This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Reduce characters

• sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Gold
      Anyone know how to reduce the amount of characters the hud shows? for example, under the name stat it shows 5 characters. Since my name is sc2zerker it shows sc2ze. I'm trying to make it show only the first 3 chars. So my name would appear as sc2, and my opponents the same.

I find it optimal this way because you can have up to 3 digits and it grids better. Also you rarely face people with more than 3 characters the same and when you do you hope your hud is most likely working perfectly fine anyways because the 9/10 or 5/6 people at the table dont have identical names. so pos 2 and pos 3 you could compare having different names

the work around i found so far is to make the name char font size smaller than the rest.
  • 2 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by sc2zerker
      Anyone know how to reduce the amount of characters the hud shows? for example, under the name stat it shows 5 characters. Since my name is sc2zerker it shows sc2ze. I'm trying to make it show only the first 3 chars. So my name would appear as sc2, and my opponents the same.

I find it optimal this way because you can have up to 3 digits and it grids better. Also you rarely face people with more than 3 characters the same and when you do you hope your hud is most likely working perfectly fine anyways because the 9/10 or 5/6 people at the table dont have identical names. so pos 2 and pos 3 you could compare having different names

the work around i found so far is to make the name char font size smaller than the rest.
      The number of characters displayed is not a user customisable option, instead we have two stats available for the user name. You have an option of the total username or a shortened 5 character version of the user name depending on which stat you chose. Some users remove the user name stat completely from the on-table HUD and instead rely on HUD Popups and Tooltips to verify the opponent's name.
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Gold
      well that's disappointing.... thanks for the reply though!