Open Raise Size Result and next Steps

• TanteDoris
      TanteDoris
      Bronze
      Hi,

i did a filter on my >100k Hand NL50 6max Database with the following results regarding OR Sizes:

(BU, SB, BB) success

2BB Raise: 35%, 27%, 40%
      3BB Raise 47%, 41%, 56%
      4BB Raise 67%, 50%, 63%

And NOW?

What would be your adjustments based on this? Raise Premium Hands smaller? Raise junk bigger?

Maybe in the next step i take a look at the CBet Success in these spots...
  • 3 replies
    • Naidonis
      Naidonis
      Bronze
      What do you mean by success? Opponents folding?
    • TanteDoris
      TanteDoris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Naidonis
      What do you mean by success? Opponents folding?
      yes! Steal success
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TanteDoris
      Raise Premium Hands smaller? Raise junk bigger?
      that would def be very bad, anyone with half a brain will notice and exploit you hard. imo open 2bb from bu when sb and bb are inclined to either fold or 3bet, if you have a weak passive (preflop) fish in the bb, you can start openning to 3x, the only reason to 4x is having 2 guys playing like 80/2/0 (vpip, pfr, 3bet) on the blinds. from the sb I like 3x/2.5x depending on bb's 3b and general preflop tendancies, I might even 4x from sb for various reasons other then having a loose passive fish, some people would shut up with light 3bets vs 4x from sb, and will adjust really bad by calling more junk and playing passively post but that's another story.
      anyway your opening size should only depend on your opponements tendancies/dynamics etc... and NOT on your hand strenght