[November Marathon] - [Alan883] - It's time to play with Wolves

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello sweet community,

i just realized i haven't made my November Marathon thread. So lets start with it :f_cool:

Well i run a lot on football field but definitely not in a city marathons. But like in city marathons where there are thousands and thousands of people some of them stands out of the crowd. Some of them stands out because they are so fast, some are very old and crowd just loves and admire them, some are handicapped and people applause them for their courage and so on.

Well i am none of them. I am like that guy on the picture. I walking with flow and not many people notice me around. So i am among the average guys in football, at work and also at our wonderful game called poker.

In last April i decide to play poker again a bit more seriously. I decided to study the game a bit more in depth so i took a school package with our great coach Weasel. Since then i improved my game and right now i think i am a bit better than an average NL25ZOOM player. But as i said, just a bit better. So if Marathon starts with 10k ppl i finish it at 3250 place. Not bad huh? :f_biggrin:

I already played some hands in November. Actually have a decent volume so far. I just hope i can keep up with that volume. I had some staff at my work so i will leave my country for few days next week but still i think i can play around 15k hands this month. This is pretty good volume for me so this is mine first goal.

The next goal is to become Gold Star on PokerStars. I have some FPPs to clear and i want to have a bit better rate to convert them into $$$. And of course i must not forget about this thread. For sure i am going to update this thread at least 3 times per week except probably next week because as said i have to leave country due to work duties.

So here is short summary of mine goals.
      :diamond: Play 15k hands
      :diamond: Become Gold Star on PokerStars
      :diamond: Post updates here at least 3 times every week
      :heart: And not the least important thing: I will try to be as good as possible at moderating :f_cool:

I am quite satisfied with my current form. I try very much not to spew money when it is not necessary. Sometimes i realize i am aggressive on the table without proper reason and without proper plan. I have to stay focused and that is the key to success at this point.

Here is my current November graph.

So lets run together dear marathon fellows.
  • 14 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck Alan!

Don't think I've ever managed Gold Status at PokerStars!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      And here is my update. A sad one. Oh i was thinking i am really crushing NL25 that i have so much edge vs other regs and today this happened. The good thing is that i have to leave my country on Sunday for 3 days so i will have time to recover my confidence after today's disaster. First i think i haven't played bad but then i was in a bit strange mode and called few hands i shouldn't. Well i had today a fight with poker and i lost but the battle is not yet finished. I have still a lot of dangerous weapon so i hope i can use it in my advantage in the future.

Right now i am pretty sure that i am going to buy Tilt Breaker so i won't spew money anymore when i ll be 3 BI down and more. So no poker for me for about 5 days and then i hope i will return even stronger.

So yeah that was one sad and you are right if you think that i cry here like a little baby :f_cry: . Anyway, lets move forward.

I hope you guys are doing better than i do.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I'm sure once you have these break you will be back stronger than ever! I would suggest not paying out for tilt-breaker and try to stop yourself from doing it. Once you can overcome it by yourself you are well on the way to success!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Oh no no guys :f_cool: . Things are not going to right direction right now. The point is that i don't have the feeling that i play really bad. EV difference is made by one really huge hand i went all in preflop with KK and won vs AA. Well actually that happened twice :f_cool: . I am only glad that my bankroll is strong enough so i am not afraid of moving down. Right now i have 660$ + almost 300 in FPPs. But yeah that seems like nice bankroll but with few more days like that and a bit of bad luck i will be at NL10 again so i have to be a bit carefull :f_cool: . Well i always say that i love poker. If i will have to move down will move down and that's it. Who cares :f_biggrin: .

Here is the graph i am ashamed of :s_o:

Well my challenge was to become gold at pokerStars and regarding this i am doing well. We are at the half of the month and i have more than half of the VPPs needed for Gold status. So thanks to this challenge i can say i am doing good at least at something :f_grin: . We will fight until we can fight no more :f_biggrin: .
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Keep up the fight!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Fight went well today. I played a session immediately after the last update and run pretty bad. Today it went better. I was focused on pot controlling and folding early in the hand so i was avoiding marginal spots. I also played extremely nitty, but i didn't have such an impression. After the session i checked the stats and i played like 16/14. This is not what i was studying for :f_cool: . Well the profit was nice and very good for my confidence. I am also sure i missed few profitable spots with WTS of only 25%. So i have to work on it.

I have also collected more than 1600 VPPs this month so i think i am on a good way to achieve gold by the end of November. So a little bit more than 800VPPs left. Go go go Alan :D

Till next time. I hope you guys are doing well.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Go go go Alan :D
      Yeah, GO GO ALAN !! :f_biggrin: :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wlcKeD
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by wlcKeD
      Copycat ....

:f_biggrin:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze

Yes i did it :f_cool: . I set this goal at the beginning of the month and i am GOLD now. Still fish, nothing changed here. NL25 Break even fish. But who cares. I was still working hard to achieve that. To achieve gold at PokerStars i needed 35k hands playing NL25SH ZOOM and for full employed guy living with gf this is quite an achievement isn't it? :f_biggrin:

Here is the graph since last update.

I still spew money here and then. I was able today also to fold an overpair after being raised on turn which is quite an accomplishment for me. I don't believe i will be able to fold it tomorrow :f_biggrin: . It is also interesting that i play better during weekdays and worse during weekends. I don't know why is that but i just have feeling that i don't do any profit during weekends.

So congratulations to me. let me be proud on myself for the next 10 minutes. Thank you :f_cool:

Good luck guys.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Yes i did it :f_cool: . I set this goal at the beginning of the month and i am GOLD now. I was still working hard to achieve that.
      Gratz ! :) just one quick question though - WHAT are you gonna DO with that GOLLLDDD now ? :f_biggrin:

To achieve gold at PokerStars i needed 35k hands playing NL25SH ZOOM and for full employed guy living with gf this is quite an achievement isn't it? :f_biggrin:
      Indeed it is ! :f_biggrin: Been in a similar situation life-wise some time ago, so I say I'd definitely have not succeeded :P good job :) just don't forget your Girlfriend :D

I was able today also to fold an overpair after being raised on turn which is quite an accomplishment for me.
      Yeah baby !! :D :D

It is also interesting that i play better during weekdays and worse during weekends. I don't know why is that
      Maybe ... :f_confused: because ... :s_confused: it is WEEEEEKEND ? :s_biggrin: :f_cool: and weekends are for beer and stuff ? :f_biggrin: your body just rejects money and playing poker in general, cause it just NEEDS to be doing something [or someone in that matter :tongue: ] else :f_biggrin:
      But seriously though, maybe it's because there are just TOO MANY fishes, and you're just too good of a guy, and you just don't wanna punish them on their - also - WEEEEKEND :f_biggrin:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Gratz ! smile just one quick question though - WHAT are you gonna DO with that GOLLLDDD now ? fish biggrin

haha well i will enjoy it :f_cool: . Eh you know there are not huge benefits but still i can play freely 100k freerol, i will get 2FPP for every VPP and better rate to redeem FPPs for cash. Better this than nothing :D

Indeed it is ! fish biggrin Been in a similar situation life-wise some time ago, so I say I'd definitely have not succeeded tongue out good job smile just don't forget your Girlfriend grin

Haha well i hope i won't forget her :f_cool: . She works currently in a bar so i am mostly home alone in the afternoon so i take advantage of that "benefit".
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Better this than nothing :D
      I sure do agree with dat :f_biggrin:

She works currently in a bar so i am mostly home alone in the afternoon so i take advantage of that "benefit".
      Haha, great "Life-roll management" :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      The month is over and here is my final update.
      Here is the graph from last update until now.

I am still BE at NL25ZOOM after 57k hans played. Things just don't move in any direction. If i take whole November in account i am 60$ down. Overall at NL25ZOOM i am 60$ up so nothing interesting really happening here. I wil ltry to grind as much as possible in December also and i will try to keep the Gold status. As this final update whole month was boring. I played a lot and haven't achieve anything.

Here is also the graph of whole month.

It just cannot be more boring. No comment really needed. Still better than loosing a lot :f_eek:

have fun guys and see you in one of future challenges. That was it.