Reduce characters

• sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Anyone know how to reduce the amount of characters the hud shows? for example, under the name stat it shows 5 characters. Since my name is sc2zerker it shows sc2ze. I'm trying to make it show only the first 3 chars. So my name would appear as sc2, and my opponents the same.

I find it optimal this way because you can have up to 3 digits and it grids better. Also you rarely face people with more than 3 characters the same and when you do you hope your hud is most likely working perfectly fine anyways because the 9/10 or 5/6 people at the table dont have identical names. so pos 2 and pos 3 you could compare having different names

the work around i found so far is to make the name char font size smaller than the rest.
  • 2 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by sc2zerker
      Anyone know how to reduce the amount of characters the hud shows? for example, under the name stat it shows 5 characters. Since my name is sc2zerker it shows sc2ze. I'm trying to make it show only the first 3 chars. So my name would appear as sc2, and my opponents the same.

I find it optimal this way because you can have up to 3 digits and it grids better. Also you rarely face people with more than 3 characters the same and when you do you hope your hud is most likely working perfectly fine anyways because the 9/10 or 5/6 people at the table dont have identical names. so pos 2 and pos 3 you could compare having different names

the work around i found so far is to make the name char font size smaller than the rest.
      The number of characters displayed is not a user customisable option, instead we have two stats available for the user name. You have an option of the total username or a shortened 5 character version of the user name depending on which stat you chose. Some users remove the user name stat completely from the on-table HUD and instead rely on HUD Popups and Tooltips to verify the opponent's name.
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      well that's disappointing.... thanks for the reply though!