• ABShortland
      Homework 1:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

Of course like most people the dream of one day being able become a professional poker player and be earning money that people in regular 9-5 jobs (me included!) can only ever dream of and travel the world living like a king is one of the main motivations for playing poker but i think this question hints at more subtle reasons.

Poker appeals to me because i always like to be doing something, i struggle to sit in front of a TV day in day out or spend my days watching endless amounts of films. Whether its being sat multi-tabling making hard thought out decisions every few seconds or taking good look at every decision you've already made in a session review or talking to people online regarding strategy or things they want to look at, poker always keeps your brain fully engaged and keeps you thinking and developing. Learning is fun!

Also poker is a game and everybody loves playing games and having fun! :f_biggrin:

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Recently just returning from a 5 month Hiatus and can't really pin point any old weaknesses that i may have had. My approach to poker was pretty good in always warming up, focusing solely on the session, reviewing, analyzing etc. I had even taken up sessions with Erik Stenqvist to work on myself so tilting was barely even an issue either.

I guess my weakness now will be to get back into that routine and finding my A-game to start putting in some good solid sessions again.

EDIT - I guess one big weakness would be table selection, PKR doesn't offer a great deal in table selection so playing when the tables are reggy was abit of a problem

What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing tag means to wait for the premium hands and play them aggressively in the correct spots, not shoving AKo all in on the flop vs 3 guys on "6 :heart: 7 :heart: 8 :heart: "Being positionally aware and making money from out-kicking villains top pairs.

• 2 replies
    • legand73
      Hey ABShotland

Welcome to the beginner's course. It's good to see that you're taking the course despite not being a complete beginner. It's always good to brush up on the fundamentals. I hope you enjoy the course

• BogdanPS
      Hello ABS,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

Now that you have gotten back into it after a long break you can try to forget what you knew and start all fresh (including this course). This way you may be able to avoid some of the mistakes that you've made in the past (and the bad habits you may have developed).

Best of luck and keep us posted.