Hello all in the PS Community

• juneyour
      juneyour
      Basic
      Hi,

Name is Keith and I am from Canada. I've been playing online poker pretty frequently for the past 2 years now. Tried it out back in 2007 but couldn't believe some of the runs and beats I took, so chalked it up as being fixed haha. Friend of mine won a $55 MTT for $20k+ and thought well if he can do it then what's my problem? Lol

So for the past couple years I've been playing micro/low stakes MTT, SNG and the odd time cash games too. I've had a few scores in this time frame that I feel are decent:

Pokerstars

1. Oct/13 $1.10+R NLHE 3x-Turbo $30k GTD 5/6591 $1950
      2. Nov/13 $2.20 NLHE Turbo $2.5k GTD 1/1729 $522
      3. Mar/13 $3.30 NLHE MM Event 5 $25k GTD 8/18459 $499
      4. Mar/13 $2.50 NLHE 180 Man SnG 1/180 $123
      5. Sep/12 $0 NLHE Freeroll 1/11422 $285

During this process I've come to find out about all the information and sites out there to help people like me, become a better player. With that said, finding all this information at one's fingertips can be very overwhelming. I don't know where to start from!!

I'm looking to become a sound player who makes sound decisions. Math has always been a strong subject for me and I feel I need a better understanding of it when using it in my poker game. I need work with putting opponent's on hand ranges and how to come up with those. Also I use PT4 and I know I don't utilize it to the best of it's abilities in giving me the information required to make the necessary improvements in my game.

So looking for some direction from PS Community in pointing me in the right direction to get this process started and on the right track finally!!

Apologies for the novel introduction lol. Just reading over other intro's and responses to them so thought I would try to cover all the bases in 1 post.....which probably won't be the case lol. Thanks for your time reading over my intro and look forward to any help/suggestions you may have.

Cheers
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Keith,

Welcome to PokerStrategy. You certainly have a few nice scores there. :)

A good place to start is the NL Beginners Course. This may actually help plug some leaks in your game by going through the information in a systematic and ordered manner.

There are also our strategy articles and videos.

Have you checked out our free poker money offers. These won't cost you a cent and will get you a lifetime upgrade to bronze status giving access to more learning content.

If you want to go straight to a higher status, you could consider a Points Package

If you have any further questions then ask away

Cheers

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com, Keith!

That was a great introduction, thank you for that. Laz pretty much covered everything with his wonderful reply so I hope to see you around the community.

Regards,
      Gary
    • juneyour
      juneyour
      Basic
      Thanks Laz for the kind words and for the Beginner Course link. Reading through some of the responses lead me to believe this was the best option for me as well.

So I've registered and started this evening! Figured working nights this week and having a fair amount of down time, this would be an excellent way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. ;)

Thanks Gary for the kind words to my intro. Like I said, just trying to make things a little easier on the people who go out of their way to help us poor saps looking to improve our game. :f_p: Also for confirming Laz's post and the direction he has put me in.

Hope to see you as well around the community, and feel free to drop in on my beginner's course thread I have started and post any idea's or thoughts on any information I have inputted in. Always good to hear from several points of view and different thought processes. It's a good way for all of us to learn!!

Cheers
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Keith,

Great stuff. Glad to see you joined the NL Beginners Course. You'll probably be surprised by some of the things you learn that you never considered in the past.

This is a pretty awesome community and you'll find plenty of people willing to offer their opinions and advice.

If you have any further questions, post away

Cheers

Laz