Tracking my account.

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      Just got back to poker after a good while, and after nosing around a bit in all the options on stars, I've noticed the agreement to allow sharing info with PS. I remember that when creating my Stars account a while back it somehow did not link with PS despite following all the instructions so I just thought I still messed up somewhere in the process. Wasn't that big of a deal at the time as my main account was on FT, however now it would be useful to have my Stars account tracked.

So my question is, now that I've ticked the option to allow my info to be shared with PS, can my account be linked after all this time? I've also entered my user name in my profile but I've done that anyway when first making my account.

And out of curiosity, was that option there all these years and I've just missed it or it's got something to do with the move to the EU site and somehow the affiliate related info got reviewed and stuff?
  • 19 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Zenith88,

The option for information sharing has always been as far as I can remember.

I am not sure by enabling it now will track your account as it would have to depend on whether you followed all the other steps correctly

The quickest way to find out would be to contact PokerStars support and ask them if your account is affiliated to us.

Let us know please,
      Gary
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Zenith88,

In addition to what Gary mentioned, if you can see the Information Sharing option in your PokerStars client and have now accepted it, your account should likely be tracked. However, as mentioned it would help to contact PokerStars support about this.

In the case your account is now indeed tracked, please note that, now that you have accepted the Information Sharing, it may take some time before you will start receiving StrategyPoints for playing on PokerStars. This is a standard delay though, and is nothing to worry about. Also, unfortunately you won't be able to earn StrategyPoints for all the time you've played there, but only for the last 14 days.

If you then still don't receive any StrategyPoints in the coming 2-3 days, it's possible you might have entered your wrong PokerStars ID. In that case, please send us a ticket here: Support

That way we can help you more quickly and efficiently :)

Hopefully that helps!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Also, unfortunately you won't be able to earn StrategyPoints for all the time you've played there, but only for the last 14 days.
      There goes my Black Membership :f_biggrin:

On a serious note, thanks for the quick reply guys. Will definitely drop Stars support an email to clear things up. As embarrassing as it would be to have been a click away from tracking my account since 2009, it's does make sense that if I'm able to see the agreement there has to be some info in their system linking me to PS.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      There goes my Black Membership :f_biggrin:
      :f_o:

Please let us know what PokerStars have to say about it!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Any update here Zenith88?
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      ok so saying someone set up their account by following the instructions on here exactly, but after setting their username they didn't get the information sharing popup thats shown on the bonus instructions due to a cookie enabling issue. If they then activated information sharing, would this now make the account work?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bookie22,

Technically yes, but the tracking would only start from the time the 'Info sharing' box was ticked.

If Zenith88 can reply with an update on his situation, it would clear up some current confusion and allow us to advise members correctly in the future.

My reply is based on what moderators have already posted but as long as the correct marketing code was entered in signup, it would appear logical.

Sorry this is such a long post to say "I'm not 100% sure" but no doubt someone will be along shortly with clearer news.

Still confused

Laz
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey bookie22,

Technically yes, but the tracking would only start from the time the 'Info sharing' box was ticked.

If Zenith88 can reply with an update on his situation, it would clear up some current confusion and allow us to advise members correctly in the future.

My reply is based on what moderators have already posted but as long as the correct marketing code was entered in signup, it would appear logical.

Sorry this is such a long post to say "I'm not 100% sure" but no doubt someone will be along shortly with clearer news.

Still confused

Laz
      Well it would not surprise me if this was true. If it is my opinion of Poker Stars support has sunked to new lows. A friend had this problem and was told he was only partly tracked and there was nothing they could do. Clearly it slipped their mind that actually all he had to do was enable tracking. I would also be interested in the result of this.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I bumped this in hope that we would get an answer :(
    • Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      It works, a few days after ticking the box and resubmitting my user name in my PS profile I started gaining strategy points and Stars is shown in my list of tracked poker sites. I didn't even have to contact Stars support, I figured I'd wait a few days before I do so.

It is true however that I only received points for the play I did recently, presumably for the last two weeks but I have no way of telling the time-frame for sure since it's been close to a year since I last played on Stars. I pretty much doubt there are any readily available records from 2009-2011, if at all, so I can't say I didn't expect this. Overall I'm content that I got my account tracked, in case I ever get seriously back into poker. :f_biggrin:

Anyway, thanks once again for the PS team for the quick reply and sorry about the late update.

Good luck at the tables,
      Sorin
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks Sorin for the update. It seems that what appeared to be logical was in fact true.

Enjoy your tracking

Laz
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Thanks Sorin for the update. It seems that what appeared to be logical was in fact true.

Enjoy your tracking

Laz
      +1
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Yeah thats great news.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Great, suffering the same handicap atm so...
      where is this button exactly.

Im aware I might not be able to see it because I didnt set up the account properly but am hoping that I have just missed it.

Thanks,
      MD
    • funkphenomena
      funkphenomena
      Bronze
      hi
      I am just trying to create an account on eu but the information sharing checkbox didnt appear during registration and I can also not find it in the options.

where is it normally?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don't have access to the client at the minute (until Thursday evening) so I cannot remember off hand where it is.

Will post as soon as I can :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey guys,

I don't have access to the client at the minute (until Thursday evening) so I cannot remember off hand where it is.

Will post as soon as I can :)

Regards,
      Gary
      Thanks for your time but I have contacted both Pokerstars and PS.com support and unfortunately it appears I didnt set up the account correctly all those years ago.

Perhaps funkphenomena will have more luck though.

Ta,
      MD
    • qaz87
      qaz87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by funkphenomena
      hi
      I am just trying to create an account on eu but the information sharing checkbox didnt appear during registration and I can also not find it in the options.

where is it normally?
      Requests Tab ->
      Under Responsible Gaming.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Requests > Information Sharing :)