lot from it. However... In this video, I barely see any content. One (and probably the only) thing that I have to give the producer credit for is that he comes up with the whys (tho the quality of those whys feel icky sometimes), but I don't believe even Hyper MTTs are such a simple game that you can go through this many hands in this short period of time. Also I don't think these hands were super-complex and interesting, as hands in a handreview should be. But the concept is actually clear, the common factor of the hands is that they were played in the same session. Why don't you make a sessionreview then? Oh, and no one at QA noticed that the video's format and concept are a total mismatch? Time well spent on those brainstorming meetings, guys! Bravo!

Last, but not least, let's take a look at the general purpose of the video. Introduction of a new coach, who is a 6max Hyper SnG player. Why exactly does he produce MTT content (especially as his introduction vid) then? Regardless, what did we learn about him in this video (apart from the obvious). Well, he plays 6max Hypers, he doesn't use a HUD, cause he plays 6max Hypers and not MTTs, so he doesn't have a big enough sample on people, that he was offered help to make this video, but refused, and... well... yeah, that's about it. Oh wait, I forgot, that he's an SN fucking E. Do you, dear bettinglife, think that this video represents you decently enough? That you have as much quality as a poker player, poker coach, nevertheless, person as this video does? And my dear friend, QA, did you not notice that this video doesn't actually support your cause that the coach could be seen in a good light? Job well done all, you can be proud of yourselves.

I'm not gonna start to analyse how this flagship-hunting hype, and the general marketing strategy of PS that was introduced in the last couple of months affects the site, the value of the company, etc. - I think you can see the results of it as well (I'm really not sure how the responsibles don't...). The reason I wrote this quite passionate post is that back in the days I knew a lot of people from PS (coaches, community managers, employees, etc.) who valued quality over marketing value, and these people mostly disappeared from PS (there are a handful of exceptions, not enough to turn this around tho). And despite anything people believe, that is one of the greatest cause of the ongoing downfall of PS.

Really honestly looking forward to your opinion on this subject!
      Bronze
      im in love with you maddy. just had to sit and endure that awful bunch of crap that video is just because i read what you said and i cant agree more with words that aren't censored for kids.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Tonight at 8PM UK-time, 9PM CET the Weekly LHE Show is back on, with an extra guest, Balu (check out his blog if you haven't yet). It's gonna be doubly funny tonight, cause I think I might come down with a fever today, and when I'm feverish, I'm even more myself than usually.

So here you go: http://www.justin.tv/weeklylheshow
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      This week's LHE Show is cancelled due to both of us dying from flu...
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      There wasn't even a man-hug involved...I think it's transmitted via Skype
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      There wasn't even a man-hug involved...
      Eeeewwww grooooooss...:D

On other news, had my first 8-3 Arena run in, and could've been 9-2 if I don't play my guy before I brawl... oh, well... Yes, and if it wasn't obvious by the lack of posts here, I got a HS beta key. What happened to my life?:(
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Today the Show is back on, tune in at the usual place (see above), 9PM CET, enjoy!